Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Hi everyone sorry not been posting but I'm really struggling to get back on track :-( I did wi on Friday and I was down to 10.6 but so don't feel any lower in fact I feel back to my highest :-(
Anyway have to get things back under control so I've decided to go to a class... When I first started sw I signed up on line for 3 months then did it myself but without minis I'm sure I wouldn't have got as far as I did, and right now I keep saying I'll be good tomorrow start tomorrow etc etc i think starting afresh will be good for me

My new wi day will be tues now I'm sure ill be heavier cause the class is at night and I usually wi first thing thinking going be 3-4lb heavier so probably looking at 10.10-12.....

Hope everyone is good and those going away have a lovely holiday :) xx

Good for you Ronnie! At least you're nipping it in the bud early and you never know maybe you need that discipline of a class to help you x

Have a fab time Donna!

Well done on the restraint Nikki.

Kim breaking bad is one of those shows that doesn't sound very good but is! Its basically about a chemistry teacher who finds out he has cancer so decides to start making crystal meth to make some money. But all sorts of fun and drama occurs! :) other recommendations on Netflix are sons of anarchy, californication, weeds, loads of good food documentaries too! If you ever stuck for a new show to watch on it let me know. Also all the Netflix originals have been fab can't remember have you watched orange is the new black? SO GOOD!

Just chilling watching the Hobbit as its been added to Netflix and I hadn't seen it yet. Nearly 3hours long though might not last to the end lol!! X

I'm not really into comedy dramas, prefer crime, but will check them out when I've finished Roswell which is getting very silly now and Max and Liz are driving me nuts, but need to finish it!

thanks ladies - just wasnt sure what to do. I am surprised at the comments i have been getting to be totally honest and didnt think 9lb would show up but i reckong the running has maybe made a small difference to my shape that perhaps dieting along wouldnt have?
will not be expecting much loss if any this week and would be surprised if it wasnt a gain but need to monitor it as i started my pill yesterday so will be making sure it doesnt make me creep back up.
Isnt our bodies strange - last month i had 2 lb gain at start week, this month it was almost 2lb loss!! strange

Good for you Ronnie! At least you're nipping it in the bud early and you never know maybe you need that discipline of a class to help you x

Thanks Kim x
I'm getting into that obsessive mind set again constantly thinking about food and feeling really upset that I've gained nearly all that I'd lost last year when I feel I've been following sw for the whole year.

When I'm trying get my head around it all im not sure it is all that bad :
August '12 weighed 9.5 went on holiday to Ibiza
came back and weighed 9.11 maintained this up and down with the same couple of pounds till Xmas then had a gain then it was my birthday and I was up at 10.3 but have maintained this till my holiday this year and then gained again and hey presto back at the beginning :-(( Maybe it is bad !!

Deb I think you've done really well huni don't take any notice of what other people say I don't think we should justify why we want to lose weight, it's whatever you feel comfortable with.

Nikki you are doing great too, don't put so much pressure on yourself I'd also set smaller targets rather than focussing on the final one.
I'm taking my own advice here, and my first target is to go to the class tomorrow night :)) lol x

Kim and Laura have you watched damages on Netflix we're on series 3 x

Donna enjoy your hols !! Is it today you go ? xx

Ronnie, I think we need to hit a low to make us realise we need to do something about it. Its taken a year to put the weight back on again, but you're doing something about it and with the help of a class and us of course, you'll be back down to your ideal weight in no time. Its happened to me twice, where I got to target and put 2 stone on and had to start all over again. Both times were when I had to have a cervical discectomy, so was fairly inactive pre and post surgery, but that was just an excuse cos there was no reason apart from taking my eye off the ball! I definitely wont let it happen this time!
So, as you say take baby steps and once you get into the flow of SW, you'll get to love it again and want to succeed. Put your feelings of obsession you have about food into positive thoughts and not negative ones about food. All that energy can be so useful to beat it. Im sure if we were all honest we all have an obsession with it, but make it a positive obsession x
P.S have seen all the Damages when it was on tv.....loved it

Thanks everyone.

I know I have to be realistic but I have all these things happening this year and I just want to make sure I feel comfortable in my own skin. I must say I feel 100 times better having lost 7.5lb since 17th July and i know if I could get this 8.5lb off in the next 5 weeks I would be so happy. I was looking back through my SW book from 2010 when I lost the weight the first time and I was regularly losing between 1.5lb - 2.5lb so with my head being in the right place and me going to the gym and getting out walking with Millie I hope I can achieve similar results.

Life does get in the way and I knew this week would be hard with it being Rich's birthday and I know tonight will include wine and yummies. So im going to get on with it and try and get to WI one day. I cant go tomorrow because I have a consultant appointment at the hospital at 3pm which is the time the tuesday WI is. Wednesday OH might get home too late but if not then I will go. If I cant get to that one it is going to be Thursday or Friday!!

