Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

I've managed 100% since Friday-get in :D

Although we're going to an open evening tomorrow for the venue which at the moment is top of our list for wedding breakfast and evening reception, which will include bubbly and possibly food.... but possibly not food, how many syns in a glass of bubbly?

We're meeting friends on Sat for lunch as well, not sure if that will be on or off plan but since my weeks start on a Friday now I can make up for that after if I need to :)

How did he propose then Nikki? Any talks of dates?

We have a meeting at the Church next weekend as well, I sort of just want a date booked now so we can start getting other things booked (particularly our transport as the nice things get booked up quickly) we weren't sure whether were bothered about a Church do or not, in fact Ash liked the idea of not getting married in a Church as ''everything is in the same place then'' but since we started looking into it I realised I really do want to get married in a Church, I don't think it would feel the same not doing so, I want the bells ect. and also my Nanna is very religious, the Church we're looking at is Church of England though not Catholic, but she's not that strict lol.

Morning hope you lovely ladies are all well
I've been reading but not posting sorry
Congrats Donna and Nikki wow 2 minis weddings how exciting !!!
Are you thinking this year Donna ? With going and looking at venues etc definitely a good reason to get to target x

Kim I thought I'd signed up for the challenge sorry must have thought yes but then not replied ha ha yes can I join please target is 9.7 still but might lower it when I get there but if you put that for now cause I will also see if I can maintain too which is the hardest thing to do. I just want to be a comfy size 12 which I'm not at the moment so 5-7lb off I should be there x

I've joined a new challenge on here too "walk 100 miles" thought I needed to get some exercise into the plan so me and my eldest are doing it together and hoping to complete it by 18th May when my girls are bridesmaids at my friends wedding and I would like to be in a lovely dress too looking toned and skinny ha ha
Done 5.5 miles so far !!

Quick question would it be a cop out if I put in a holiday at class tonight?? I only gained 1lb over Xmas week but feel like I've put on more since and hoping one more week I will pull it back... Don't want to go tonight and have gained more will be gutted, don't feel a gain is justified neither and Tom is looming so always gain a little then what do you all think ?

Will try to post more you do all keep me motivated might even restart my diary xx

Being thinking ( hard I know!!)

You`re supposed to have about 2ltrs of water a day.
Does tea and coffee get included or are they separate?
Hope their included as I`m a real tea-aholic!!

I've managed 100% since Friday-get in :D

Although we're going to an open evening tomorrow for the venue which at the moment is top of our list for wedding breakfast and evening reception, which will include bubbly and possibly food.... but possibly not food, how many syns in a glass of bubbly?

We're meeting friends on Sat for lunch as well, not sure if that will be on or off plan but since my weeks start on a Friday now I can make up for that after if I need to :)

How did he propose then Nikki? Any talks of dates?

We have a meeting at the Church next weekend as well, I sort of just want a date booked now so we can start getting other things booked (particularly our transport as the nice things get booked up quickly) we weren't sure whether were bothered about a Church do or not, in fact Ash liked the idea of not getting married in a Church as ''everything is in the same place then'' but since we started looking into it I realised I really do want to get married in a Church, I don't think it would feel the same not doing so, I want the bells ect. and also my Nanna is very religious, the Church we're looking at is Church of England though not Catholic, but she's not that strict lol.
Well done on being 100% Donna cos its always tough getting back to it!
We had the full works in a church and its so worth doing it.....think its every girls dream to do that. Mine was a military wedding with all the boys in their uniform, so pretty fabulous if I say so myself.......so go for it x

Morning hope you lovely ladies are all well
I've been reading but not posting sorry
Congrats Donna and Nikki wow 2 minis weddings how exciting !!!
Are you thinking this year Donna ? With going and looking at venues etc definitely a good reason to get to target x

Kim I thought I'd signed up for the challenge sorry must have thought yes but then not replied ha ha yes can I join please target is 9.7 still but might lower it when I get there but if you put that for now cause I will also see if I can maintain too which is the hardest thing to do. I just want to be a comfy size 12 which I'm not at the moment so 5-7lb off I should be there x

I've joined a new challenge on here too "walk 100 miles" thought I needed to get some exercise into the plan so me and my eldest are doing it together and hoping to complete it by 18th May when my girls are bridesmaids at my friends wedding and I would like to be in a lovely dress too looking toned and skinny ha ha
Done 5.5 miles so far !!

