Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Just back from town after a little potter. Bought myself a lovely little top from Monsoon with some birthday money I had left over. Now Hubby's cooking a SW friendly meal for us ......king prawn starter and the fillet steak for mains mmmmmm. Think I might have a little bit of the homemade Bakewell for puds :p
Also bought a king size airbed for our camping trip with a motor that blows it up for you....lazy mare that I am lol! Thought we would go for comfort, cos we have double airbed but if feels so small now and not much fun sleeping in it with a 6 foot bloke that weighs 5 stone more than me , so I end up being higher than him in the bed and rolling into him all night lol!

Enjoy your holiday Annie! Try not to worry, just have fun!

Kim 2 weeks til my holidays woohoo!

The caravan I don't actually know exactly where it is haha but it's only about 45min drive away from where we live. Just going there for a few days just be nice to be off work and go out walking etc.

Then we are going here for 2 nights http://www.wigwamholidays.com/Strathfillan_Wigwam_Village

When do you go off camping with your fancy new air bed? Oh and yes I have seen Roswell borrowed the box set off a friend a few years back, and recently started rewatching it on Netflix. It does get silly towards the end but is enjoyable show. I am excited for new episodes of breaking bad on Netflix soon think it starts season 6 on Monday :-D x

Last edited:
Enjoy your holiday Annie! Try not to worry, just have fun!

Kim 2 weeks til my holidays woohoo!

The caravan I don't actually know exactly where it is haha but it's only about 45min drive away from where we live. Just going there for a few days just be nice to be off work and go out walking etc.

Then we are going here for 2 nights http://www.wigwamholidays.com/Strathfillan_Wigwam_Village

When do you go off camping with your fancy new air bed? Oh and yes I have seen Roswell borrowed the box set off a friend a few years back, and recently started rewatching it on Netflix. It does get silly towards the end but is enjoyable show. I am excited for new episodes of breaking bad on Netflix soon think it starts season 6 on Monday :-D x

Haha, we go on holiday in 2 weeks as well! Sometimes you dont need to go far from home to have a great time. A few years ago we went camping 10 miles from home and it felt as if we were miles away cos you're in a different environment to what your used to!
Had a look at that website amd thought it being called wigwams, thought it was going to be a wigwam holiday, but how fab being wooden huts...very romantic and cosy!
Roswells been a bit silly all the way thru in my opinion but Im still enjoying it! Whats Breaking Bad about?

Kim its really started to freak me out how you can't quote Nikki, just because you seem to be able to quote everyone else :/ weird

Had a fantastic night with family, had them round for a curry all completely syn free..... except for the wine-which I drank a little more of then planned.... but not too much as I am doing that race tomorrow-I've been left with some but think I'll drink it either tomorrow or on Monday before we go

Ok so today has been so so.., had 5 vodkas with diet mixers, stayed away from the following: wine, cider, burgers, sausages, pasta (Lloyd grossman sauce!!) I've had a couple of chicken bites, a chicken and onion skewer (no oil) a tiny slice of cane (1/2 inch thick) low fat houmous and pitta. Very proud as I'm sure I could have ate and drank soooooo much more.

Also I wonder if Kim quoting me has something to do with my new iPhone? It's only been a problem since I got rid of my galaxy x

Very odd that I cant quote you Nikki.....has anyone else got an iphone? Android and Apple obviously not compatible! Sounds as yho you had a good night and very restrained haha! x

Ok so today has been so so.., had 5 vodkas with diet mixers, stayed away from the following: wine, cider, burgers, sausages, pasta (Lloyd grossman sauce!!) I've had a couple of chicken bites, a chicken and onion skewer (no oil) a tiny slice of cane (1/2 inch thick) low fat houmous and pitta. Very proud as I'm sure I could have ate and drank soooooo much more.

