Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Sounds like everyones having a hard time with something or other :/ hope good things happen to us all soon.

Just rest up Charlene and make yourself better.

Sounds awful Vicky, not surprised your shaken up. Enjoy your friends night and just have a few treats you deserve it.

Sounds like a lovely night Kim.

Waiting now for boyfriend to get back from his interview, can't wait to hear how it went.

Yes it was a lovely night Donna, as it was impromptu & they are always the best. The key to drinking wine I've found & not have a hangover, is to get the good stuff! My favourite at the mo is Villa Maria, a New Zealand Sauviognon Blanc......scrummy! Its on special in Tesco at the moment £6.99 down from £9.99!

Is it another teaching job he's going for?

So I've been lying in bed all day not being able to move, doped up on pain killers. I've been starving from 12 o'clock today cause I've been on my own. My bf finally came home from work and said he was too tired to cook dinner so he ended up ordering an Indian :( I've no choice to eat it cause I need food and can't lift my head to cook. We did order a chicken vindaloo with boiled rice as I do believe its lower in syns. But it's the garlic nann I'm about to eat that's annoying me lol sickness sucks

Only another half off this week. So gutted as I tried hard this week! I might try a few red days. I've never done a red day - any meal ideas appreciated! :)
hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Only another half off this week. So gutted as I tried hard this week! I might try a few red days. I've never done a red day - any meal ideas appreciated! :)

Im thinking of doing a few red days too, never done them before, hopefully will make a difference!

Having a hungry day today! Trying to stick to sf foods. Loads of fruit & veg. Had all my syns plus 2 hexB! Doing red day so will try some ham slices now. Had loads of water to try get rid of hunger, think ill head to bed out of the way of temptation!

Yes it was a lovely night Donna, as it was impromptu & they are always the best. The key to drinking wine I've found & not have a hangover, is to get the good stuff! My favourite at the mo is Villa Maria, a New Zealand Sauviognon Blanc......scrummy! Its on special in Tesco at the moment £6.99 down from £9.99!

Is it another teaching job he's going for?

I find with drinking wine (I'm a red wine drinker so have to be careful other wise I have terrible hang overs) is to drinks LOADS of water with it as well, I had loads of wine new years eve but also loads of water and felt fine new years day, where as at the running club end of year do I had 3 or 4 glasses and no water and felt awful the next day.

Head of Chemistry at a much better school then where he is now, he got the job :D doesn't start until September but I'm so proud of him and happy for him.

So I've been lying in bed all day not being able to move, doped up on pain killers. I've been starving from 12 o'clock today cause I've been on my own. My bf finally came home from work and said he was too tired to cook dinner so he ended up ordering an Indian :( I've no choice to eat it cause I need food and can't lift my head to cook. We did order a chicken vindaloo with boiled rice as I do believe its lower in syns. But it's the garlic nann I'm about to eat that's annoying me lol sickness sucks

Vindaloo is only about 6 syns hun, don't worry about the naan, your ill you need to eat, you can get back on a diet once you've got yourself better.

Just stick at it hun, if you want to try red days there's loads you could have, I love roast butternut squash instead of potatoes

Had another great run, not sure how far we went though as my mums watch said just over 6 miles and my phone said 7 miles.... ahhh well, really looking forward to Sunday now :)

Sorry to hear we are all struggling its funny how sometimes we are all super motivated and other times we just can't get into the right mindset for it.

I am going to see how weigh in goes tomorrow and unless its some sort of miraculous result I will go back to simply filling. Really enjoyed my experiment on 5:2 but not been very in the mood to diet properly lately and 5:2 really doesn't help with that as its freedom 5 days out of 7 to eat what you fancy as long as you comply with the 2 500cals days.

I feel like I have learned some things from it - the next day I REALLY appreciate and enjoy all my food again, and its nice to learn to be able to realise when you are eating out of hunger or just boredom/emotions/because its food time.

