Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Thanks kim, I know you are absolutely right. it's a psychological thing at the moment for me, as long as i see the number on the scales coming down it motivates me to keep going. I know that if i started toning now i would get a head start on seeing some tone as i lose the fat and that my clothes would fit better and i would look slimmer and also that muscle burns more calories than fat therefore i technically should lose the weight even quicker... Hmm, could be starting to convince myself here to get cracking ;) x

I'll see how i get on this week.. wi is mondays for me. I'm away on hols for the next few days but am planning how to stay on plan at the moment (i.e. what takeaways are the healthiest.) It's just a little getaway so a roadtrip (self catering) where i try to do as little cooking as poss lol.

Plus my biggest downfall is wine!! so at the moment my challenge is to stick to plan 100% with no alcohol... think adding exercise into the mix right now might be the breaking of me lol... one step at a time :) x

donna88 said:
I know what you mean, I'm the same, I was a stone heavier when I went to Disneyland and although I still wanted to loose weight I was happy and thought I looked okay, but when I've put weight on even though its not been to that extent I feel huge! In fact sometimes don't even have to put weight on to feel like it :(

It's awful isn't it :-( its like I'm looking in one of those crazy fun fair mirrors at the minute and my even though my work clothes are only a little bit tighter (like TOTM tighter) there not overly tight.

It's so strange. I think I desperately want to see under 9st 7 again because that's where I'm happy.

Nikki<3 said:
How is it that just 6lbs heavier makes me feel like a total beaches whale compared to when I'm 9st 6!! When I went on my cruise I was 9st 6.5lb and felt fab (still felt a bit chubby) but sooooo much better than right now :-/

Sometimes I think It's in our heads. Some days I feel skinny them stand on scales, no loss and suddenly am fat again. This week I gained 1.5 but feels more. When I did the shred and only lost 0.5 I still felt great. I think knowing you have gained and/or not did excercise makes you feel worse....if that makes any sense x

Does anyone want to give me their meal ideas for a week? gettin bored and need change.
Have nothing planned for tonight which is due to me being fed up of chicken and mince
Nikki you mentioned sausage casserole...what sausages you using and how will you make it? Gravy etc?
Not going to worry about the Chinese tom, just trying to eat good and limit the garbage. Even lunches are boring me and long for heinz tomato soup with bread.....help

debtin said:
Does anyone want to give me their meal ideas for a week? gettin bored and need change.
Have nothing planned for tonight which is due to me being fed up of chicken and mince
Nikki you mentioned sausage casserole...what sausages you using and how will you make it? Gravy etc?
Not going to worry about the Chinese tom, just trying to eat good and limit the garbage. Even lunches are boring me and long for heinz tomato soup with bread.....help

I'm going to use the tesco light choices sausages (0.5 syn each) then I will use chopped onion, cartts, garlic, mushrooms and tomatoes and add some stock. Last time I did it I added a oxo spag Bol stock cube which was nice.

Really not feeling it tonight though. Might have a change of plan.....

icklerockchick said:
Omg just did 6 week 6 pack level 1 for first time and I'm knackered!! Core and and Definately one of my weak points so found some of the moves a bit tricky and also couldn't keep up when she does double speed on circuit 2 but I believe it's better to do them a little slower with good form than rush with poor form. X

Me n oh r gonna start the 6 week 6 pack tonight x

Nikki<3 said:
It's awful isn't it :-( its like I'm looking in one of those crazy fun fair mirrors at the minute and my even though my work clothes are only a little bit tighter (like TOTM tighter) there not overly tight.

It's so strange. I think I desperately want to see under 9st 7 again because that's where I'm happy.

I think that I have one of those fun fair mirrors cos if I cab fit in an 8 I MUST be slim but yet every mirror I walk past tells me a different story!

lilprincessvic said:
I think that I have one of those fun fair mirrors cos if I cab fit in an 8 I MUST be slim but yet every mirror I walk past tells me a different story!

Haha same here, my OH always says "Nikki how can you be fat your a size 8"

Well I must be massive girls cause I'm 2 sizes bigger at a12 he he ......
it's all in your heads all 3 of you are gorgeous and slim and have done so well. all of you post a before and after photo so you can see the difference try find something that used to be tight and see how big it is now then you will see difference xxx

Plus my biggest downfall is wine!! so at the moment my challenge is to stick to plan 100% with no alcohol... think adding exercise into the mix right now might be the breaking of me lol... one step at a time :) x

Haha! Isn't it everyones! At the start of this I didn't drink for about 6 weeks, then had one night a week drinking, then hangover food the next day & bounced around with same few pounds & hardly lost anything! Since I realised that was the problem, I've curbed the drinking a lot! Mind you, I dont think its the wine per say, but the hangover food the next day & I get pickled a lot quicker now Im lighter! x

I'll do a list of my dinners for you in a bit Debs x

I'm going to use the tesco light choices sausages (0.5 syn each) then I will use chopped onion, cartts, garlic, mushrooms and tomatoes and add some stock. Last time I did it I added a oxo spag Bol stock cube which was nice.