Well done, sounds like you did fab :)

Very odd that I cant quote you Nikki.....has anyone else got an iphone? Android and Apple obviously not compatible! Sounds as yho you had a good night and very restrained haha! x

I have android-but usually use the laptop anyway

How is everyone today anyway?

I did my 10 mile race with a 1 mile warm up and a bit added on the end, so all in all did 12.5 miles today-which is good going considering all idea's of taking the race steady went out of the window and I ran at race pace-deciding I had to beat my last 10 mile race time (which I did by a few seconds to a minute lol) not got exact time yet just know it was 1 hour 33 something whereas my last one was 1 hour 34 something. My mum didn't fare so well though :( she has hurt her ankle, she'd run about 3 miles and gone to have a wee she ended up in a ditch and coming back up she fell down on her ankle and had to limp a mile to the next marshal, I'm annoyed actually as none of the runners helped her, they just ran past didn't even ask if she was okay. Maybe I'm soft but even if I was after a good time if I saw someone who was obviously hurt I would stop and make sure they were okay and got seen to.

Anyway she's gone to bed for a bit and I'm waiting here at hers until 5 when little one will be dropped off. I am so in holiday mood-I have wine at home (only a little which I'll share with my boyfriend with tea) but I'm so tempted by the ameretto as well. Naughty I know (I need to go back to not being bothered about alcohol again lol)

Tomorrow I may not have time to come on and say help-but I might do (I've finished my book now, I was less then a quarter of the way through the second game of thrones book at the beginning of the week and I was determined to finish it before we left-only problem is now I want to read the third haha, I could take it with me but I like something more easy to read and not so heavy going when on holiday-and it will be nice to read something different as well. I can get onto the third when we get home) but we have a busy day tomorrow-we have to watch Van Helsin (we promised little one) we need to pop to Tesco for his magazine and something to make sandwiches with and we need to make sure everything is packed, haven't even started on carry on bags yet. Can't think what little one needs, he'll have his mag and a set of colouring things, a teddy... but my minds blank... any other idea's for a 5 year old to keep him busy at the airport and on the plane?

Have a fab time Donna!

Well done on the restraint Nikki.

Kim breaking bad is one of those shows that doesn't sound very good but is! Its basically about a chemistry teacher who finds out he has cancer so decides to start making crystal meth to make some money. But all sorts of fun and drama occurs! :) other recommendations on Netflix are sons of anarchy, californication, weeds, loads of good food documentaries too! If you ever stuck for a new show to watch on it let me know. Also all the Netflix originals have been fab can't remember have you watched orange is the new black? SO GOOD!

Just chilling watching the Hobbit as its been added to Netflix and I hadn't seen it yet. Nearly 3hours long though might not last to the end lol!! X

Hi everyone sorry not been posting but I'm really struggling to get back on track :-( I did wi on Friday and I was down to 10.6 but so don't feel any lower in fact I feel back to my highest :-(
Anyway have to get things back under control so I've decided to go to a class... When I first started sw I signed up on line for 3 months then did it myself but without minis I'm sure I wouldn't have got as far as I did, and right now I keep saying I'll be good tomorrow start tomorrow etc etc i think starting afresh will be good for me

My new wi day will be tues now I'm sure ill be heavier cause the class is at night and I usually wi first thing thinking going be 3-4lb heavier so probably looking at 10.10-12.....

Hope everyone is good and those going away have a lovely holiday :) xx

Today's has gone pretty good but I've had a cider and a couple of choccis. Hope I can have a little loss on Wednesday, just 1lb.... Would love 1.5lb but that would mean 11st 7lb at official night time wi x

ladies am on day two of a hangover!! will post my woes and catch up soon.
just wanted wish donna a fab holiday....no more sleeps wohoo
i got my little one a portable dvd player for the plane plus will use it as a chill out session during the hottest time of day. also his wee leap pad...may use that but colouring in and a new book for the plane..he will be excited yours and mine x

I'm so frustrtaed!

I haven't eaten badly yet this morning my scales said 11st 10lb!! Agghh!!

