Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

If your in target on your second weigh in (3 weeks) and came in on target then no you would not have to pay
If you weigh in out of target, I think you would need to pay - possibly for that session
That's my take, but someone might know different, so I hope they post

I sometimes think its easier to lose weight than it is to maintain. not that it is easy by any means to lose weight but what i mean is you got a goal a motivation and determination to get to goal. Once at target it hits you just how difficult it is to maintain and the constant choices you are having to make to maintain or you risk being back where we started! Its not easy ladies but nothing in life is easy lol 

I'm not a slimming world person, but I've recently reached goal by calorie counting and I'd really like to join in this thread. We don't have a maintaining section over in calorie counting (in fact I think there's only two of us) so please don't shout at me if I comment here using non-SW language lol!

I was lb under bottom end of target last week, if I leave it for 2 weeks and then go back and am still below target I will have to pay for the missed week plus the following one, iyswim. This happened to me before earlier in the year. I'm still struggling with keeping within the +/- 3lb of target, usually dropping out the bottom end. I don't really want to drop my target any further because I'd be right at the bottom end of what is allowed for my height and to be honest I think I would look too thin. If my consultant would let me drop my target by 3lb I'd do that but she insists it must be by 7lb.

Denise

Hi Denise
Oooh sounds like your body is happy being just below target range - stick some rocks in your pocket when u weigh in
Have you considered dropping your target then balancing out at the top end
When I got to target I kept losing, so dropped it, and now seem to be able to stay within the range
Alternatively need to boost hexb intake, it's all a matter of finding the balance
Good luck, it appears that maintaining can be more problematic than losing :)

Hi Kron - I already WI with "baggage", ie shoes, jumper, purse in hand, keys in pocket, heavy jewellery!!!

I've already upped by HE As and Bs, now having 2 As and 4 or 5 Bs (doing EE) and to be quite honest I can't always face that amount of food! My C has said I should try to have at least one of my Bs as cheese and I often use another for olive oil. Another thing I do is to make the HEX B flapjack, which is a nice way of having another B choice.

Denise

Hi maintainers!

Not posted in a while as been mega busy recently but thought I'd better pop in with an update.

I'm currently 2.5lbs under target. Since hitting target I have upped my HEs to 3as and 3bs a day (I do green). I've also stopped religiously counting syns and will allow myself a treat as long as I really want it, not just for the sake of it. This week for example the OH and I had fish and chips one night, for me this is just a portion of chips, but I really fancied chip butties so had 2 slices of white bread with it. Also one night had a bar of milka chocolate because it was on special offer and haven't had one since christmas. We went out on sat night and instead of sticking to vodka and diet coke I had cider which was amazing! At weigh in was hoping to have put on at least 1lb to put me nearly bang on target, however I lost 2lbs! My consultant said I need to have more HEs. I don't think I can have anymore food! I've cut down on exercise a bit over the last couple of weeks but not sure what else to do bar, rocks in the pocket! I don't really want to drop my target but I suppose if I lose 1.5lb this week I could drop it by 7lbs then I would be at the top end of new target range. What to do... what to do.....

I really don't want to start eating bad things for the sake of eating bad things, and don't really want to drop my exercise anymore as I want this to be part of my life. It's a real struggle to have to start thinking about how to gain weight, when I've been so focused on losing weight for so long. It also feels horrible in class when it comes round to me and I have lost again when in all honesty I'm not really trying and others have been really focused and have sts or had small losses, it makes me feel bad for being there.

Well it feels quite good to get that off my chest! Thanks for listening guys.

xx

I'm 3up again. :( I have no idea WTF is going on. I eat EE as normal no extras AT ALL, and I waver up and down. Gained 1.5 this week- blaming the extra exercise due to the pain... but still deeply unimpressed.

