Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

Congratulations Tipareth, and welcome to the heady and life long excitement of maintenance.

7 months in now and I am still maintaining. Been a few blips along the way, usually a monthly blow-up due to being a laydee, but overall I am in exactly the same place give or take the odd pound that I was when I finally called target proper back in January.

It is hard, but it can be done. Thank goodness.

MadameLaMinx said:
Congratulations Tipareth, and welcome to the heady and life long excitement of maintenance.

7 months in now and I am still maintaining. Been a few blips along the way, usually a monthly blow-up due to being a laydee, but overall I am in exactly the same place give or take the odd pound that I was when I finally called target proper back in January.

It is hard, but it can be done. Thank goodness.

Thank you. It's a bit scary knowing I need to eat more to stop losing any more weight, but to not go back to old habits that put the weight there in the first place.

So glad I found a link to this thread, as I need all the help that I can get after getting to target a couple of weeks ago and gaining 3.5lbs at my next WI, which meant I was just within my range as I was 1lb below target when I reached it.
I missed WI last week, and dreading WI this week:(

Another newbie to the thread here! Hi all you lovely maintainers! I hit target on wednesday. I'm guessing it's easier to lose than to maintain every week. Scared I'm going to go back to my old ways and pile the weight on so I'm staying vigilant. Although a sneaky peek tells me I've already put on...Still within the three pounds though.

You have to be very strong minded to not hit target and go "Great, wheres the pie, I need to celebrate this victory over food, with more food", especially when in the past you have rewarded/consoled yourself with food.

But the difference now is that you know and have the tools to fix any gains you have. So if you do have the odd blow out when you are at target, you know how to fix it. The crux is making sure that you have the wherewithall to stop after the blow out and not extend it into days and weeks, and remind yourself afterwards that any gain is only temporary and not a marker that you are a failure. You already proved that you arent a failure once. So why set out to overrule that message?

It's WI day for me.....
I reached target, well 1lb below, on the 2nd August, gained 3.5lbs on the 9th August after my extended birthday weekend, and missed WI last week, so hoping that I have lost a bit this week.

ginlin said:
It's WI day for me.....
I reached target, well 1lb below, on the 2nd August, gained 3.5lbs on the 9th August after my extended birthday weekend, and missed WI last week, so hoping that I have lost a bit this week.

Good luck am sure you will do fine. Xxx

It's WI day for me.....

Good luck, it's mine too.

Lost 1lb this week, so only have 1 left to get to the bottom of my target range and that's after having an extra Hex a day, two take aways and a slice of cake - why was it not this easy when I was supposed to be losing weight.

Consider me utterly jealous! LOL. Eat a dominos, that might help, OR load your pockets with stones!

Shrimpy said:
Consider me utterly jealous! LOL. Eat a dominos, that might help, OR load your pockets with stones!

:)

I have a bbq at the weekend so may I put some on this week.

Tiphareth said:
Lost 1lb this week, so only have 1 left to get to the bottom of my target range and that's after having an extra Hex a day, two take aways and a slice of cake - why was it not this easy when I was supposed to be losing weight.

I am totally jealous right now haha. Well done thou :) xx

Well I hit my target as off today! :) :bliss: yay! cant believe it so I am now officially a "maintainer" and Im really quite nervous about it (sounds silly) so I would love to join this thread and get some support I have a feeling Im gonna need it! lol

Fat bridesmaid said:
Well I hit my target as off today! :) :bliss: yay! cant believe it so I am now officially a "maintainer" and Im really quite nervous about it (sounds silly) so I would love to join this thread and get some support I have a feeling Im gonna need it! lol

Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Fat bridesmaid said:

Congratulations x

Hi
Just wanted to say ive really enjoyed reading all about your maintaining journey im 1lb off the target i set although could do with it being a 2lbs really. And you have all made it less scarey to get to target and try and keep the weight off

emx

Fat bridesmaid said:

Woe congratulations, well done and welcome :) if you have read through maintaining is still a struggle as you still get your odd blow outs but as long as it's not all the time you should maintain easily. You'll get lots of support on here thou xx

Lost another lb again tonight so am a lb under my target allowance again.. Oops. Either need to eat some naughty foods or wear heavier clothes next week lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back