Quick question would it be a cop out if I put in a holiday at class tonight?? I only gained 1lb over Xmas week but feel like I've put on more since and hoping one more week I will pull it back... Don't want to go tonight and have gained more will be gutted, don't feel a gain is justified neither and Tom is looming so always gain a little then what do you all think ?

Will try to post more you do all keep me motivated might even restart my diary xx
GET TO CLASS!!!!!!! I know exactly how you're feeling, but the worse thing you can do is not go and get weighed......slippery slope! On a positive note, if you've put on just think if you are 100% this next week how much you will lose. If you dont go you wont really know how much you've lost.....if that makes sense lol!
Well done on joining a walking challenge....the wedding is a great incentive for a lovely toned bod! x

Being thinking ( hard I know!!)

You`re supposed to have about 2ltrs of water a day.
Does tea and coffee get included or are they separate?
Hope their included as I`m a real tea-aholic!!
Ive read quite a few articles about this Annette.....out of pure interest and think the school of thought at the moment is tea/coffee can be included as your '2 litres per day'! Even tho they both have a diuretic effect, the water in the tea/coffee is enough to counteract it.
However its still important to drink 'pure water' .....it helps with cleansing, detoxifying etc.
Why not try alternate tea/water.
Funny you should mention this cos I've started to include my fluid intake onto my diary......I include coffee cos each of my mugs is 400mls!!! x

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Last edited:
Morning lovely ladies.

Had such a great day yesterday but back on plan now :) I think!!! I have lots going on over the next 5 days but still want a loss come Monday. I can dream.....

Thinking of doing shepherds pie tonight for tea. I have a base mixture in the freezer already and I'm pretty sure it's slimming world friendly as I only made it about 3 weeks ago. So think I'll get some potatoes to top it with, even though what I really want is .....

Pate and bread, dauphinois potatoes and a chicken encroute with the bottle of champers that is chilling in the fridge and a choccy torte :-( but I have a dress to get in on Friday for my party. Humph!

So the proposal.....

I woke up at 6.30 as my sinuses were playing up and I actually thought my eyes were going to explode!! Rich woke at the same time as his alarm went off for work and went to get my tablets and water. He returned with my bday card. I opened it "to my girlfriend" and then he gave me a pandora bag ( I got a bracelet for Xmas and so thought it was a charm) I pulled out the box which was not a charm box or what you would think was a ring box. I opened it, saw the ring, burst into tears, rich started crying and then got down on one knee!! (Wearing his boxers lol) and said "will you" and then we hugged, cried some more then Millie woke up and we had a big family hug :-D then he gave me another card "to my fiancée" and then a congrats card off his mum and dad.

Went into town and got myself a bargain dress to wear last night and a charm for my bracelet, met with my best friend and my mum and nan and we went for a glass of wine and spot of lunch. Then went down for a meal at night to the pub and everyone came so that was nice :)

Morning lovely ladies. Had such a great day yesterday but back on plan now :) I think!!! I have lots going on over the next 5 days but still want a loss come Monday. I can dream..... Thinking of doing shepherds pie tonight for tea. I have a base mixture in the freezer already and I'm pretty sure it's slimming world friendly as I only made it about 3 weeks ago. So think I'll get some potatoes to top it with, even though what I really want is ..... Pate and bread, dauphinois potatoes and a chicken encroute with the bottle of champers that is chilling in the fridge and a choccy torte :-( but I have a dress to get in on Friday for my party. Humph! So the proposal..... I woke up at 6.30 as my sinuses were playing up and I actually thought my eyes were going to explode!! Rich woke at the same time as his alarm went off for work and went to get my tablets and water. He returned with my bday card. I opened it "to my girlfriend" and then he gave me a pandora bag ( I got a bracelet for Xmas and so thought it was a charm) I pulled out the box which was not a charm box or what you would think was a ring box. I opened it, saw the ring, burst into tears, rich started crying and then got down on one knee!! (Wearing his boxers lol) and said "will you" and then we hugged, cried some more then Millie woke up and we had a big family hug :-D then he gave me another card "to my fiancée" and then a congrats card off his mum and dad. Went into town and got myself a bargain dress to wear last night and a charm for my bracelet, met with my best friend and my mum and nan and we went for a glass of wine and spot of lunch. Then went down for a meal at night to the pub and everyone came so that was nice :)

So Romantic Nikki! Such an exciting time planning ye're wedding.
You too Donna.
I'm 10yrs married this March, I don't know where the years go! I'm like how did this happen......3 kids later!!