Really not feeling it tonight though. Might have a change of plan.....

Think the Tesco Light sausages are 1 syn each Nikki, but I'll do a search for you in a mo! x

it's all in your heads all 3 of you are gorgeous and slim and have done so well. all of you post a before and after photo so you can see the difference try find something that used to be tight and see how big it is now then you will see difference xxx

Thank you Ronnie, someone else that agrees with my thoughts exactly! x

Ladies ladies, where do you buy your mirrors! All 3 of you, in fact all of us on this thread are SLIM!!! As Ronnie said above, post a before & after picture & see the difference! Yes, we were all chubby, but now we're not! I understand all about body image, but it really isn't healthy to say that, when we're all a size 8 - 12! It is psychological & I know it takes the mind time to catch up with the body, but you all must realise that you are SLIM! We all have aspects of our bodies we're not happy with & we cant go round comparing ourselves to other people/'celebs', as they will have body issues as well!
I apologise if I've offended anyone with my comment, but dont apologise for saying it & hope its not too harsh as thats not the intention! It is meant kindly & with compassion because I do know where you're coming from.

Had another think about this topic & think we need to turn it into a positive......there will be some!
Have a real serious think about your body & post what area you're unhappy with & what areas you are happy with & be honest....only if you want to, no pressure.

Kim.....unhappy with my tummy/hip area, this is where I carry excess 'fat'. I am happy with everything else, I like my legs, arms & bust! I like my curvy figure & happy with it! x

Last edited:
Nikki...... x

Tesco Light Choices, Cumberland Pork Sausages, Reduced Fat, 8 pack, chilled 57g each

extraeasy.gif
1 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 1 Syns
green.gif
Green 3½ Syns

Dinners for Deb.....

Meatballs In SW BBQ sauce & roasted veggies
Twice baked potatoes & salad
Spaghetti Carbonara made with Phili sauce
Spaghetti Bolognese
Chili con Carne
Veg/meat curry
Chicken Fajita
Quorn Mince Bolognese/Chili/Curry
Rissotto
Vegetable/Chicken Carbonara made with Phili sauce
Sausages & salad
Homemade burgers & salad
Roast Dinner
Chicken legs in Hoi Sin Sauce & salad
Veg/meat stir fry
Pork/chicken escalope with veg/potatoes with a mushroom phili sauce
Steak dinner
Lamb shanks & veg/potatoes
Homemade Thai Pork burgers with raita & tabulha salad
Salmon & veg/salad/potatoes
Prawn Linguini

If I think of anymore........ x

Wow thanks Kim. Think am just getting lazy. Was thinking today how am sick of thinking of food all the time. We are prob all the same though.
I am doing much better from my binge at weekend tho still feel bagged and bloated. I know It's excercise I need to make me feel better. Just don't have the will lately. Not sure what's wrong. Am prob craving junk I think therefore need to get it out my system by being good!!
On the issue of being "fat" and I mean no offence but I think part of my problem is that I have never been overweight. Yes when pregnant I put on three stone and hated the aftermath but some of that was baby, fluid etc so feel as tho am not in the same boat "mentally" as most. Plain and simply, no matter your size, we just don't feel satisfied. That's probably hardest to deal with. I know am repeating a lot of the chat on here but surely if we eat as best we can 95% of the time, follow principles of sw and excercise then once we get to our ideal weight we should be happy?
I wanted to get to 8st 7 since I had my baby but I got there, give or take a quarter of a pound and didn't suddenly think "oh my god I look great" as most of you prob didn't either. It's a mental issue. I know how good I feel when I finally do move my ass and It's been better than when I stand on the scales.
I know I constantly contradict myself on here and am off plan more than I am on it but sometimes we just need to relax, do what we can, stay clear of the guilt foods and excercise.
No offence but I don't want to be on this forum when am a wrinkled oap (and no lydia and Kim you are NOT wrinkly oap's) so at some point, we may not be at "target" but we will be happier and able to maintain without thinking we are huge when clearly we are not. In fact a lot of folk would say we need a good feed ;)
Everyone does amazing and shouldn't knock yourselves. X

I can see it in the photos, it's mirrors that lie!!!!!

Vicky- unhappy with my lower tummy, it doesn't go down no matter what I do and my thighs cos they r massive. Like my shoulders and arms they have always been slender and love my waist cos it is and always has been tiny!!

kim63 said:
Nikki...... x

Tesco Light Choices, Cumberland Pork Sausages, Reduced Fat, 8 pack, chilled 57g each

1 Syns on Extra Easy Original 1 Syns Green 3½ Syns

Oops thanks Kim :) good job I only had 4 syns at work!

