Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

Didn't maintain very well for my first week gained 1.5lbs which places me 0.5lbs over target but still in target range so not too bad I suppose. Can't believe how much pressure still feel about it all though. Am hopefully going to focus this week and do a better job of maintaining! Would like to actually lose but would also like to get drunk Friday night so not holding my breath! ;) xxx

Emsie think a lot of us put on first week of maintaining but then it disappears :confused: so don't panic!

Haven't heard of the target member award thing at my group either :drunk:

Didn't make it to group this week but have had couple meals out and feeling a little bloated. Am going to have a few looks at the 'fish weight -look what i have lost' thread this week as find looking at the 39lb fish great motivation lol
:)

Hiya

I totally agree with you that SW is not aimed at maintainers and that's kinda sad after all the hard work we put in to get there. Not sure what others do but I rarely even stay to group now because I don't feel part of it anymore. I've dropped below target a few times and the lady on the scales always gives me the strangest look when I am totally ok with a small gain to put me back into the free-of-charge range again!

This leads me on to my main problem... I set my target a looooong time ago and didn't get much guidance from the consultant. I've been really overweight all of my life so it was a complete guess based on roughly the weight I should be for my height. My weight has actually settled at a couple of pounds less than my target 'range', but to reset my target it has to be half a stone or more. I think that is really irresponsible of SW and just a way of money grabbing. My advice to anyone thinking targets is to set interim ones but don't sent a recorded target until your weight stabilises! It costs a blooming fortune to make a mistake!

Well done to all of you maintainers :)

Debs Xx

Hiya

I totally agree with you that SW is not aimed at maintainers and that's kinda sad after all the hard work we put in to get there. Not sure what others do but I rarely even stay to group now because I don't feel part of it anymore. I've dropped below target a few times and the lady on the scales always gives me the strangest look when I am totally ok with a small gain to put me back into the free-of-charge range again!

This leads me on to my main problem... I set my target a looooong time ago and didn't get much guidance from the consultant. I've been really overweight all of my life so it was a complete guess based on roughly the weight I should be for my height. My weight has actually settled at a couple of pounds less than my target 'range', but to reset my target it has to be half a stone or more. I think that is really irresponsible of SW and just a way of money grabbing. My advice to anyone thinking targets is to set interim ones but don't sent a recorded target until your weight stabilises! It costs a blooming fortune to make a mistake!

Debs Xx

Mine did that, I set mine at 9 stone 7, but kept losing, when I dropped to 9 stone 3.5 (ie outside of the +/-3lbs range) I had a word with my consultant and she allowed me to reset target at 9 stone 3.5.

I'm lucky in that I do get on well with my consultant and I volunteer and take the money, so maybe she's happier that I carry on coming rather than being put off by having to set a harder target. Obviously the consultants lose out financially by having members that dont pay, I guess the point for them is that you are a good advertisement for those that are starting out and wondering if it could ever work!

It is harsh that the official line is that you can only reset your target by 7lbs at a time - but its always worth a few words with your consultant to see if they are willing to be flexible.

I've seen a few people now saying that they dont feel they get much support for maintaining - has anyone ever tried speaking directly to their consultant and telling them? They might not have realised - after all, we have shown that we really understand the plan well as we have all acheived our targets - maybe they dont realise we still need support and advice?

Hiya

Debs Xx

Thats the "official" line. But its not actually the case. I know this, because I reset mine twice after calling target, and the second time I dropped it only by 3lb. If your BMI is in "normal" range, your C has the ability by discretion to set your target at less than 7lb lower.

It is said because they dont want people coming to group, losing a bit, then calling target and just shifting their target down a bit every time they lose a bit more.

Although in theory, you can reset your target by 7, having not yet lost 7, and still be in target range and therefore not have to pay.

For example, you are at the bottom end of your current target range, and you go out of range by 1lb. So you are 4 "under" target. If you reset your existing target by 7lb, you are now at "top" of your new target range and thus still "in" target and it doesnt cost you to weigh.

