Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

First weigh in maintaining and gained 1lb. Not surprised and back on it today. Going to be really good.

Bit of a shock at WI tonight, I'd planned to speak to Consultant about dropping target as I would like a nice round stone loss, fitting in a size of clothes I am nearly at but too small for next size up and also my target weight top end brings me to over my BMI.

But a bit late I lost 4 and 1/2 pounds!!! :eek: putting me 1 and 1/2 under bottom line.
I then got a lecture about SW not liking people going to a lower target as its abusing the system by not paying.
I said there was no way I had planned this and had never lost that much in previous WI's ever.
She said she will check with main SW manager and get back to me
Cheekily when she asked what I put down the loss to, i said the Corned Beef pasties as she was not happy with me showing a pic of them, read above.

Hehe Ginlin every dog has its day !!

Hope I'm allowed to drop my weight. Confused as seen others ask cons to lower and seems to be OK??? :confused:

I am a bit in shock to have lost that much, trying to support hubby reachinjg target but nothing much different. he lost a pound.
I got slimmer of the week and that was something I never expected to see.

Revenge can be so sweet!;)

Well done on SOTW, and on the amazing loss, even if you don't know how it happened!

Your C seems to be a bit too the book, as there are several in my group who have dropped their target, but only I think if they can't or don't want to gain the weight to go back up to the bottom end of their target.

MadameleMinx I could be petulant and say OK reset to 7 lbs as I'm only two away from it anyway, but its my body and health and I am struggling with maintaining without losing to suit others rules. Thanks I am so grateful to be on here.

My original target was 12st9, and I reset twice, once to 12st and then again to 11st9. Not only did my C move my target so that I didnt have to pay - when I was "in range" of my second target rather than AT it, but she moved it down to 11st 9 which is only 3, because she agreed that I shouldnt go any lower than that (Im a tall bird and 11st 9 actually did make me a bit skeletal in the face.)

Its not like you have been doing this long term from a relatively high BMI to lower - and target members are great advertising for the group leader. I cant help but feel that your consultant is sulking because shes trying to lose again and shes a bit jealous of how well you have done.

And Congratulations and welcome to the heady world of maintenance Trango!!!

First weigh in maintaining and gained 1lb. Not surprised and back on it today. Going to be really good.

That's good, because I'm sure you had a celebration of some kind after getting to Target.

I got to Target, then during the week it was my birthday, so the two celebrations together resulted in a 3.5lbs gain at my next WI

Welcome Trango!!!! I remember I didnt stop dancing around my house when I got back from group and grinning like a loon!! Its also a lovely feeling knowing you can step on the scales for free and dont HAVE to see a loss (unless youre on the outer edges of target and then I get the old 'weigh in sweats' haha!)

Welcome to maintaining. Whatever happens just remember the journey you've taken to get here!

Thanks for the welcome everyone, first 24 hours have been bonkers. Luke, my eldest got knocked out yesterday while playing rugby, had to drive to Dorchester but thankfully just concussion! Anyway this morning I did an impression of someone flying, feet first, till I landed in perfect symmetry with the last four stairs along my neck, shoulders, mid back and across top of pelvis OUCH!
Luke has had a setback tonight and had a nasty turn, very disorientated and sick etc so had to be re admitted for more tests - turns out going for a shower proved too much, pushed up the pressure in his blood and hey presto he was like Bambi on ice!

Fingers crossed no more drama for us for a while :)

Blown it now!
Another 2lbs off, now outside my target range, I have increased my Heb's and have missed doing any exercise this week.
Had a chat with my Consultant and will try one more week having more Heb's and increasing my syns to up to 20/day, if that fails will set a new target at 13st.............

Blown it now!
Another 2lbs off, now outside my target range, I have increased my Heb's and have missed doing any exercise this week.
Had a chat with my Consultant and will try one more week having more Heb's and increasing my syns to up to 20/day, if that fails will set a new target at 13st.............

Hard going isn't it it seems if you are a regular loser it seems to set on a downward path thats hard to stop.:rolleyes:
Nice to have 5 more syns though Pete :)

Hello all, just wanted to pop in to say I hit target yesterday. Totally over the moon, however having read through some of this thread, I can see the fun is just beginning :D

well done on reaching target

I think I might be in for a telling off tomorrow night!! Suspect I;ve lost, if I lose more then 2 I'll be under again. though I have just eaten a whole bag of chocolate fudge and had cake yesterday so that might have saved me!!!

Oh well my cons will be happy I had a bad week so probably could have left off asking her to reduce target and being told off. Had a pub meal and seriously the best option was the steak and ale pie large wedges and peas all the rest were deep fried everything. plus a weekend of being out so away from good foods.

I only lost a pound so still in target (1 pound over threshold).

Want to mantain or even lose this week as have huuuuge weekend coming up after this one, but will miss weigh in after it so will never know the damage!!!

And then almost christmas gah!! I don't want to put on more than 4 over Christmas I'm telling myself....

Jo pub meals are a nightmare aren't they!!! I used to love a good pub meal too, starting with the fried platters normally and finishing with a chocolate dessert, I find them really hard now.

Emsie; at least you're not gaining!!! I'm like a blummin yo-yo but when I first started maintaining I gained for about 4weeks in a row before my body settled down and then I kept losing. But then again I still rarely increase my B choices so that's probably why. I have a fear that if I do I'll suddenly put on loads which is rediculous really!

Back