Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

I agree I'd much rather be at target over christmas then still trying to lose! Don't know why I freak out so much about 'off days', naturally slim people don't worry about one bad meal or one bad day! As my consultant says imagine a vase of 7flowers, if one dies you don't throw away the other 6....

Its just getting out of the mindset of a loser and into the mindset of a maintainer!

Though I want to be at bottom end of target def before christmas if possible so I can make myself relax!

Bit of a shock at WI tonight, I'd planned to speak to Consultant about dropping target as I would like a nice round stone loss, fitting in a size of clothes I am nearly at but too small for next size up and also my target weight top end brings me to over my BMI.

But a bit late I lost 4 and 1/2 pounds!!! :eek: putting me 1 and 1/2 under bottom line.
I then got a lecture about SW not liking people going to a lower target as its abusing the system by not paying.
I said there was no way I had planned this and had never lost that much in previous WI's ever.
She said she will check with main SW manager and get back to me
Cheekily when she asked what I put down the loss to, i said the Corned Beef pasties as she was not happy with me showing a pic of them, read above.

Hehe Ginlin every dog has its day !!

Hope I'm allowed to drop my weight. Confused as seen others ask cons to lower and seems to be OK??? :confused:

I am a bit in shock to have lost that much, trying to support hubby reachinjg target but nothing much different. he lost a pound.
I got slimmer of the week and that was something I never expected to see.

I gained 1.5lbs. I was good, I ate only SW meals and have only had 10syns a day. I hate this shitty upping and downing. Last week I ate virtually the same thing and lost 1.5lbs. I am still eating to lose and I am just losing or gaining... I still haven't actually come out of target, but here I am, top end again. Consider me utterly depressed- as I am always going to have to eat as a loser since I gain even when doing that.

Jo* said:
Bit of a shock at WI tonight, I'd planned to speak to Consultant about dropping target as I would like a nice round stone loss, fitting in a size of clothes I am nearly at but too small for next size up and also my target weight top end brings me to over my BMI.

But a bit late I lost 4 and 1/2 pounds!!! :eek: putting me 1 and 1/2 under bottom line.
I then got a lecture about SW not liking people going to a lower target as its abusing the system by not paying.
I said there was no way I had planned this and had never lost that much in previous WI's ever.
She said she will check with main SW manager and get back to me
Cheekily when she asked what I put down the loss to, i said the Corned Beef pasties as she was not happy with me showing a pic of them, read above.

Hehe Ginlin every dog has its day !!

Hope I'm allowed to drop my weight. Confused as seen others ask cons to lower and seems to be OK??? :confused:

I am a bit in shock to have lost that much, trying to support hubby reachinjg target but nothing much different. he lost a pound.
I got slimmer of the week and that was something I never expected to see.

Well done you, I bet that was a shock!!! Providing you are within your healthy BMI then you can drop your target by 6lbs so that would mean your target would be another 1.5lbs less than what you are now If that makes sense

I need to get some corned beef, I can't wait to try them, they look yummy! Can't believe your c was funny about showing the pic of them?!!

Thanks becky xxx Can I drop target then why did my consultant say it may not be possible even though 9st is still over half a stone over bottom BMI I think. Will her manager agree then?
Shrimpy iam puzzled I ate normally had a couple of bottles of wine at w/e ate my syns did have lots of hm soup which may lose a little as liquidy, but not that much. I am so confused wish there was a SW guide to maintaining properly.

Shrimpy said:
I gained 1.5lbs. I was good, I ate only SW meals and have only had 10syns a day. I hate this shitty upping and downing. Last week I ate virtually the same thing and lost 1.5lbs. I am still eating to lose and I am just losing or gaining... I still haven't actually come out of target, but here I am, top end again. Consider me utterly depressed- as I am always going to have to eat as a loser since I gain even when doing that.

Aww shrimpy, I'm exactly the same. My friend is having extra b's and still losing and I'm having to follow plan as though I'm still losing. You aren't alone.