You'll get there soon, don't worry and you look stunning in all the photo's you've posted

I do mine the same as Nikki but I throw baked beans in as well

Haha same here, my OH always says "Nikki how can you be fat your a size 8"

Haha. my boyfriend got really wound up the other day because I tried a dress on which didn't fit... he was ranting and raving for ages about ''how can it not fit you, if it doesn't fit you then who does it fit'' lol I had to laugh at him.

The clothes is a good idea, in fact perfect example I started dieting to get back into my size 12 jeans and now they don't fit because they're too big!

Haha! Isn't it everyones! At the start of this I didn't drink for about 6 weeks, then had one night a week drinking, then hangover food the next day & bounced around with same few pounds & hardly lost anything! Since I realised that was the problem, I've curbed the drinking a lot! Mind you, I dont think its the wine per say, but the hangover food the next day & I get pickled a lot quicker now Im lighter! x

I'll do a list of my dinners for you in a bit Debs x

Think the Tesco Light sausages are 1 syn each Nikki, but I'll do a search for you in a mo! x

Thank you Ronnie, someone else that agrees with my thoughts exactly! x

Ladies ladies, where do you buy your mirrors! All 3 of you, in fact all of us on this thread are SLIM!!! As Ronnie said above, post a before & after picture & see the difference! Yes, we were all chubby, but now we're not! I understand all about body image, but it really isn't healthy to say that, when we're all a size 8 - 12! It is psychological & I know it takes the mind time to catch up with the body, but you all must realise that you are SLIM! We all have aspects of our bodies we're not happy with & we cant go round comparing ourselves to other people/'celebs', as they will have body issues as well!
I apologise if I've offended anyone with my comment, but dont apologise for saying it & hope its not too harsh as thats not the intention! It is meant kindly & with compassion because I do know where you're coming from.

Had another think about this topic & think we need to turn it into a positive......there will be some!
Have a real serious think about your body & post what area you're unhappy with & what areas you are happy with & be honest....only if you want to, no pressure.

Kim.....unhappy with my tummy/hip area, this is where I carry excess 'fat'. I am happy with everything else, I like my legs, arms & bust! I like my curvy figure & happy with it! x

I don't think I've ever seen you post anything that could be remotely offensive, I think that's a great post and I know your right!!!! Thank you

Personally I still don't like my tummy, it's flabby and blah and I don't like my boobs, they're just skin lol. But I'm happy with my arms, which I used to hate when I was bigger and I love my legs. Also like how I don't always have a double chin in photo's anymore. Oh and weird but I really like my hands and fingers.

Filling in an application form for little one's school as a learning support assistant. I hate application forms AGGHHHHH. To be honest don't think I'll get this one as all my experience is in secondary schools and not primary but its worth sending it in just in case. Hopefully some positions will be available soon at the school I volunteer at, there are whispers of people leaving but noones actually handed their notice in yet!

See, so far the positives outweigh the negatives!
It seems that all of us so far are unhappy with our tummy areas, so lets see if Jillian can help us with that with the 6 pack dvd.....when it arrives!

I will always find a positive from somewhere ladies so be warned! X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Good idea on the positive parts of our bodies I think it can be too easy to only concentrate on the bad points!!

Bad- teeth, boobs and tummy!! Always self conscious of my teeth as they are really wonky so hate smiling in pics, boobs I absolutely hate being an A cup would love them to be a little bigger and not need mega padded bras, tummy is Definately flabbiest part by far I guess a lot of us carry our extra inches there it seems!

Good- I love that I totally abuse my hair shaving an undercut in it and always dye/cut it myself and it grows really long and thick regardless of my punishment! I don't mind my arms and legs they need a little toning but will never be really skinny as have muscley thighs and calves from lots of squats at derby! Skin generally too I don't take good care of it and rarely gets spots or anything so that's pretty awesome! X

icklerockchick said:
Good idea on the positive parts of our bodies I think it can be too easy to only concentrate on the bad points!!

Bad- teeth, boobs and tummy!! Always self conscious of my teeth as they are really wonky so hate smiling in pics, boobs I absolutely hate being an A cup would love them to be a little bigger and not need mega padded bras, tummy is Definately flabbiest part by far I guess a lot of us carry our extra inches there it seems!

Good- I love that I totally abuse my hair shaving an undercut in it and always dye/cut it myself and it grows really long and thick regardless of my punishment! I don't mind my arms and legs they need a little toning but will never be really skinny as have muscley thighs and calves from lots of squats at derby! Skin generally too I don't take good care of it and rarely gets spots or anything so that's pretty awesome! X

You should have said your eyes as well Laura as in the pics I've seen of you, you have gorgeous big ?brown eyes x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Back