Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

Thats my plan I'm not going to just eat for the sake of it but also not going to worry too much!

I find the second B choice odd too, it always makes me feel really stodgey so sometimes I skip it. Some days however its really useful if I have say cereal for breakfast then fancy a nibble after my dinner I normally have weetabix or some alpen bars, nom!

Feeling sorry for myself today despite a 1.5lb weight loss putting me just half a lb above my target.
When I was losing and felt pressure I just wanted to get to target and just 'be' but now think am just in the stage where I am adjusting to becoming old news a bit and people are just letting me be in some ways and theres not so much fuss about my weight loss because its just my weight now.
Also find groups a strange place to be at this stage (or maybe thats just my mil that makes it that way for me)
Maybe I just need to go get my hair done or something give myself a bit of a boost!

Aww Emsie I feel flat today half a pound under target but I find the group a bit like that. The consultant said you are off my figures now, its like I am finished.
Even the SW site is cruddy with support for maintainers. If I maintain it say the same message as if I was supposed to be losing. ' Perhaps yo need to ask your consultant for ways to help with losses' or words like that.
Where is the praise for keeping at what is the huge big goal we are all encouraged.
Hugs and yes get your hair done, or a nail polish done in a nail bar.
I think you are doing great and we should be applauded!! :hug99:

Jo* said:
Aww Emsie I feel flat today half a pound under target but I find the group a bit like that. The consultant said you are off my figures now, its like I am finished.
Even the SW site is cruddy with support for maintainers. If I maintain it say the same message as if I was supposed to be losing. ' Perhaps yo need to ask your consultant for ways to help with losses' or words like that.
Where is the praise for keeping at what is the huge big goal we are all encouraged.
Hugs and yes get your hair done, or a nail polish done in a nail bar.
I think you are doing great and we should be applauded!! :hug99:

Here here!

Well said Jo! x

i put 5lb on last night after my indulgent week away which means i am 1.5lb over the high end of my target eek :-(
soooooo need to get back on plan going to do red & green days for the week am also going to cut my syns to 10 a day instead of 15 :rolleyes: xx

1lb off:) really happy with that. If I can lose 1lb next week I'll be delighted as I know it will be a gain the week after as I'm off to an all day hen party a week on sat so I'm hoping for a maintain but a gain is probably the more realistic outcome. I'm still at the top end of target so ideally I'd like to be at the bottom or bang on target at Christmas.

Annnnnd I was voted miss slinky at group, I don't think I want to go through to regionals this time though.

Ouch Valerie, did you have to pay or have you not been to SW? Hope you had a good time

hi jo got a weeks grace to get it back off if i don't lose at least 1.5lb next week will have to pay again, the gain was well deserved i was an absolute pig (and didn't feel any better for it wish i hadn't bothered) but enjoyed the holiday apart from that lol xx

Hi can I join. I just got to target last night.

Reached target last week so upped my food for this week, lost another 3lbs! only just "in target" so I will try having extra "Heb" and will keep a diary to see if it works. I suppose after 29 weeks with a loss to stop now will be hard......

Wow bilsat! Well done:) my consultant recommended upping your healthy extras until you find a plateau. You'll find maintaining is a bit of a trial and error process. Im trying to lose this week as I'm at the top end of target and I fear that my plans in December will push me out of target.

Yay Bilsat I was confident on the losing bit, I lost ever week since June, the rules were simple to lose.
I an a little different with maintaining its different week to week. First week I lost 2 then maintained, holiday made for the two back. I maintained. I lost half a pound last week yet had a normal week added to it a slab of fruit cake.

Hope it all goes well.
I believe they should have a big group for maintainers.

Feeling sorry for myself today despite a 1.5lb weight loss putting me just half a lb above my target.
When I was losing and felt pressure I just wanted to get to target and just 'be' but now think am just in the stage where I am adjusting to becoming old news a bit and people are just letting me be in some ways and theres not so much fuss about my weight loss because its just my weight now.
Also find groups a strange place to be at this stage (or maybe thats just my mil that makes it that way for me)
Maybe I just need to go get my hair done or something give myself a bit of a boost!

It is hard transitioning from "losing" to maintaining and disappointingly, SW doesnt really help when its website is still telling you what you need to lose to get your next award, or tutting at you for not losing in a gentle manner.

I'll be honest, I went too far with my weight loss. Being tall, you dont get to see the "small" sizes and the "small" weights on the scales, and I will admit here and now, while I was moving house I was off-plan for about 6 weeks all in, and I knew I was going to gain off the back of it, but was quite pleased because I could then go back on plan and watch the scales drop again, and thats not a healthy way to maintain at all.

My weight at its lowest was 11st7. Which is not at bottom end of BMI range, but I have a load of loose skin from 3 big pregnancies and being very obese and so if that was taken away, I probably WOULD have otherwise been at bottom end of BMI range. I am back on plan now, but am still fighting a battle with myself every day not to let myself slip back to how I was, and this is over a year after I first called target.

Still, I knew this was a thing I had to do long term, I cant just be one of those people who eats whatever they like and never gains a pound. Its just hard to sustain that long term.

No worries Jo, I think when you are losing you are given so much more positive encouragement and you find it easier to stay in the right mindset, but once that focus is gone, and you don't have the incentive to stay on track so much, its very easy to slip back. I don't go to group any more, I always swore I would still go but of course like much of my promises to myself its very easy to break them.

I think the difference now is that I have the ability to go "i can fix that before it becomes a problem again" and so far.. touch wood, I have managed that where needed, but.. I get depression, and sometimes pretty badly, and that's where I think the danger will lie for me because I stop caring about myself and do stuff that deliberately sabotages any positive feelings I have about myself, just to give myself a reason to give myself a kicking. I think for me, personally, it will always be a battle with my mind. And I won't always be the winner.

Totally agree about the encouragement disappearing. I feel if there was a few more people would aim for it in groups too. The target people sit silently at my group, if you haven't guessed I am a chatterbox and used to ask questions as they I got nearer, in fact right from the start as it was where I wanted to be. The consultant always moved anybody talking on. I find it hard to go as I dont get support and it seems as if I'm not needed to give any either. Would love to be utilised now.

I also think I have the means to do it and the knowledge so group may become a thing of the past.

:rolleyes:
Reached target last week so upped my food for this week, lost another 3lbs! only just "in target" so I will try having extra "Heb" and will keep a diary to see if it works. I suppose after 29 weeks with a loss to stop now will be hard......

well done bilsat :happy096: i am finding it a lot harder to maintain then actually losing the weight :rolleyes: good luck and have a good weekend x

Back