Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

Quins said:
Cheekylau, maintaining is a challenge. I have struggled for a few weeks to keep within my range . I knew I was gong off Plan, too many beers, too many meals out, too many chocolates......birthday celebrations, anniversary celebrations, work liaison, socials..... I posted my concerns in my diary, fessed up to my gain, said I wasn't going to bother weighing and a good minimin buddy advised me to get a grip, weigh in( I do it at home) and get back on plan and keep the faith. His is the exact advice I gave others when they were struggling, I just couldn't see it for myself. Got back on plan and within a week I had got rid if over 5lb, back with 3 lb of target and this week another pound off. It was all down to being mindful of what I was dong and asking myself what I wanted to achieve, what was more important to me now? Sure, I ended te Chinese buffet, the beers etc. but I have since me some choic at I are masking me feel tops and quite proud of myself. Had anther worl liaison last week, I chose gin and slim line, no beer. Then has a couple of red days more than usual, but did have a doughnut in he week( my choice) did have mini Jamaican patties, still lost a pound over the week. Had to go to McDonalds with. Rugby coed today, I chose chicken salad, it was tough bu I really did enjoy it, of corse I nicked a coupl of chips!

You can turn it round quite quickly if you decide to lose it, you said you preferred losing so i reckon you will kick it. Then when you are back at target range be mindful of what you are eating, you make the choices through your decisions and choices. You are not alone in going off the rails and gaining, that's why we are all here on sw! It's the way we are, dont bash yourself up.

Hope it's of some help. Im sure you will be supported on here and especially at your club. All the best.

Thanks so much for that some great advice and reassurance there. I am going to bite the bullet and go on Monday then at least I know the damage and I have a week then to really try and get rid of it again. Will update on Monday then I'm relying on this site to give me a kick up the arse to succeed.

How long can a target member stay away from group without having to re-join all over again? I haven't been on scales for the last 4 weeks. Haven't been 100% on plan either. But my choices have been fairly healthy. I needed a break as I was on the brink of getting into eating disorder habits. I felt I had to perform at every group meeting. Felt so much under pressure. The last 4 weeks have been so uplifting!

Cheekylau, sorry about the poor spelling, glad you got the gist of it, spell check didnt do it's job on my iPad. I had naked beans and mushy Prada the other day ( baked beans and mushy peas!)

Quins said:
Cheekylau, sorry about the poor spelling, glad you got the gist of it, spell check didnt do it's job on my iPad. I had naked beans and mushy Prada the other day ( baked beans and mushy peas!)

and you had a gun!! (gin) :)
I prefer to eat my beans fully clothed!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well wi over and done with and I got off very lightly only gained 1lb so still in target range but now going for a 100% week and hopefully get to lower end of target again.

Super chuffed with only a tiny half a pound gain, after missing three WI's!

And still in target range!

EUrgh I gained 2....needed 1 to get back in target but didnt want that other one as I have a TONNE of fudge to consume this week (damn you food market!!!) and then next week am off back to my parents for a week, have a wedding, two birthday meals, a takewaway, a dinner out and various drinking sessions to look forward to so I was hoping to gain just what I needed to avoid paying as I'm going to need every spare pound when I sheepishly return to the scales in a fortnights time. NOT looking forward to it!!! Just hope I can make myself not think about it and actually enjoy myself. THis is like my holiday I guess so need to make the most of it!

I'm just not losing!! I exercised and stuck to the syns. I only had 1 bad day which wasn't horrendous. Please can someone help!!

Hi jarvo, after a year of not losing I have done week of intermittent fasting, lost 2.4 lbs in a week :)
Look at the judd part of this website or watch the horizon prog if you are interested!

I am so pleased to share with you my Diamond Award......never thought I would get to target, let alone reach a year!....

003.jpg004.jpg

TARGET MEMBERS, PLEASE HELP!!! LOL Hi everyone, I'm after a wee bit of advice, I'll have been at target for 6 months this coming weekend, but I've started running in the past few months, and in the past few weeks I've been running up to 30km a week as I'm in training for several race events in the next few months. I've noticed in the last week or so that I'm starting to lose weight again, so what should I do? I'm not overly keen on upping my syns, so is the alternative to maybe have an extra HEx? If so, which, A or B?

Hi Jen!!! Not sure I'm right person to give advice as I yo-yo like a madwoman haha, but I think I would start adding more B's and see what happens. When I kept losing my C told me to try 2/3 Bs a day, and I struggled to fit them in to be honest, but when I did I gained quite a lot. But if you're doing lots of running it might just balance out!

Wow well done Ginlin!! Is that for being at target for a year? I never knew there was a reward...its my years anniversary next week!!

Hurrah I'm a diamond member!! Somewhat tainted however by the fact I lost a whopping 4pounds so 2pounds out of target AGAIN!!! No idea where it came from, I know I didnt have a load of syns but still....thats the same amount I lost in my very first week! So conscious effort to up the Bs this week and relax the syns. My only worry is I've learnt my body is on a week delay, so stuffing my face this week may not be enough to gain the weight in time for weigh in on monday but should take affect the week after. So I might have to suck it up and pay, but at least that will give me a kick up the bum to relax and eat more Bs!!

Seems very quiet on here. Just got weighed in after 5 weeks in Spain and a surprise weekend in Brussels. I am way over target. Nearly a stone. I'll keep you posted on how I get on in getting it shifted.

Back