Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

It is hard transitioning from "losing" to maintaining and disappointingly, SW doesnt really help when its website is still telling you what you need to lose to get your next award, or tutting at you for not losing in a gentle manner.

I'll be honest, I went too far with my weight loss. Being tall, you dont get to see the "small" sizes and the "small" weights on the scales, and I will admit here and now, while I was moving house I was off-plan for about 6 weeks all in, and I knew I was going to gain off the back of it, but was quite pleased because I could then go back on plan and watch the scales drop again, and thats not a healthy way to maintain at all.

My weight at its lowest was 11st7. Which is not at bottom end of BMI range, but I have a load of loose skin from 3 big pregnancies and being very obese and so if that was taken away, I probably WOULD have otherwise been at bottom end of BMI range. I am back on plan now, but am still fighting a battle with myself every day not to let myself slip back to how I was, and this is over a year after I first called target.

Still, I knew this was a thing I had to do long term, I cant just be one of those people who eats whatever they like and never gains a pound. Its just hard to sustain that long term.

Sorry Minx only just saw your reply. Yeah its a long term thing for me too if I don't want to get bigger and bigger again.
I've wondered what difference it would make if I was able to get rid of some of the lose bits too not that I am tall or at low bmi!
Didn't realise that you weren't going to group any more but know you have a lot on anyway! I want to keep going to group but am not sure I will.
Wonder if we would go to a group aimed at target members if we had to pay and if so what could be offered to us to keep us going/motivated?
Its hard battling with weight and mind but hopefully we can do ok x

I stopped going to group because my C asked me to do something I wasnt really comfortable with. Dont want to say on the boards what that was but it really messed with my head and made me quite panicky about going any more. I still speak to her from time to time and have had lunch with her, but I dont foresee a return to group any time soon.

I think the reason I started this thread particularly was because of the lack of visible support at group and online for maintainers. It is without doubt psychologically far harder than losing, and thats not to say losing is easy - but certainly for me it came a lot easier than maintaining because I had something to aim for. Now the aim is much vaguer. I *COULD* have put more effort into not gaining while I was moving, but it was too easy to use it as an excuse, "I dont have time to cook" "Im too busy, I can lose any gain again afterwards", and yes, I can, and I am, but I shouldnt have let myself gain in the first place. I REALLY need an adjustment with my attitude towards food.

I stopped going to group because my C asked me to do something I wasnt really comfortable with. Dont want to say on the boards what that was but it really messed with my head and made me quite panicky about going any more. I still speak to her from time to time and have had lunch with her, but I dont foresee a return to group any time soon.

I think the reason I started this thread particularly was because of the lack of visible support at group and online for maintainers. It is without doubt psychologically far harder than losing, and thats not to say losing is easy - but certainly for me it came a lot easier than maintaining because I had something to aim for. Now the aim is much vaguer. I *COULD* have put more effort into not gaining while I was moving, but it was too easy to use it as an excuse, "I dont have time to cook" "Im too busy, I can lose any gain again afterwards", and yes, I can, and I am, but I shouldnt have let myself gain in the first place. I REALLY need an adjustment with my attitude towards food.

My minds boggling now what she could have asked you to do! :eek:
I find it difficult because other people seem to be able to use these excuses /reasons and not gain and it doesn't seem fair but I need to accept fully that I just can't I suppose. I thought I had a grip on things but have noticed if I do let myself relax a little I can go too far eating till am not enjoying it so its something have got to watch!
Hope you can make those adjustments Minx with everything you have going on its not easy and thats a reason not excuse! :) xxx

I shared a picture of my dinner yesterday it was Ginlins corned beef pasty recipe with my groups facebook page said Yummy 1 syn dinner recipe coming later. Had Actifry chips and beans. My consultant then had a conversation under with another member saying it was probably more as corned beef is high and thats without whatever the corned beef was in ( A hexb pitta) and more or less shot me down. I explained i would not post recipes that were not SW friendly it was just a pic of my tea. I explained the syns for the corned beef then said it was a HExB and she said I should have made it clear to people despite me saying I was adding recipe when I had time. When I go to group target members have so little imput, she has said you are off my figures too many times.

Sorry I realise lots of cons are really good, but mine has never really helped me told me off for saving syns up SW have stated that its ok and good to do this. I am finding it hard to go and would love a group where I pay for support and keeping on track. I also think we are the living proof this works and should be there to encourage people to keep going.

Hi there,

Got to target last week but have only just found this thread.

Still got issues to deal with which I`ll post in the fullness of time. I`m 51, 5ft 4ins and called target at 9st 7lbs. Wanted something I could realistically maintain.

Somehow I think it may be harder than trying to lose every week. But I`m here to give it a go!!

I'm lurking in the background! I have 2 more lbs to see the back off then I will be trying to get my head around maintaining.