Yes Kim put me down for challenge please. I will weigh on fri again. Would like to put 8st 8 as goal......I suspect I am few lbs heavier since Xmas!!
Kids back to school so all back to normal now.

Oh Nikki that is so lovely, brought a wee tear to my eyes, what a romantic way to propose......did he intend to do it in his boxers....so funny! :D
I know you want to keep up with sw this week for your dress, but honestly these next couple of days wont make a difference to your dress......you just enjoy this week with your lovely fiancé and family ......b**** eating healthily lol!
Whats the dress like for your party? Lets have a sneak preview :p x

I'll add you to the challenge Debbie.....you did so well with the xmas one, I'm sure you'll do great on this one x

Oh Nikki that is so lovely, brought a wee tear to my eyes, what a romantic way to propose......did he intend to do it in his boxers....so funny! :D I know you want to keep up with sw this week for your dress, but honestly these next couple of days wont make a difference to your dress......you just enjoy this week with your lovely fiancé and family ......b**** eating healthily lol! Whats the dress like for your party? Lets have a sneak preview :p x I'll add you to the challenge Debbie.....you did so well with the xmas one, I'm sure you'll do great on this one x Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I honestly don't know if he planned it for 6.30 with a groggy girlfriend moaning that she feels super ill haha

I'll post a pic on Friday night of the dress hehe xx

Awwww Nikki that's so sweet bless him.

Mine had to have a bit of a doctor who theme.... lol

We're not wanting to get married this year, but hopefully 2015.... wouldn't mind if it were 2016 but want to get planning

Haha my on plan day lasted until now!!

Richs sister and boyfriend are coming over tonight champers and take away...... Going to do 2 "fast" days tomorrow and Thursday and then party hard Friday, "fast" day Saturday and normal day Sunday. By fast day I mean a 500 cal day like the 5:2 diet even just for a maintain on Monday and then that will be 2 more weigh ins until centre parcs and starting back to work!

Anyway best go doll myself up to look pretty and paint my nails :-D x

Ive read quite a few articles about this Annette.....out of pure interest and think the school of thought at the moment is tea/coffee can be included as your '2 litres per day'! Even tho they both have a diuretic effect, the water in the tea/coffee is enough to counteract it.
However its still important to drink 'pure water' .....it helps with cleansing, detoxifying etc.
Funny you should mention this cos I've started to include my fluid intake onto my diary......I include coffee cos each of my mugs is 400mls!!! x

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that !! As I use decef tea I suppose it`s less of a diuretic!! Hopefully.

Not feeling too good today, blinding headache.
Had an alcohol free day today. The first since before Christmas.
Am trying to limit my intake to just at weekends and even then not overdo it.
We`re visiting friends in Dorset next month and I want to boost my weight loss before then.
I`m 9st10lbs at the mo and if I can get to about 9st5lbs by then I`ll be happy.
Looks like I`ve set myself a mini challenge!!:)

Happy New Year ladies. Hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Mine was quiet but full of food and lots of drinks which means I piled on the pounds over the holidays. I weighed myself on Monday and I was 9st 7.4lbs....heavier then before the Christmas challenge. :mad: So I would love to join the new challenge. My target weight will be the same as before...8st and I will be joining a group tomorrow so will get my starting weight then. I am also starting back to training hopefully three nights a week. I will be doing the Great North Run this year so that will be my incentive to lose the pounds as carrying this extra weight doesn't help with my speed. I would like to be at target by Easter so I can feel more comfortable training and feeling easier increasing my miles again. Tonight I went running and only managed 3.37 miles at snail pace. Ran like a bag of spuds. Can't believe this time last year I was in full swing with marathon training. Anyway, this is the heaviest I have ever been in my life. Also plan to get out walking at lunch time too. Can I just apologise for all this running into one paragraph but I am on my PC tonight and I don't know if there is something up with my return button. Just wanted to say congratulations to Nikki and Donna.

Haha my on plan day lasted until now!!

Richs sister and boyfriend are coming over tonight champers and take away...... Going to do 2 "fast" days tomorrow and Thursday and then party hard Friday, "fast" day Saturday and normal day Sunday. By fast day I mean a 500 cal day like the 5:2 diet even just for a maintain on Monday and then that will be 2 more weigh ins until centre parcs and starting back to work!

