Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

Gah, outside of range again - I put on 4 1/2 pounds somehow this week - still dont know how, which now puts me at 1/2 lb over target range.

My consultant really doesnt seem to understand how target works when you go out of range, miss weeks etc. I'm on holiday next week, so have booked as holiday -as I assume that if it just don't turn up next week, the system will take that as a 2nd consecutive week out of target and demand I pay next time - presumably if I book next week as holiday and get back into range when I come back the week afterwards I wont have to pay.

That of course relies on me losing weight when on holiday! (its just a few days in pembrokeshire, and we are in a cottage so I can at least prepare some SW friendly meals)

Really hoped that my mysterious 4 1/2 lb gain vanished as quickly as it arrived, seeing as there was no real justification for it.

Sadly not - after a week of no weigh in (but still following plan to some extent) stayed the same.

Odd thing though - when I weighed it and 3 1/2 lbs over target, so 1/2lb over range for the 2nd consecutive weigh in - the PDA didnt send me back to pay! Consultant said to just accept it and make the most of it which I'm more than happy to do - just seems odd.

I'm having a full on week at 100% this week - with scan bran/loadsawater/superspeed soup/fishy week - you name it - any tricks for good losses and I'm going for it!

Was all set up to be a perfect week for it - husband away on a stag do, so no plans for the weekend, no beers - nothing.

Until a guy from work who's leaving this week decided that he's bringing in pieminister pies this Friday.

IT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO REFUSE A PIEMINISTER PIE!

(ah well, 95% this week then - pie is about 25-30 syns, so reduce for the rest of the days instead)

Dearie me, we seem to have slipped to page 2 - obviously we all know what we are doing so dont need any support!!!

Well, I'm getting rather fed up to say the least. I put on 4 1/2lbs at a single weigh in a few weeks ago which I to this day dont understand. I assumed it would come straight off again, but since then (having had one week off on holiday) I've had a STS and then a loss of 1/2lb.

My 1/2lb loss has just dragged me back into target range, so I am now 3lbs over - but I really expected a big loss, since it was such a big gain that I dont think was deserved. Plus, I've been eating scan bran and superspeed soup and having an uber strict week, so 1/2lb was really disappointing. And I had to pay for being out of range for 2 consecutive weigh ins! At 3lbs over I have to be strict again to make sure I dont gain, just 1/2lb will be enough to force me into paying territory again.

Not sure what else to do, I've been doing this for a while so pretty happy that I know the plan and havent been doing anything wrong, I'm just very annoyed.

I have no suggestions to help, other than the usual, mix things up etc. BUT I feel your pain, I always get those, my body just likes to sit 1lb off top end of target.

Thanks shrimpy, just needed to vent really.

I'm giving the scan bran another go this week. I've also had fish a few times this week already, so might try and make this a fishy week. I'm going to up the superfree, so make meals more like SE proportions (last night for example I had baked tuna steak with chargrilled mediterranean veg and BNS - I'd normally have potatoes). Although I dont think I'll be doing the full SE rules (syns at the higher value, only superfree snacks etc - wont be doing that)

Slight fly in the ointment, I'm going for a curry tonight. Think I'll go with lamb rogan josh (6.5 syns in the book but I'm sure that must vary hugely) and plain boiled rice. No naan bread, and maybe just one poppadom, not 2. And rum and diet cokes, not beer.

Just be good for the rest of the day and enjoy the curry! :)

Good idea to up the superfree. :)

Hi
WI last night and i am 2 1/2 under target. I WI fortnightly so have had some very bad days mixed with very good days, and lost 1lb from last weigh in. i knew I hadnt gained when I went so a bit determined to stuff my face and last night and today has been shocking food wise lol but i have got groceries so know i will be making some good meals to counteract my extremely naughty behaviour :)

Dont fret Mandy, keep roughly on plan and you will get closer to your target. Its a balancing act. I tend to be a bit of a serial weigher at home, always put a couple lb on over the weekend, and then more on plan during the week which seems to work for me, altho know I hate seeing those scales go up

I was out of target last week (1lb under) could do with out going to weigh in tomorrow as got lots going on but it worries me that if I don't and am out of target next time I go I will have to pay for loads....still not clear on this situation!
Hopefully will be in target tomorrow and then not have to go for a couple of weeks but haven't had the best of weeks and could even be out of target the other way lol its so unpredictable!

It really is! It's soooo chaotic, no idea how you are supposed to maintain... It makes no sense!

I think that is why I am a daily weigher no surprises at WI. I have been eating quite badly, tho I normally do over the weekend but still below target, I would honestly think I had put on big pounds - KFC, choc cake, lemon cheesecake, goose fat roast pots - how am I still the same as last week? It's a bit of a mystery, will be good now cos all that has got to catch up with me - it is totm so a bit more gluttoness than normal!

Not sure how payment works if you miss a week and still outside, just get weighed and don't stay to group if busy, but understand it would be good to have one less thing to do when busy

I wish I could eat like a piggie! I have zero control over this, I eat 100% SW ee and end up gaining/losing the same 2lbs!

It really is! It's soooo chaotic, no idea how you are supposed to maintain... It makes no sense!

I wonder how many people do actually stay within 3lbs of their weight generally? Its quite a tight margin really though I didn't think so till was at target, I want to keep going to group to keep an eye on it but in lots of ways I am feeling like it is too much pressure!

If you are out of range, you are effectively not a "target" member at that point, so if you don't turn up, you would have to pay for the week you missed. Both times I dropped out of target, I had to miss the week for unrelated holidays, so in order to avoid paying I needed to book the week as holiday like any normal member would. Once you get back in range, you can than carry on as usual and come and go as you please (or turn up at least once a month I believe).

I'm on holiday the next two weeks, so hoping that I stay in range at tonights weigh in - otherwise I'm going to have to book holiday again and I'm not sure I have enough left (you are only supposed to take 6 weeks). I'm going to Ireland (republic) so not sure that I can go to a group there as its not the same as SW UK - different currency for one thing!

I'm not too worried though as my consultant will probably find a way to book me the holiday if needs be, I think they have the ability to be flexible on this. Would be nice if I didnt need to worry though, but I have no idea if I'll still be in range, having lost just 1/2 lb last week after a week of scan bran and superspeed soup, who knows what this week will be like (80% strict but a curry and beers on Friday night). And I have absolutely zero leeway for gains - I HAVE to lose or maintain this week as I'm at the top end of target.

Still right at the bottem of target, have dropped below a few days so getting a bit concerned for WI on Thursday. Do I want to lower target? If I could guarantee the lbs coming off my thighs - typical pear shape lol - i would go for it, but my boobs cant get any smaller and any loss seems to hit them first :( I am now wondering how many rocks I will need to stuff in my pocket for WI lol

Im a good stone away from target but hope to be joining you all by early next year if not sooner :D
Well done to all of you at target and keep up the good work :)

Ok I have been stuffing my face with lots of c's - Chinese, cake, cream, chocolate, etc sorry to those struggling to lose, but although I have enjoyed, I am not happy with myself as to the choices I am making. I did red on sw so have minimal pasta, potatoes, etc and am used to eating that way, I think I need to start EE keeping my 2 hex a & b. I really don't want to turn to unhealthy cals to manage my weight, I envisage binge eating on this 'c' for crap! It's not healthy, although I should be in range on Thursday WI :/

I've finally made it.

Time to get to grip with maintaining - although with my recent losses I think I'm already half way there.

Back