Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Morning
Sorry Kim thought I'd said wi for last Tuesday I lost 1lb taking me back to 9.12 :)

Well had a lovely birthday weekend we stayed at a great hotel right in the middle of derby very new very cheap and very good. I also got a new coat (size 12) and a dress for the wedding in May, wasn't really looking for a dress we were just seeing what was about picked a few up tried them on and hubby loved it, it fits perfectly and was not too expensive. It's a lipsy dress and a size 12 too :) !!
Food wasn't on plan but wasn't too bad neither did have a few drinks no hangover though and fully back on plan today. Hoping for a sts at wi.

Annette I'm sure you'll get assistance on the trains try not to stress Hun it will be good for you to get away x

Nikki how was centre parcs ? Can't wait till we go on the 14th :)

Well done Kim you're doing fab huni !! great couple of weeks :)

Hope everyone is doing ok too and having good weekends xx

Sounds lovely Ronnie, its so lovely just getting away.
Whats the dress like?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sounds like you had a lovely birthday Ronnie! And wow on the lipsy dress, would love to see a picture! Centre parcs was lovely thanks, very very cold but we kept warm in the pool and the bars haha feel really sluggish after all the rubbish though and my belly aches!

image-831682746.jpg

Oooo Ronnie I love it!!!!

Love it.....what a pretty dress and you will look stunning in it. Are you not worried it might be too big in May? x

So cute ........haha, I've just looked at the picture again and its a good job it wasnt any higher cos that looks like a pair of mans legs!!! Did you WI on friday Debbie? Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yes Kim up 1:( not sure why because I'm not doing anything different!
Did have Chinese Thursday night with hubby so it might be just that.
I am getting annoyed at the moment.....I eat very well everyday, I exercise loads with different types of exercise and yet I cannot relax about the scales. Why am I so scared of gaining even a lb or 2??

Yes Kim up 1:( not sure why because I'm not doing anything different!
Did have Chinese Thursday night with hubby so it might be just that.
I am getting annoyed at the moment.....I eat very well everyday, I exercise loads with different types of exercise and yet I cannot relax about the scales. Why am I so scared of gaining even a lb or 2??

Chinese food can be a bit salty Debbie, which in turn will make you retain water, so you will see an increase on the scales......which isnt fat weight of course. My advice to you, would be to hide your scales away/hubby takes them and leaves them at his workplace and you only weigh 1 or 2 times per month. Im sure you know its not healthy to obsess over your weight if you're worried about gaining a pound or 2.....how much did you lose to reach your target weight?
People who dont have to worry about their weight will naturally bounce up and down by a few pounds, but people like us who have to watch our weight will naturally worry about every ounce! We've worked hard to get to target, so dont want to fall back into unhealthy eating patterns, so can then obsess!
I think you need to get rid of the scales and then see how you get on. Do you weigh yourself everyday?
Ive just worked out your BMI......5'4" @ 8st 12lbs = BMI 21.3......smack bang in the middle of a healthy BMI! So please try not to worry so much x

Last edited:
Thanks for quick reply Kim!
Yes I do hop on scales every morning, out of habit more than anything else. I know you are right when you say I should only weight 1 or 2 month but I just have no faith in myself to maintain unless I keep an eye on the scales everyday. I think I'm just obsessed. I did get rid of my scales when we moved here 4yrs ago for 6mths and I felt great. I was running everyday and eating ok but then I got on scales thinking id be 8 something and I was 9.5st!!!
I was shocked. I was initially 11st about 11yrs ago and lost 2st for my wedding and have kept it off except for 3 pregnancies so u'd think I'd feel confident about maintaining but I don't :(

Thanks for quick reply Kim! Yes I do hop on scales every morning, out of habit more than anything else. I know you are right when you say I should only weight 1 or 2 month but I just have no faith in myself to maintain unless I keep an eye on the scales everyday. I think I'm just obsessed. I did get rid of my scales when we moved here 4yrs ago for 6mths and I felt great. I was running everyday and eating ok but then I got on scales thinking id be 8 something and I was 9.5st!!! I was shocked. I was initially 11st about 11yrs ago and lost 2st for my wedding and have kept it off except for 3 pregnancies so u'd think I'd feel confident about maintaining but I don't :(

Deb, I'm exactly the same as you!!!