*hugs* x

Sounds strange, once you set a target and achieve it, you can reduce it however it has to be by 6lbs. So long as your new target is not below a BMI of 20 you should be able to reduce it. That's how I understand it

Fabulous result though lady!! I'm hoping for 2lbs this week to get me target however for the last 3 weeks I've been losing 1lb a week so possibly unrealistic however now I've heard about your loss it's given me a glimmer of hope lol!

Thanks becky xxx Can I drop target then why did my consultant say it may not be possible even though 9st is still over half a stone over bottom BMI I think. Will her manager agree then?
Shrimpy iam puzzled I ate normally had a couple of bottles of wine at w/e ate my syns did have lots of hm soup which may lose a little as liquidy, but not that much. I am so confused wish there was a SW guide to maintaining properly.

I am pretty sure your C is just being an uppity wench to be fair. It's at her discretion- the p.d.a thingie will let her alter it.

I really do wish there was some sort of helpful guidance.

Aww shrimpy, I'm exactly the same. My friend is having extra b's and still losing and I'm having to follow plan as though I'm still losing. You aren't alone.

*hugs* x
:bighug:
Thank you for that. I needed to hear that.

Hi jo:)

First of all very well done for the loss, a fantastic achievement:)

Secondly, I think your consultant is possibly being a bit mean. I decided to call target after maintaining for 6 weeks, I was 6lbs away from target. A few weeks later I had 2 weeks in a row losing 3lbs each week and asked my consultant to change my target back to my original one. No lectures, no hesitation and she said how pleased for me she was that I got to my original goal as she knew I felt disappointed calling target before. She did not once mention needing to discuss it with her manager.

The other target member at group also dropped her target after losing another 7lbs.

So I'm not sure why your consultant was so funny about it. Maybe different area managers are differ in strictness? Who knows.

Main thing is you should be proud of your achievements and don't let the consultant's reaction spoil it.

Shrimpy said:
:bighug:
Thank you for that. I needed to hear that.

this thread is fab, you never realise when you finally reach target that it's just the beginning of a new challenge and journey. Last time I had success with sw I gained all my weight back plus more over a few years and never tried to maintain. This time it's forever:) it helps so much to have support of others in the same situation. It's a shame sw don't do more for us really.

Aww thank you so much for that I am pleased to hear it, thats my story I was 4 away and felt a bit thin in a relatively short time so changed it at 9 and a half to just drop 3 more.
I will text her and see what she says, it does not help that she has had to rejoin as a slimmer as she was very overweight, not sure if thats why, I do not at all mean that meanly but an at target Cons will see it differently than one struggling to lose maybe?? Thats just a question more.

I'm with the others. Your consultant is being arsey. They have discretion as to whether or not to alter Target. AND for that matter, can drop it by as low as 3lb if you have a healthy BMI. If consultants had to contact head office every time someone wanted to move Target they would spend their time constantly on the phone.
Yes, they say 7lb to deter people from calling target too early and then continuing to lose and move it, but she's being ridiculous and petty.

I've often wondered if I should move my target back to what I originally wanted it to be (originally blurted out 10 stone, but realised that I may well have looked emaciated so changed it to 10.5), but as I'm only a few pounds off that and been only a pound away at my lowest, am I allowed to change it? Or will they see it as me just trying to avoid paying say if i had a big loss this week and went to 10.1 or something? then again I think it might be wise to wait until after christmas!!!

And Shrimpy I too eat like I'm still trying to lose, most weeks. Annoying but I have mainly green days now to forfeit meat for extra bread and cereal!

Caz I was the same I wanted 9 st and was my original. A friend same height as I, stopped at 9"7 and looked so thin and people were on at her, so I like you thought I may look emaciated and reset mine at 9 st 4. I don't look any different at my 9 stone now (well just under) hence why I said to her I want to stay at it.

MadameleMinx I could be petulant and say OK reset to 7 lbs as I'm only two away from it anyway, but its my body and health and I am struggling with maintaining without losing to suit others rules. Thanks I am so grateful to be on here.

Hello all, just wanted to pop in to say I hit target yesterday. Totally over the moon, however having read through some of this thread, I can see the fun is just beginning :D

Back