Hi Denise
So does that mean that if you took all the baggage off you could be at the next 7lb level - if thats so then just drop your target and then balance at the top of the range. Its really diffcult, I know when I dropped mine I didnt want to but it worked out that I went straight into target, so didnt have to pay :)
You cant let this get to you though, look at what you have achieved - i know its difficult, get the same feelings myself

Hi Wegle
I was the same when hit target, had a few treats in the week and still lost, and I was like how come? I wanted to get to bottem of target range because was going on holiday AI for two weeks, so being a bit tactical, but it kept dropping - out for full blown indian meals the lot - it was getting ridiculous. i stopped exercising as well, only to find out that if you stop exercising your muscles release the fluid which can result in a 3-4lb weight loss over a couple of weeks
I have WI tomorrow, didnt go last week as knew I had gained 2, but should be about target - fingers crossed :)

Shrimpy, poor you, how fustrating
What exercise are you doing, and for how long, this could impact and give you a temporary gain
Perhaps you need a blow out, I read somewhere that your body gets used to the foods you eat and having a massive blow out meal could shock your body - not saying this is the way to go, but there must be a reason for this

Just started the 30 day shred. I just can't seem to regulate. I could eat exactly the same thing for two weeks and gain one week and lose another... my body is mean!

Hi Wegle

Just been to WI this morning and have put on 1.5lb so now back in target. Don't think I've done anything different to last week so no idea why!

You say your C has suggested more HEs - I now have at least 2 As and 4Bs most days (doing EE mainly) - as you say it is difficult physically eating this amount so I tend to use a couple of my Bs on things like olive oil, semi-dried apricots or nuts. This isn't as filling as having something like extra bread, cereal, crackers etc. I also usually have either an A or B as cheese most days.

HTH

Denise

T

Hey everyone, so wi this morning and I'm right at the bottom end of target?? This is after 2 days off plan this week, and these 2 days consisted of a huuuuge Chinese takeaway, tubs of sweets, ice-cream and 2 Oreo milkshakes! This was actually so I didn't lose this week and I've gone and done it anyway? How?? Is it a hint to lower by 7lb?

Just started the 30 day shred. I just can't seem to regulate. I could eat exactly the same thing for two weeks and gain one week and lose another... my body is mean!

Shrimpy, I can totally understand why you're frustrated, but from an outsiders point of view, you have NOTHING to worry about.

If you're sticking to plan, which you are from your diary, then the extra weight this week will defiantly be from your increased activity. I remember when I started serious exercise I sat at 8 and a half stone for almost a month! A MONTH! And in 6 months I'd never always had consistant loses. Your muscles are being used to a greater effect than they ever were before, so they retain water to repair and build themselves. This happens to everyone, but it is scary to see a raise in the scale, but it will settle down and go away. I PROMISE you!

Hey everyone, so wi this morning and I'm right at the bottom end of target?? This is after 2 days off plan this week, and these 2 days consisted of a huuuuge Chinese takeaway, tubs of sweets, ice-cream and 2 Oreo milkshakes! This was actually so I didn't lose this week and I've gone and done it anyway? How?? Is it a hint to lower by 7lb?

You're the same height as me and I reset my goal to 8 stone. Those last few pounds make all the difference. I'm sure you look fab just now - but if it makes you feel better then go for it!

No I haven't cause I'm always tottering at the top of target, so am too scared to eat like a piggie and then find out that I'm outta target and have to pay!

Shrimpy, I can totally understand why you're frustrated, but from an outsiders point of view, you have NOTHING to worry about.

If you're sticking to plan, which you are from your diary, then the extra weight this week will defiantly be from your increased activity. I remember when I started serious exercise I sat at 8 and a half stone for almost a month! A MONTH! And in 6 months I'd never always had consistant loses. Your muscles are being used to a greater effect than they ever were before, so they retain water to repair and build themselves. This happens to everyone, but it is scary to see a raise in the scale, but it will settle down and go away. I PROMISE you!

It better... I'm holding you to that promise!!! ;)

Thanks.

Back