I think a mini challenge is in order. Let's make a deal not to step on the scales until this coming Friday? Let's just see if we can do 4 days, we can weigh on day 5! It's not such a long time but may help us to break the habit. What do you think?

Deb, I'm exactly the same as you!!! I think a mini challenge is in order. Let's make a deal not to step on the scales until this coming Friday? Let's just see if we can do 4 days, we can weigh on day 5! It's not such a long time but may help us to break the habit. What do you think?

Your on Nikki!!
I'll have to get hubby to hide the scales because I cannot use bathroom in the morning without standing on them!
What damage could I do in 4 days!!!

. Your on Nikki!! I'll have to get hubby to hide the scales because I cannot use bathroom in the morning without standing on them! What damage could I do in 4 days!!!

Let's do it!! Yay. Rich won't hide the scales so I'll have to take the battery out and put it in my car until Friday! X

Good girlies! Now you have to be honest and no cheating......report in every day that you haven't weighed

Thanks for quick reply Kim!
Yes I do hop on scales every morning, out of habit more than anything else. I know you are right when you say I should only weight 1 or 2 month but I just have no faith in myself to maintain unless I keep an eye on the scales everyday. I think I'm just obsessed. I did get rid of my scales when we moved here 4yrs ago for 6mths and I felt great. I was running everyday and eating ok but then I got on scales thinking id be 8 something and I was 9.5st!!!
I was shocked. I was initially 11st about 11yrs ago and lost 2st for my wedding and have kept it off except for 3 pregnancies so u'd think I'd feel confident about maintaining but I don't :(
But if you stick to the same exercise and food regime why would you think you would put on weight in just a week?!
Unfortunately, its more of a mental attitude with the scales than a physical one, so its a habit you need to break and then maybe you would start to feel a bit better about things.
You should be very proud of what you have achieved Debbie and dont be so negative about it.....so what if you put on a few pounds, its the body's natural fluctuation, stop being so hard on yourself.....here endeth the lesson lol! :)

image-4017492656.jpg
My scales battery!!

I know you are right Kim, if someone else looked for advice from me with the same problem I'd say exactly the same!!!

Weekend wasn`t too bad foodwise.
Feeling much better but still using a stick to
get about. not wearing slippers til I`m
completely better. My shoes are much safer underfoot.

Hubs and I have made some decisions regarding our
travel arrangements for Wednesday.
Later booking I`ll be booking a taxi from home
to the station. Even tho there`s a bus that could get us there.
Neither of us really fancy wheeling a suitcase to the bus stop!!

I`ve got the phone number for National Rail amd I`ve read their
website regarding disability assistance. It`s looking really good.
We tell them where we`re starting from and our destination.
Even tho we need to cross London that`s not a problem.
All stations on our route will be informed of when to expect us and
what our needs are. They`ll even make sure we get an onward
taxi without difficulty. So it`s all systems go!!

Kim, can you put me down as no WI for this week and next please.
I`ve been confined to barracks this week and next week I`ll be off plan!!

Good luck to the scale hoppers ;o) i am sure you will be fine and its good to break the habit. I only weigh once these days but i am sure we have all been victim to the scales before.

Ronnie fab dress ;o)

Donna - how exciting - i assume you are able to relax a bit now and get organising?