Because I haven't been in the mood to diet properly though it kinda suited me well as meant I haven't really gained anything but haven't lost much either and just want to get back to target. I think if I had tried healthy eating the past few weeks I would have failed spectacularly but I feel ready to get back into it again although my eating the 2nd half of this week has been much better - much more real food and things like nuts rather than just crap and chocolate, so it kinda feels like I would be better at doing 5:2 now without going so crazy with food :-/

Glad you enjoyed your night off we all need one from time to time Kim.

Congrats to hubby Donna that's fab news.

Nikki as everyone says you still look lovely and slim all that weight is bump you will have it off again in no time. Stop being too hard on yourself and just enjoy food you can worry once bump has arrived :)

Feel better soon Charlene if you haven't been able to eat much a bit of naan won't do any harm.

Hope you are ok vic those things are scary!

Deb hope you manage to get back into the right frame of mind again soon as you do really well when you do but its just so hard when we aren't feeling ready to diet. X

Sorry to hear we are all struggling its funny how sometimes we are all super motivated and other times we just can't get into the right mindset for it.

I am going to see how weigh in goes tomorrow and unless its some sort of miraculous result I will go back to simply filling. Really enjoyed my experiment on 5:2 but not been very in the mood to diet properly lately and 5:2 really doesn't help with that as its freedom 5 days out of 7 to eat what you fancy as long as you comply with the 2 500cals days.

I feel like I have learned some things from it - the next day I REALLY appreciate and enjoy all my food again, and its nice to learn to be able to realise when you are eating out of hunger or just boredom/emotions/because its food time.

Because I haven't been in the mood to diet properly though it kinda suited me well as meant I haven't really gained anything but haven't lost much either and just want to get back to target. I think if I had tried healthy eating the past few weeks I would have failed spectacularly but I feel ready to get back into it again although my eating the 2nd half of this week has been much better - much more real food and things like nuts rather than just crap and chocolate, so it kinda feels like I would be better at doing 5:2 now without going so crazy with food :-/

Glad you enjoyed your night off we all need one from time to time Kim.

Congrats to hubby Donna that's fab news.

Nikki as everyone says you still look lovely and slim all that weight is bump you will have it off again in no time. Stop being too hard on yourself and just enjoy food you can worry once bump has arrived :)

Feel better soon Charlene if you haven't been able to eat much a bit of naan won't do any harm.

Hope you are ok vic those things are scary!

Deb hope you manage to get back into the right frame of mind again soon as you do really well when you do but its just so hard when we aren't feeling ready to diet. X

Thanks Laura. Gained 4lb but hey ho its done. Going to try sensible eating as opposes to telling myself i am following any plan if that makes sense? Aim to do shred today or tomorrow too. Going to remain calm about it for now and see where it takes me. Take pressure off but reign greediness in. Good luck to you too

Great news about job donna and good luck for weekend x

Thanks Laura. Gained 4lb but hey ho its done. Going to try sensible eating as opposes to telling myself i am following any plan if that makes sense? Aim to do shred today or tomorrow too. Going to remain calm about it for now and see where it takes me. Take pressure off but reign greediness in. Good luck to you too

Great news about job donna and good luck for weekend x

Oopsie! Its a a shame as you were doing so well. Maybe you need to do what I did & call target & see how you get on x

Oopsie! Its a a shame as you were doing so well. Maybe you need to do what I did & call target & see how you get on x

Yep same 4lb on and off since 2011. As i stand here trying on dresses i feel horrible. Few pounds def makes difference to how i feel. However i just tried a dress on..the first one that made me feel good for first time since little one was born and even though i weigh the same or thereabouts i am hideous in it. I must have been exercising at the time as i haven't been that much smaller weight wise. I think the shape of dress got ruined when i washed it but not enough to make me feel the way i do.
Psychologically i feel really big even though i am unsure 4lb makes that much difference visually?
The old love handles are rearing ugly head again. I had to get to this stage to make me do something about it so ever cloud.....lol

Yep same 4lb on and off since 2011. As i stand here trying on dresses i feel horrible. Few pounds def makes difference to how i feel. However i just tried a dress on..the first one that made me feel good for first time since little one was born and even though i weigh the same or thereabouts i am hideous in it. I must have been exercising at the time as i haven't been that much smaller weight wise. I think the shape of dress got ruined when i washed it but not enough to make me feel the way i do.
Psychologically i feel really big even though i am unsure 4lb makes that much difference visually?
The old love handles are rearing ugly head again. I had to get to this stage to make me do something about it so ever cloud.....lol

Sorry to hear your feeling so down about yourself Deb, hopefully it will give you a kick to get on some plan though.. like you say every cloud. You know you can do it as you've done it before, what exercise do you enjoy, maybe start with that if your struggling with a diet, then when your feeling better from the exercise you might feel in a better place to start back with slimming world or whatever you decide to do?

