Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

Jo* said:
Well I lost a half pound all the bad food was overcome by so many missed meals as puppy is so ill. Consultant has the look about her on the Pink Panther films, his police chief the one with the nervous tic, as my new target set last week and I am again under. Oops need to wear heavy clothes for WI.

Ha ha you go girl!! I'd love to see her face!!

Jo* said:
ha Becky I always feel like a naughty child at my group.
How you doing last few days?

I bet you do, your c sounds like an odd sort!

I've picked myself up from my unexpected gain so fingers crossed for Saturday. Thinking about losing my last 2lbs and seeing my target weight on the scales brings tears to my eyes!!

i am so rooting for you this week, its a b==ger getting that last bit gone, hubby was ahead of me and losing way more, but since I got to target its messed with his head and he has been teetering between 3-5 pounds to lose for 7 weeks. Really hard for him as I am getting away with more and yet losing where he is eating same and maintaining or adding. Strange times.
My last two pounds went in a massive loss under my intended target. Hope you smash it, be lovely for Crimbo.

Last edited:
It's funny but I think people automatically presume that you've been 'naughty' when you have a gain and that is sooooo not the case

Thank you for rooting for me! I'll be sure to pop by and update you... That is if you don't hear me squealing with joy first!

Good luck Becky!!! Keep seeing that magic number on the scales! I actually squealed and did a little dance if I remember rightly..

And Jo I always feel like the naughty kid as well!!! I always get looks of death whenever I have an unexpected loss or go under, I cant help it I've just always been to the plan 100% or I see it as wasting money! (obv not paying now but still in same mindset...it worked, so why change!)
I got to target in 25weeks and theres people been there years at the same weight who scoff me, but if they actually put their heart into it I'm sure they would be successful!

Saying that though am really losing focus this week as I know theres no WI; even though I've got the heavy weekend coming up I've been slacking already, ate half my bfs huuuuuge pork pie last night even though I wasn't even hungry!!! Need to refocus I think, my plan to be 'extra good' before the weekend has gone down the swanny! Thinking I might actually try to get to another WI, just to keep me focused!

Yes I did mine fast but I was one of those goody goodies at school, hated not doing what I was told and getting it right, so same as you I know if you follow the rules it works so well. (Consultants need to utilise our successes further past Slimmer of the year etc)

Now Missus pork pie *tuts* bet it was nice though.:D

I've been reading this thread for a while, got to target in June but never managed to stay there...holidays/birthdays meant I gained!! Anyway, got back to target 2 weeks ago and have managed to maintain for 2 weeks...boy it's hard! I actually wouldn't mind losing another 2lbs before Christmas so I can treat myself but I'm already feeling in the Christmas spirit...damn quality streets!! I've spent 5 months getting back to target so here's hoping I won't ruin it again! Hope you don't mind me joining you! :) x

Hiya peeps.

I've been reading for a while but finally hit target 2 weeks ago and then went on hols and gained 1.3 kg (2.86 lbs) - so still in range . . . JUST

So on plan to get rid of that. Grrrrr
And I'm freezin' cold and just want to eat rubbish. Bigger Grrrrr

What I need though is some advice on how to maintain.

I'm a "do it alone at home" girl (live in Spain with no classes) and as far as I can see there is bu**er all advice on the SW website what to do once you reach target.

So any hints and tips from those of you that have been here for a while, or do still go to class, greatly appreciated.

I did it, I did it, I did it!!!!! For once in my life I haven't given up and I have got to target! In fact I smashed my target by losing 3lbs which takes me to 1lb under!

I am one happy lady today! I don't ever remember being this weight

Hi All, 5 months ago I would have qualified to be on here as I hit target and maintained for 18 months, at my last class weigh-in in July I was half a pound over my upper target limit, not much to get rid of I thought, however, due to being at work for the next 3 weigh-ins I'm afraid to say that the half pound crept up and up and because I didn't want to have to pay at class (possibly this is where I went very wrong) I decided not to go again until I was back in range and now here I am with 11 lbs to lose. Doh!
I'm trying to get back there, but it is quite difficult at this time of year, plus I have just been on hols for a few days... I'll keep at it though and get there, eventually!! x

I did it, I did it, I did it!!!!! For once in my life I haven't given up and I have got to target! In fact I smashed my target by losing 3lbs which takes me to 1lb under!

I am one happy lady today! I don't ever remember being this weight

Congratulations Becky!!!!!! What a great Christmas present to yourself :)

MadameLaMinx said:
Congratulations Becky!!!!!! What a great Christmas present to yourself :)

Thank you do much! I don't think I've stopped smiling since 9am when I stepped on the scales at group!

8'13 for me. I really havent been following properly, uni is incredibly stressful at the moment, deadlines due the week we go on holiday. Ive just been eating whatever. What is clear is that this time last year is when the weight started to pile on :S

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Very happy as had a 1lb loss this wk ( only weigh in class every 4 wks now).

Also can't believe it is a year since hitting target, it is not easy but easier than I thought, just because I have never been able to maintain before!

Starting the new year for only the second time in my adult life without going on a 'diet' :) Plan is to enjoy xmas but maintain. Still have bad times and still can't stop myself when I have chocolate in the house but have learn't to walk past all the offers in shops and not buy it in. When I do have a blow out, get to back to basics quickly and undo the damage:rolleyes:

Hope all maintainers have a fab Christmas! :party0036:

catxx said:
Very happy as had a 1lb loss this wk ( only weigh in class every 4 wks now).

Also can't believe it is a year since hitting target, it is not easy but easier than I thought, just because I have never been able to maintain before!

Starting the new year for only the second time in my adult life without going on a 'diet' :) Plan is to enjoy xmas but maintain. Still have bad times and still can't stop myself when I have chocolate in the house but have learn't to walk past all the offers in shops and not buy it in. When I do have a blow out, get to back to basics quickly and undo the damage:rolleyes:

Hope all maintainers have a fab Christmas! :party0036:
That's great! Happy Christmas Cat!

My hubby asked me yesterday what my new years resolutions would be, had a little think, and this is the first year I will not be wanting to lose weight!!!

Only on my third week maintaining so I've got a long way to go...esp over Christmas!!! Xx

Mind if I join you guys? I've reached target a few weeks ago, but keep losing, so I'll just have to adjust my target as I'm not too worried about further losses. Another 3 or 3.5 lbs and I've got a total loss of 10 stone, which would be a nice round figure.

I'm also gaining / growing muscle, so for me to still lose is actually quite nice.

Hopefully in Jan / Feb 2012 I'll come to the point where I'll really try to maintain.

Check out my before and after pics gallery. ;-)

Back