Annette - sounds like National Rail are happy to help so make sure you let them x

I am going to try really hard this week to eat normally. No family bag size of crisps and no chocolate. Trying to eat a sensible 3 meals a day type diet as i ease myself in. My aim is to get more focused on my running. A lovely man i work with his did me a training plan. Consists of 3 days of running which will increase every 2nd week plus my workout dvd twice per week. Eeeek think he has high expectations haha. Its funny though because i feel that because he has given me my challenge as such i am more determined to keep at it if that makes sense?

also had 2 viewers to see the house - fingers crossed for me. ex OH has been a tw*t this weekend but i shall not let him get to me

Kim how are you? have been thinking about you a lot lately x x

11 weeks to go......

SAY NO TO CHOCCIE EGGS FOR SLIMMER LEGS EASTER CHALLENGE
6th Jan ~ 21st April

Annette ( Monday)~ Goal weight 8st 12lbs
Wk 1: 9st 10lbs ~ Wk 2: 9st 9lbs ~ Wk 3: 9st 7lbs ~ Wk 4: No WI ~ Wk 5: No WI ~ Wk 6: No WI

Ronnie (Tuesday) ~ Goal weight 9st 7lbs
Wk 1: No WI ~ Wk 2: 9st 12lbs ~ Wk 3: 9st 13lbs ~ Wk 4: 9st 12lbs ~ Wk 5: 9st 12.5lbs

Sinead (Wednesday) ~ Goal weight 8 stone 10lbs
Wk 1: 9st 11lbs ~ Wk 2: 9st 9lbs ~ Wk 3: 9st 6lbs ~ Wk 4: 9st 6lbs ~ Wk 5:

Vicky (Thursday) ~ Goal weight 10st 5lbs
Wk 1: 11st 4.5lbs ~ Wk 2: 11st 4.5lbs ~ Wk 3: 11st 3.5lbs ~ Wk 4: No WI ~ Wk 5:

Kim (Friday)~ Goal weight 9st 5lbs
Wk 1: 10st 1lbs ~ Wk 2: 10st 0.5lbs ~ Wk 3: 9st 12lbs ~ Wk 4: 9st 10lbs ~ Wk 5: 9st 11lbs

Deb (Friday) ~ Goal weight 7st 11lbs
Wk 1: 8st 3.75 ~ Wk 2: 8st 4.5lbs ~ Wk 3: 8st 4.5lbs~ Wk 4: 8st 4.5lbs ~ Wk 5: 8st 6lbs

Donna (Friday) ~ Goal weight 9st 7lbs
Wk 1: 10st 2.5lbs ~ Wk 2: 10st 2.5lbs ~ Wk 3: 10st 1lbs ~ Wk 4: 10st 2.5lbs ~ Wk 5: 10st 4lbs

Debbie (Friday) ~ Goal weight 8st 8lbs
Wk 1: 8st 10lbs ~ Wk 2: 8st 9lbs ~ Wk 3: 8st 11lbs ~ Wk 4: 8st 12lbs ~ Wk 5: 8st 12lbs

Nikki ( Friday) ~ Goal weight 9st 7lbs
Wk 1: 10st 5.25lbs ~ Wk 2: 10st 5lbs ~ Wk 3: 10st 5lbs ~ Wk 4: 10st 5lbs ~ Wk 5: 10st 5lbs

Last edited:
Glad you've sorted all your transfers out Annette, thats the pressure lifted a bit for your travels.

So when us the big day booked for Donna?

Good luck with the no weighing til Friday Nikki and Debbie!

Sounds like a good plan Deb, so good on your mate from work doing you a training program. So your other challenge this week will be no crisps! Great news on the viewings, fingers crossed. What type of house are you selling? Will you go into rented once sold?
Aaaw thats really sweet, why on earth are you thinking of me when you have enough of your own crap to worry about?!
Im ok, just plodding on! But have started watching Greys from series 1 again.....hubby wanted to see what it was like! He wasnt very keen after the pilot episode, so I encouraged another episode and wham he was hooked!!! So we've been snuggled up in front of the open fire watching Greys.....bliss!

Last edited:
First day back at work and what a rush this morning was! I didn't even think about the scales as I barely had time to wee and brush my teeth!!

Back