Been suffering today with acid reflux and have no idea why. I didnt eat anything out of the ordinary yesterday, in fact I had a really healthy day yesterday and today I have only had an english muffin with an egg so dont know where it has come from. Feel a bit sick to be honest.

Thanks everyone.

I know I have to be realistic but I have all these things happening this year and I just want to make sure I feel comfortable in my own skin. I must say I feel 100 times better having lost 7.5lb since 17th July and i know if I could get this 8.5lb off in the next 5 weeks I would be so happy. I was looking back through my SW book from 2010 when I lost the weight the first time and I was regularly losing between 1.5lb - 2.5lb so with my head being in the right place and me going to the gym and getting out walking with Millie I hope I can achieve similar results.

Life does get in the way and I knew this week would be hard with it being Rich's birthday and I know tonight will include wine and yummies. So im going to get on with it and try and get to WI one day. I cant go tomorrow because I have a consultant appointment at the hospital at 3pm which is the time the tuesday WI is. Wednesday OH might get home too late but if not then I will go. If I cant get to that one it is going to be Thursday or Friday!!

Been suffering today with acid reflux and have no idea why. I didnt eat anything out of the ordinary yesterday, in fact I had a really healthy day yesterday and today I have only had an english muffin with an egg so dont know where it has come from. Feel a bit sick to be honest.

Short term aim:
Get my 1/2 stone award (1.5lb to lose)
BMI under 25 (need to lose 3.5lb)

Much better attitude to have Nikki, or otherwise you set yourself up for a fall.
Try and drink some milk as that might help with the acid reflux ot try some Rennies

Thanks Kim I'm more disappointed cause I do follow sw the majority of the time but after big events like holidays Xmas birthday etc I do find it can take a while to get back on track and then The whole dislike cycle begins again just want to maintain my ideal weight so going to class might help once I've got to target as well as losing the weight .... Anyway moan over here's to a new start !!!

Thanks Kim I'm more disappointed cause I do follow sw the majority of the time but after big events like holidays Xmas birthday etc I do find it can take a while to get back on track and then The whole dislike cycle begins again just want to maintain my ideal weight so going to class might help once I've got to target as well as losing the weight .... Anyway moan over here's to a new start !!!

Thats the trouble Ronnie, the whole feeling of being disappointed in ourselves, but you've got to be in the right head space to lose and sounds as tho you are. It is hard to get back on track and thats half the battle, but you have to get back on it after whatever 'social' you have or otherwise its a spiral downwards again. You have to tell yourself one day out of 7 isnt going to wreck what you've done, but 2 or 3 days off in a week will. So enjoy the odd one day but get staraight back to it. Physically, I think weight loss is fairly easy, its the mental challenge that is the hardest and thats what we're all here for with the encouragement......so you go girl x

Omg my whole outfit tonight is a size 10!!! Wooohoooo!!! I just weighed again not believing this mornings weight, 11st 8lb.

I can not believe Millie is 12 weeks 2 days old!!!

Just back from town after a little potter. Bought myself a lovely little top from Monsoon with some birthday money I had left over. Now Hubby's cooking a SW friendly meal for us ......king prawn starter and the fillet steak for mains mmmmmm. Think I might have a little bit of the homemade Bakewell for puds :p
Also bought a king size airbed for our camping trip with a motor that blows it up for you....lazy mare that I am lol! Thought we would go for comfort, cos we have double airbed but if feels so small now and not much fun sleeping in it with a 6 foot bloke that weighs 5 stone more than me , so I end up being higher than him in the bed and rolling into him all night lol!

god forgot to wish you happy anniversary...how was dinner?

Just back from town after a little potter. Bought myself a lovely little top from Monsoon with some birthday money I had left over. Now Hubby's cooking a SW friendly meal for us ......king prawn starter and the fillet steak for mains mmmmmm. Think I might have a little bit of the homemade Bakewell for puds :p
Also bought a king size airbed for our camping trip with a motor that blows it up for you....lazy mare that I am lol! Thought we would go for comfort, cos we have double airbed but if feels so small now and not much fun sleeping in it with a 6 foot bloke that weighs 5 stone more than me , so I end up being higher than him in the bed and rolling into him all night lol!

so funny is the image of you sky high on the bed with a big giant next to you lol

Hi everyone sorry not been posting but I'm really struggling to get back on track :-( I did wi on Friday and I was down to 10.6 but so don't feel any lower in fact I feel back to my highest :-(
Anyway have to get things back under control so I've decided to go to a class... When I first started sw I signed up on line for 3 months then did it myself but without minis I'm sure I wouldn't have got as far as I did, and right now I keep saying I'll be good tomorrow start tomorrow etc etc i think starting afresh will be good for me

My new wi day will be tues now I'm sure ill be heavier cause the class is at night and I usually wi first thing thinking going be 3-4lb heavier so probably looking at 10.10-12.....

