Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

After my initial binge weekend for my birthday which was the weekend after I reached target, when I had a good kick up the bum in gaining 3.5lbs, I know deal with maintenance by sticking to plan Monday - Thursday, then enjoy the weekend sensibly:)

Sometimes I think I have cracked it then times like yesterday I think its really hard and the thought of doing it forever is a bit depressing!
I didn't have the energy or inclination to cook, plan etc etc and wanted to be able to just have a takeaway like so many people seem to without worrying which was the best option or how many syns etc without becoming fat and yucky! But because I didn't plan for today last night I now don't know whats for dinner etc tonight.
It can be so exhausting.....it is worth it isn't it???:cry:

Sometimes I think I have cracked it then times like yesterday I think its really hard and the thought of doing it forever is a bit depressing!
I didn't have the energy or inclination to cook, plan etc etc and wanted to be able to just have a takeaway like so many people seem to without worrying which was the best option or how many syns etc without becoming fat and yucky! But because I didn't plan for today last night I now don't know whats for dinner etc tonight.
It can be so exhausting.....it is worth it isn't it???:cry:

Yes it is worth it. But I know exactly how you feel, I've had a craving for ice cream for a while, I don't want a tiny bite size piece I want to pile it in my dish & enjoy it without wandering about how many flippin syns are in it:mad:

Definately worth it, but I also think, can I possibly do it forever:eek:

I have lots of jars of sauces, and things in the freezer that I bought pre-SW and now that I am at Target, I am trying to fit one meal a week in that uses one, which is not pleasing me, to say the least, but food is far too expensive to throw away.

Last night, my son and I shared a steak and ale pie out of the freezer, and half of it was 33.5syns!....I was gutted, and felt terribly sick later, and had to take two alka seltzers!

My Son, said that I was feeling so bad, because I knew how much fat and syns were in it....could this be so?

Hi,

I reached target this week, really chuffed, but also a bit daunted. I will be following this thread carefully for tips about maintaining, I always knew this was going to be the hardest part!!

tallsarah said:
Hi,

I reached target this week, really chuffed, but also a bit daunted. I will be following this thread carefully for tips about maintaining, I always knew this was going to be the hardest part!!

Congratulations and welcome to the club.

I've been pleasantly surprised how much easier it's been to maintain than I thought it would be. Then again it's only been 5 weeks, but I have made it through a birthday.

Well despite my good intentions I had a 3lb gain this week!!! Was gutted as I'm only just in my target zone after my first week!! I know I wasn't perfect but I also wasn't that bad either - I didn't gain that much when I went in holiday all inclusive!! I'm hoping it might be a misread as I'd had rather a large bowl of pasta for lunch without thinking and weighed in 2 hours earlier than normal. Back on plan this week aside from the Buffett at a wedding last night x

I've set myself a goal to get my 1.5 stone shiny, which would mean I am at the lowest weight in my target range.

well after 4 whole days of constant eating and drinking, not even thinking about the plan I only put on half a pound!!!! However I suspect it will catch up with me at next weigh in, and I have another big weekend coming up so we shall see.......

To be totally honest, now I got to 8'13, I am really struggling. Its like I have reached my goal, so now I want to eat EVERYTHING. It seems that all my willpower has just vanished. I tried really hard to get to where I am, but I cant seem to care anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well lost 1.5lb this week but had to get completely back on plan to do it <sigh>

Just reached target this week after a long slow year! can't seem to stop eating this week especially bread :-( its like I have forgotten how hard it was to get here

I have only been at target a week, but I was a bit lost for a few days. It was a bit like the first few days when starting SW and getting my head around EE. Gave myself a talking to and a reminder that SW is a healthy eating plan for life and made sure I went to group to keep me focussed and supported. I did learn a lesson though when I ate three choccy bars, I had such a terrible headache the next day, my body was telling me something!

I put another half a pound on.....3 gains in a row its starting to creep up! but I'm following the plan exactly as if I was still trying to lose so not too sure whats going on!!!

Back