anyone intereseted in a walking challenge?

Monday = 8260 steps
Tuesday = 13250 steps
wednesday = 4853
thursday = 11798
Friday = 9683
Saturday = 7688
Sunday = 9873

total =65400
this week im going to try to get to 70ooo steps

Ooh dear. Didn't make it to 10,000 today - even with a 40 min run. Total 8395. I did cycle my kids to and from school today rather than walk - it's still exercise and better than the car, but doesn't count in steps...

thanks for your encouragement, guys! that's what it's all about. we're not competing with each other, just here to jog each other along :)

week 2:

monday: 13,007 steps

these lunch time strolls are really helping! if my total isn't very high by the time i've had my dinner i go for a walk after tea to walk it off. noticed that it makes me feel much more full if i go straight after, as it must be giving my food time to settle, whereas normally i'd reach for something pudding-y.

woo! well done everyone, any increase in activity is a good thing!

Better day today, 12428, plus a circuits class (no pockets, thought about putting my pedometer down my bra but thought that might be a bit obsessive...)

tuesday: 16,882 steps :) - not even a gym day!! i went for a stroll at lunch, then my mum popped round and we went for a bit of a powerwalk.

am determined to exercise every day this week. going to sort out this ridiculous pattern of staying the same all the time.

Today was going to be a rest day for me, but the dog still hasn't been walked and I had to do a 4 mile cycle this morning (kids school run, twice, pink bunny forgotten and they're having a bunny day at school, for some reason...), so I'm pleased :)

Good luck today, everyone.

how bizarre! i had a rubbish day yesterday as well. maybe it's a mid-week funk. i got to the gym and was so tired that i had to go straight home! i ended up falling asleep on the sofa at half past 8, and had to go to bed early. think it's all this extra walking that's making me knackerd, can only be a good thing i suppose. think i just needed a night off.

tuesday: 16,882 steps
wednesday: 7,171 steps

Well, I did about 2 hours walking (round a public garden, long time on feet, but v. slow pace), and a 30 min run on treadmill, so should have been a good figure today, BUT forgot my pedometer - doh!

tuesday: 16,882 steps
wednesday: 7,171 steps
thursday: 16,613 steps. back on track now, had my night off and feel much better for it. went for a long stoll on my lunch and then a walk/run with my mum last night.

Monday = 10065!
Tuesday = 13750
Wednesday =6896 :(
Thursday = 7082, will have to try and fix this tomorrow
friday = 7930 Bloomin heck not good as last week at all.
going for a run 2moro try and up my weekly total!

Monday = 10065!
Tuesday = 13750
Wednesday =6896 :(
Thursday = 7082,
friday = 7930
Saturday = 8961 i forgot to put it on at the start of the day, so im guessing i did alot More then this as i had been to tescos and walked to the corner shop!

Back