Anyway best go doll myself up to look pretty and paint my nails :-D x

Enjoy and just stick to plan when you can :)

Thanks for that !! As I use decef tea I suppose it`s less of a diuretic!! Hopefully.

Not feeling too good today, blinding headache.
Had an alcohol free day today. The first since before Christmas.
Am trying to limit my intake to just at weekends and even then not overdo it.
We`re visiting friends in Dorset next month and I want to boost my weight loss before then.
I`m 9st10lbs at the mo and if I can get to about 9st5lbs by then I`ll be happy.
Looks like I`ve set myself a mini challenge!!:)[/QUOTE]

Personally I'd def count decaff as your fluid intake.
Good luck with your mini challenge

Happy New Year ladies. Hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Mine was quiet but full of food and lots of drinks which means I piled on the pounds over the holidays. I weighed myself on Monday and I was 9st 7.4lbs....heavier then before the Christmas challenge. :mad: So I would love to join the new challenge. My target weight will be the same as before...8st and I will be joining a group tomorrow so will get my starting weight then. I am also starting back to training hopefully three nights a week. I will be doing the Great North Run this year so that will be my incentive to lose the pounds as carrying this extra weight doesn't help with my speed. I would like to be at target by Easter so I can feel more comfortable training and feeling easier increasing my miles again. Tonight I went running and only managed 3.37 miles at snail pace. Ran like a bag of spuds. Can't believe this time last year I was in full swing with marathon training. Anyway, this is the heaviest I have ever been in my life. Also plan to get out walking at lunch time too. Can I just apologise for all this running into one paragraph but I am on my PC tonight and I don't know if there is something up with my return button. Just wanted to say congratulations to Nikki and Donna.

I'm sure you'll be fine with the great North run, once you get into full swing with training I'm sure the weight (or at least the fat) will fall off, when I was marathon training (even at the point where I was running halfs at the weekend and no more, my body changed loads.

Hi Sinead...happy new year. I know what it feels like when you've had some time off with running/cycling cos its a real beeatch to get back into. But before you know it you'll be flying round those streets again......if you have that underlying fitness it doesn't take long to come back and the weight will disappear as well.
Ive added you to the challenge x

Good morning!!!!

So the scales weren't so bad after 2 off plan days 10st 7lb, going for 2 on plan days to get back to 10st 6lb by Friday :)

Still feeling poorly from the stupid sinuses so having a sofa day with my babe. Just started watching Dexter on Netflix, Millie is snoozing and my lunch is cooking. Tea is in the slow cooker, we are having baked bean lasagne but with mushrooms, pepper and sausages so will later this up about 5pm.

I'm starving! Haven't eaten yet because we were tidying the house ready for estate agent to take pics of the house so only just sat down.

X

Have you never seen Dexter??!!! Great series you'll love it!
Dont worry about those stupido scales as you've had more important things to be concerned with! x

Have you never seen Dexter??!!! Great series you'll love it! Dont worry about those stupido scales as you've had more important things to be concerned with! x Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Nope never seen it! I tried to watch breaking bad and couldn't get on with it and then someone mentioned dexter so thought I'd give it a go.

So far so good! X

We love Dexter. Tyrion was almost called Dexter but we're saving it for if we ever have a baby boy... well that and Tyrion suited him more.

Don't worry about the scales Nikki, stupid things.

We've just finished dexter omg it's fab Nikki you will love it
Lol Donna our puppy is going to be called dexter :) xx

Didn't go to wi ... Sorry Kim but knew with * week due it wouldn't be good and would put me in a downer and I'm feeling so positive I didn't want the number to affect me if that makes sense. I'm 100% on plan today and have been since Sunday so hoping it will show this Tuesday. Can you put me as a no weigh for this week or even a sts pls Kim x

Haha - it's a good name ;)

Well.... we've decided on a venue, it is so ridiculously amazing, we can't book for just over a week as can't check dates with the vicar until next Sat :( but they think they should still have availability. I suppose that's kind of good though as we can look at some other venues (we have two wedding fayre's before the Church meeting at different venues) but despite one of those venues being the place I've said I wanted to get married at for years I just know this one is way out of both their leagues.

Oh and how good am I, while I was there I had two glasses of bubbly (small glasses) but fiancé and son had McDonalds on the way home and although I was tempted as I was chuffing starving, I waited and had chick-pea dhal and couscous

Back