Neighbour has music on stupidly loud again, I don't understand why you'd want your music on in your house to sound like a club... especially knowing you have neighbours, we've complained before and so have others but it just gets you nowhere, she'll apologise and go on about how embarrassed she is but then next time always comes along :/

Sorry to hear your feeling so down about yourself Deb, hopefully it will give you a kick to get on some plan though.. like you say every cloud. You know you can do it as you've done it before, what exercise do you enjoy, maybe start with that if your struggling with a diet, then when your feeling better from the exercise you might feel in a better place to start back with slimming world or whatever you decide to do?

Neighbour has music on stupidly loud again, I don't understand why you'd want your music on in your house to sound like a club... especially knowing you have neighbours, we've complained before and so have others but it just gets you nowhere, she'll apologise and go on about how embarrassed she is but then next time always comes along :/

Awe thanks donna. Am not feeling too bad to be honest. Yes big but i have it in perspective...for a change.lol
Are you celebrating oh job offer?

Awe thanks donna. Am not feeling too bad to be honest. Yes big but i have it in perspective...for a change.lol
Are you celebrating oh job offer?

Sadly no, we're very busy this weekend anyway and also I really need to stick to plan.

He's had a beer though and made some bread. I think we'll probably go out and celebrate with family and friends over summer when he's out of the place he's at now. Much more need for celebration then and we can have a couple of celebrations too :)

actually we've just said we might go out for tea tomorrow to celebrate, would be nice. I should have pasta tomorrow, but could always have pasta for lunch and then whatever for tea

actually we've just said we might go out for tea tomorrow to celebrate, would be nice. I should have pasta tomorrow, but could always have pasta for lunch and then whatever for tea

Its hard to be on plan when celebrating is involved!!!

Right ladies after my stupid gain on monday and discussion with people at work u tried a 'fast' day yesterday. I tracked my calories and only had 540 including drinks. The thing I was shocked by was u wasnt even hungry! Aaaaaand im down 3lbs from yesterday! Which obviously is gonna happen cos I barely had any calories but I still ate quite a bit. It was just salad lol. Think I might give this 5:2 a go. There a guy at work doing it who lost 7lbs last week n his wife lost 10lbs. I really need to get this weight off quick as my wedding dress doesnt fit :-(

Enjoy your meal donna some things are more important than dieting and need a good celebratory meal.

Best of luck with 5:2 Vic I was surprised how easy fast days are too, out of 4 weeks so far only 2 have been difficult and I guess that's just that on any diet you get hungry days where you want to eat everything its just a bit unfortunate when they fall on a fast day lol!

I was planning on going back to simply filling from 5:2 but I missed the freedom of 5 days of normal eating so decided to stick with it as it was lovely to enjoy some wine and toblerone last night and for that to be "on plan" on a diet. Going to attempt to eat better on my weekday up days this week but enjoy the weekend and see how that goes as have been enjoying a bit too many treats on up days but apparently most people get better losses eating more on the up days as the bigger difference between calories from up to down days helps. X

That's pretty much what I have decided to try for the next 2 weeks. Still do 5:2 but focus on the up days to making more foods that would be free on simply filling anyway.

Not sure if eating healthier on it will actually help or hinder losses as I've heard that you actually need to eat enough on the up days for the fast days to work their magic and 2000cals (what to aim for on up days) is actually loads if you aren't using treats to bulk it up. I do like nuts and things though so doesn't always have to be chocolate lol.

Got a rare weekend off with OH so just don't want to be dieting - wine and yummy things! X

Back