It is at the consultants discretion however, if they think you are taking the mick and just want a free ride they wont be so inclined to allow it, but if you have been a long standing member, and have lost reasonably well, then they are more likely to accomodate you.

Went to WI this morning and have actually managed to maintain this week - which is brilliant because I am at the bottom end of target and really didn't want to lose any more. Even at bottom end I feel a bit underweight but I just find it so difficult to put the weight back on because I've become used to eating the SW way - which I suppose is the idea of the plan!

I'm on holiday next week so I'm not going to be completely on plan but at least I've got 6lb to play with!!!!

Denise

Well done Denise! Have a great holiday!

Thanks for your replies folks. I must admit it was a few months ago now I spoke to the consultant about re-setting my target and she told me about the 7lb thing. She implied that because we are all computerised now it was not down to her. She also said that I had to get to target before the range came into force which was why I have been stressing about it. She only mentioned three weeks ago that I should be having an extra HexB! I had no idea!

Having said all this, a new Consultant started last week so I will have a chat to her next week and see what she says. I will also mention the lack of support to her (in a gentle way) to see what can be changed.

Thanks again

Debs ;)

I have just been following plan and ending up wavering lb up lb down.... I am slightly upset that I can't just "blow out" buut it would lead to craaazy gain. :(. Dunno what to suggest Emsie- just keep writing it down...

I am staying within target, top end though and can't seem to drop below 8.9.5 (top is 8.11) and I just keep bouncing despite sticking to plan... 100% EE, with no extra Bs. *shrug* My body just loves this weight, lol.

Remember, if it's naughty and syn-ful then it's food diary bound! :) Gotta keep an eye on it.. or at least I do! :)

Hey guys! I hit target on Friday and have just lost the plot!! I've eaten tons for 3 days! I can see it all over my tummy!! What an idiot!! Seems maintaining is going to be more of a struggle, I can't just eat a little bit more, I have no self control!! :-(

Hey

Congratulations on hitting target :)

sorry but it is a constant battle. I am still trying to lose the 6lbs I gained during my holiday binge session...and I have been back since the 14th May eek it's so easy to put on but so hard to lose.

At least it's taught me a lesson... not to think I am invincible regarding gaining and think hard before binging because half the time I wasn't hungry just ate for the sake of it.

Xxx

Laura_carlburgess said:
Hey

Congratulations on hitting target :)

sorry but it is a constant battle. I am still trying to lose the 6lbs I gained during my holiday binge session...and I have been back since the 14th May eek it's so easy to put on but so hard to lose.

At least it's taught me a lesson... not to think I am invincible regarding gaining and think hard before binging because half the time I wasn't hungry just ate for the sake of it.

Xxx

I was the same last July, put 5.5 on on holiday & took mths to lose it again!! Never easy is it.

Oh no - off on holiday on Friday!!! Will try my best but I want to enjoy myself and not be too restrictive!! Have to be good though!! Will be devastated if I get too far away from target and struggle to get back!! Thanks for your stories girlies!! Hopefully will help keep me in check!! Xxx

Hi everyone, I reached target tonight. So pleased, but petrified of gaining it all back :cry:

Can I join you?
x

Kieragh1515 said:
I was the same last July, put 5.5 on on holiday & took mths to lose it again!! Never easy is it.

Nope but u live and learn don't u :) I go on holiday again in 10.5 weeks so will certainly not be doing the same thing again haha x

Of course welcome :) and congratulations on reaching target.

Xx

Thank you, it feels a bit odd waking up this morning knowing I don't have to lose any more weight, just try to STS. Did everybody add an extra HEB on their first week maintaining, or did you all just see how things went? I'm a bit unsure as to what to do, I know it will be trial and error in the beginning....

I added an extra b then gained the entire 3lbs! But I am now just doing EE exactly as I would if losing and my body just wavers about at target...

I added an extra HeB and kept losing so added another! now I generally stick for plan in the week and for breakfast and lunch at the weekend, then have whaterver I fancy for dinner, don't generally snack much so seems to be working for me.

Back