Hope everyone is good and those going away have a lovely holiday :) xx

hi ronnie good luck for wi and your new class. your doing the right thing as it will give you a new focus. plus you need to stop hitting yourself with a big stick. you have did great. let us know how class is x

Thats the trouble Ronnie, the whole feeling of being disappointed in ourselves, but you've got to be in the right head space to lose and sounds as tho you are. It is hard to get back on track and thats half the battle, but you have to get back on it after whatever 'social' you have or otherwise its a spiral downwards again. You have to tell yourself one day out of 7 isnt going to wreck what you've done, but 2 or 3 days off in a week will. So enjoy the odd one day but get staraight back to it. Physically, I think weight loss is fairly easy, its the mental challenge that is the hardest and thats what we're all here for with the encouragement......so you go girl x

completey agree!!

Omg my whole outfit tonight is a size 10!!! Wooohoooo!!! I just weighed again not believing this mornings weight, 11st 8lb.

Nikki it certainly does fly in. well done in the size ten...you should be v. pleased x

well ladies as mentioned i had two day hangover..what a mess..got back on plan yesterday then had more syns, not much but still.
still up few lbs on the scales and feel as you would imagine me to feel....disgusting!!
on a mission to refocus as i did ok yesterday up until the snack time. plus as i said yesterday, back on pill and want to monitor how it effects my weight without the added junk.

oh Kim i hear congratulations is in order? i sometimes read danni diary...excellent news x x

I went out last night, only had 2 glasses of wine. Must have had something dodgy because at 4am I was running to the toilet being sick. Not nice at all and this morning I have a sore throat and I'm craving pineapple.

You should be a consultant Kim always have the right advice and make me feel positive and up beat thanks Hun :)) hope the consultant tonight is as nice ... X

Size 10 that's amazing we'll done x

hi ronnie good luck for wi and your new class. your doing the right thing as it will give you a new focus. plus you need to stop hitting yourself with a big stick. you have did great. let us know how class is x

Thanks deb I'm really nervous !

well ladies as mentioned i had two day hangover..what a mess..got back on plan yesterday then had more syns, not much but still.
still up few lbs on the scales and feel as you would imagine me to feel....disgusting!!
on a mission to refocus as i did ok yesterday up until the snack time. plus as i said yesterday, back on pill and want to monitor how it effects my weight without the added junk.

oh Kim i hear congratulations is in order? i sometimes read danni diary...excellent news x x

You'll do it !!!
Ooh what's the news ??? (Being nosey lol ) !!! X

I went out last night, only had 2 glasses of wine. Must have had something dodgy because at 4am I was running to the toilet being sick. Not nice at all and this morning I have a sore throat and I'm craving pineapple.

Ahh no Nikki that's not good hope you feel better later take care xx

so funny is the image of you sky high on the bed with a big giant next to you lol
Thanks Deb, cant believe its been 12 years cos we still feel like newly weds lol!
Haha, but its true I would need an oxygen mask I was that high up lol! Am loving the new air bed, no more pumping it up cos it came with a little motor.

As I said in a post to Ronnie, half the battle is psychological and if you read what I wrote yesterday in my own diary, I really should listen to my own advice as well!
You are not disgusting.......can you tell me anyone who doesn't eat snacks/high carb/fatty/sugary foods with a hangover?! You rarely go out, dont have your wine at weekends very much anymore, so what is wrong in feeding a hangover that happens once in a blue moon.....its NORMAL! So stop beating yourself up about it, its done now, so back on plan and do some damage limitation. If you have asmall gain this week it doesn't really matter cos you need to look at the bigger picture on how well you've done. Focus on the holiday as you have a few more weeks and stick to plan til then.....lecture over lol!
Aaw, thanks for the congrats, cant believe we're going to be Grandparents.....aren't we too young? Really happy for Danni and G and cant wait to go out for a visit when the bubba comes. Just need to decide on names for us both cos neither of us want the traditional names cos we're too young lol!

You should be a consultant Kim always have the right advice and make me feel positive and up beat thanks Hun :)) hope the consultant tonight is as nice ... X

Size 10 that's amazing we'll done x

Thanks deb I'm really nervous !

You'll do it !!!
Ooh what's the news ??? (Being nosey lol ) !!! X

Ahh no Nikki that's not good hope you feel better later take care xx

Aaw thanks Ronnie. The advice I like to give is what I would like to hear myself. I would love to be a consultant but you have to be a member I believe, so I'll make do on here lol!
Will be thinking of you tonight and no freaking out about what the scales say. Its the first positive step and they can only go downwards. You know what you need to do, so you're at an advantage, but my only advice would be to plan and keep an honest daily diary. Let us know how you get on and we'll all look forward to the Xmas Challenge to get everyone to target x

Back