I really want to be down to 11st by the 9th September which is 5 more weigh ins but I have my nans party on 31st August which will probably shoot me back up!!

I'm so frustrtaed!

I haven't eaten badly yet this morning my scales said 11st 10lb!! Agghh!!

I really want to be down to 11st by the 9th September which is 5 more weigh ins but I have my nans party on 31st August which will probably shoot me back up!!

its probably all bloat from alcohol - well thats what i am telling myself. 2lb up i was today. Its not looking good for me. all the wine and beer plus party food doesnt bide well.
Keep at it Nikki - you will defo get there ;o)

guys when do we stop trying to lose weight? my work trousers fell off today and couldnt wear them, my jeans are the same yet the trousers arent that old. Had few comments that sway between "you look great" to "your looking dead skinny" - feel great to be honest and am stuck between watning to lose more but also not wanting to gain and go back to bad habits

after this weekend though i doubt i will be losing ;o(

its probably all bloat from alcohol - well thats what i am telling myself. 2lb up i was today. Its not looking good for me. all the wine and beer plus party food doesnt bide well.
Keep at it Nikki - you will defo get there ;o)

I think I'm probably being a little hard on myself. I said I wanted 2lb a week, I lost 5.5lb in 2 weeks so I only need 0.5lb off this week to be on target.

I have 36lb to lose to get to 9st and based on 2lb a week I would hit target the 18th December!!

We are going out for a meal tonight as today is actually OHs birthday and I want to enjoy myself!

guys when do we stop trying to lose weight? my work trousers fell off today and couldnt wear them, my jeans are the same yet the trousers arent that old. Had few comments that sway between "you look great" to "your looking dead skinny" - feel great to be honest and am stuck between watning to lose more but also not wanting to gain and go back to bad habits

after this weekend though i doubt i will be losing ;o(

That's a good question Deb, I find I am the same, clothes are loose, boobs are gone but yet the magic number isn't on the scales?
What's it all about....maybe we have it all figured out and we just need to give ourselves a break. I am 8st6 now, my lowest in years, even pre babies......so why am I still obsessed with losing. I should be happy now to maintain and I am but at the same time I LOVE to see the scales go down every week.
I suppose to maintain and to not gain we need a little obsession so we don't lose the run of ourselves!
It sounds like you are doing great and should be happy with yourself now.....NEED TO TAKE MY OWN ADVICE NOW?

I think I'm probably being a little hard on myself. I said I wanted 2lb a week, I lost 5.5lb in 2 weeks so I only need 0.5lb off this week to be on target.

I have 36lb to lose to get to 9st and based on 2lb a week I would hit target the 18th December!!

We are going out for a meal tonight as today is actually OHs birthday and I want to enjoy myself!

Nike, you are being very hard on yourself. I know you want to be 9st by 18th Dec but I found putting a date on it put me under so much unnecessary stress.
I had my baby 19mths ago, this time last year my friend was getting married, I had 9st in my head for her wedding. My baby was 9mths old. I was doing slimming world and exercising everyday. I was 9st 3 for the wedding and I was so disappointed. I didn't even buy a new dress.....I borrowed one from my sister, it was lovely but not what I had wanted. Now when I look back I realise I was putting myself under pressure to reach the 'magic number'.
You will get there xx

Nikki.....I think you need to set yourself a realistic goal, because life gets in the way and you will feel as tho you've let yourself down by not reaching them. 2lb a week may be achievable initially but your weight loss will naturally slow down, so why not set yourself smaller goals like half a stone at a time and see how you go.

Deb you've lost half a stone in as many weeks and along with your running maybe you've reached your fighting weight and need to maintain. But I can understand why you want to reach your magic number of 8stone before your hols and the way you're going you should. Enjoy the comments!

Debbie , Ithink you're right we do have to have a little bit of obsession/addiction with SW or otherwise we can go off the rails if we take our eye off the ball!

Back