I'll pop back and say when I'm jumping up and down because i've finally, for once in my life achieved my goal! x

I do SW at home, and never really set a proper target, which has been both a help and a hinderance. Mostly hinderance now, as I am hovering between 8'11 and 9. I was 8.7 before Xmas last year, I just cant seem to get my focus back, and decide if
I want to stick here. I pretty much have one set meal a day thats SW, then lose interest and eat whatever, which cancels it all out x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Dreamer you have done amazingly well to lose the weight. Maybe you should give yourself a time limit on what you want to do.

How about focusing just on maintaining what you've achieved so far, perhaps making more of your day SW food so at least in a few weeks when its Christmas you can say you havent put any of your great losses back on?

back from Rome with a 3pound gain which I'm ok with as it was pretty impossible to even think about the plan with all the pastries and white bread!!! I found it really really hard to just let go however, I didnt really enjoy eating the 'bad' food, even though I'm at target I still always get the guilt, even though it was my first and only holiday of the year, and probably my last for another year!! Anyone else struggle to accept they can have a few days off when they need? :(

Hi welcome back hope you had a fab time I was the same on my hols two weeks ago, I did have some treats for the first days and then felt it wasnt worth it and held off, a 2lb gain brought me back to dead on my target. I don't find I feel guilt more a sense of sabotaging all the good I did.

Hubby also on SW ate same as me but more bad stuff white bread everyday, yet lost half a pound so blimmin annoying.:grumble:

Eurgh I know the feeling, my OH is a total stick and eats rubbish constantly. I always tells him he may be slim on in outside but his insides are screaming for fresh fruit and veg!!

I was a bit lazy to be honest and didn't try hard to hunt out healthy options (white bread for lunch, and breakfast was 3 big bowls of museli and pastry...un-necessary!) but at least I know that I can re-focus when I get back and Im looking forward to getting back on plan!

Christmas should be interesting!!!:D

As a recent target achiever I`m finding the coming of Christmas a bit daunting.

My OH eats total rubbish at the best if times. I`ve already decided on beef for Xmas lunch. It`s not the main meals that are a concern it`s all the extras. Cheese, chocolate, wine etc.

Have any of you that have been maintaining for some time got any ideas?

It`s not the main meals that are a concern it`s all the extras. Cheese, chocolate, wine etc.

QUOTE]

I'm the same! Christmas dinner wont be a problem as such, its the nibbles inbetween and my family insist on buying crap to eat and its hard to say no!

My consultant went through the syn values of pringles/celebrations etc last night and it totally depressed me as now I know I'll have the guilt if I eat any!!!

I think my plan is just to superfree it to the max for most meals and then save my syns for the naughty things and try to keep track...maybe only have 3 'blowout' days and try to stick to my 15 the rest...

I shared a picture of my dinner yesterday it was Ginlins corned beef pasty recipe with my groups facebook page said Yummy 1 syn dinner recipe coming later. Had Actifry chips and beans. My consultant then had a conversation under with another member saying it was probably more as corned beef is high and thats without whatever the corned beef was in ( A hexb pitta) and more or less shot me down. I explained i would not post recipes that were not SW friendly it was just a pic of my tea. I explained the syns for the corned beef then said it was a HExB and she said I should have made it clear to people despite me saying I was adding recipe when I had time. When I go to group target members have so little imput, she has said you are off my figures too many times.

Sorry I realise lots of cons are really good, but mine has never really helped me told me off for saving syns up SW have stated that its ok and good to do this. I am finding it hard to go and would love a group where I pay for support and keeping on track. I also think we are the living proof this works and should be there to encourage people to keep going.

Hi Jo,

She was jealous of your delicious meal ! ;)

back from Rome with a 3pound gain which I'm ok with as it was pretty impossible to even think about the plan with all the pastries and white bread!!! I found it really really hard to just let go however, I didnt really enjoy eating the 'bad' food, even though I'm at target I still always get the guilt, even though it was my first and only holiday of the year, and probably my last for another year!! Anyone else struggle to accept they can have a few days off when they need? :(

Glad to hear that you had a good time, despite thinking about the bad food.

I'm the same, I've had three days off plan this week, and was getting really guilty about them, when my daughter said, for Gods sake mam, you don't have to keep losing weight, you can relax a bit!

It was a half pound on for me, which was to be expected as I have had three days totally off plan this week, which would have been a bit strange if I had still lost.

As I have a big night out on Saturday with hubby, we are going for a meal then to see George Michael, I can go back on plan until then, and limit the damage for next week;)

Caz_Mnaz said:

Yes! I do! I'm already panicking about having Christmas eve, day & boxing day off. I've promised myself those days. Also having a day off the sat before for a wedding. I'm having an evening off on sat and lunch off a week on sat. I'm hoping that being on plan 100% at all meals/days other than these allowed ones will result in maintains. But we'll see. And life is for living and Christmas comes but once a year.

It was a half pound on for me, which was to be expected as I have had three days totally off plan this week, which would have been a bit strange if I had still lost.

As I have a big night out on Saturday with hubby, we are going for a meal then to see George Michael, I can go back on plan until then, and limit the damage for next week;)
Ooh George Michael have a great time. Half a pound good for 3 days off plan. ;)

Thanks Ginlin she was a bit jealous hehe :D

Back