Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

Tom_River said:
Mind if I join you guys? I've reached target a few weeks ago, but keep losing, so I'll just have to adjust my target as I'm not too worried about further losses. Another 3 or 3.5 lbs and I've got a total loss of 10 stone, which would be a nice round figure.

I'm also gaining / growing muscle, so for me to still lose is actually quite nice.

Hopefully in Jan / Feb 2012 I'll come to the point where I'll really try to maintain.

Check out my before and after pics gallery. ;-)

10 stone!!! Wow! That's AMAZING!!! Well done!!! :)

That's great! Happy Christmas Cat!

My hubby asked me yesterday what my new years resolutions would be, had a little think, and this is the first year I will not be wanting to lose weight!!!

Only on my third week maintaining so I've got a long way to go...esp over Christmas!!! Xx

Thank you! Getting to target just before xmas is difficult on the other side you really don't want undo all your hard work so hopefully you be fine. Good luck and well done! :) x

Mind if I join you guys? I've reached target a few weeks ago, but keep losing, so I'll just have to adjust my target as I'm not too worried about further losses. Another 3 or 3.5 lbs and I've got a total loss of 10 stone, which would be a nice round figure.

I'm also gaining / growing muscle, so for me to still lose is actually quite nice.

Hopefully in Jan / Feb 2012 I'll come to the point where I'll really try to maintain.

Check out my before and after pics gallery. ;-)

Well done Tom and welcome! An amazing achievement :)

Another pound off running around after puppy and lots of grabbing food at very intermittent times as poor thing is oon a small meals as ill, yet so painfully thin. I feel bad eating around him and he is so scared to be left alone.
I am half a pound near going 3 under target, not good.

Hello newbies!! Welcome to the group and congratulations!

Everyone seems to be having a good week! (Except me...thank GOD I couldnt make weigh in after my weekend...6days of continous cake. No, really....horrendous) Im trying to have a good week this week but MORE cake yesterday at my team meeting (and a white roll...you dont do any brown? seriously....?) and lots of wine planned for Fri night....but hopefully won't be tooo much damage before Christmas! Doubt I'll be at bottom of target though like I wanted but only got myself to blame! Am taking my eye off the ball...

congratulations to all those who hit target, always good to see people get there, well done

Hiya peeps - well done to all you maintainers.

Me? I'm doing a fantastic job of maintaining. But unfortunately its at 2.86 lb over target - which I put on immediately after getting there (dreaded holiday!)
Struggling at the mo as well - just keep wanting to eat comfort food because I'm soooo cold. Must be all the lack of blubber!!!

Well I'm gutted after my WI yesterday. I went with he expectation that I was going to lose when in actual fact a gained 1lb and I stuck to the plan. God only knows what would happen if increased my hex's?!

I guess I have something to aim for this week.

Becky, maintaining is all little ups and downs. If you expect to stay exactly at target every week you are likely to be disappointed. There are always natural fluctuations, which is why we have a 3lb each way range to play with. Don't beat yourself up over a tiddly little gain. You didn't just regain all the weight you lost, you just had a little fluctuation which if there is no tangible reason for, will be likely gone again next week.

Things that give me fluctuations include *week, coming down with a cold or other illness, a lack of "movement" for a couple of days, salty meal the night before etc. Really, honestly, don't worry about it. It happens.

Thanks for the advice MLM. I was actually trying to lose last week to give myself a cushion hence my surprise. If I'd have been trying to maintain it wouldn't have been such a sock!

Hey ho! Our bodies work in mysterious ways some times!

Did you never have this happen while you were losing then? If you were trying to lose then definitely there's something a little remiss, I reckon you'll catch up this week.

Buenos Días mis amigos

Feliz Navidad to you all

Off on holibobs for a few days so enjoy yourself over Christmas but keep it SW friendly if you can!

Pommette said:
Buenos Días mis amigos

Feliz Navidad to you all

Off on holibobs for a few days so enjoy yourself over Christmas but keep it SW friendly if you can!

Happy holidays!!! Have a fantastic time and a fantastic Christmas!! X

Hello all you lovely maintainers! I've just read through this entire thread (not all in one go lol) and can see how it difficult it is for a lot of us. Some great support on this thread though and as a new maintainer I'm really pleased to be able to join. Well done MadameLaMinx for starting it.

Currently I'm eating to lose but staying the same or gaining - well I was before christmas, now I'm eating to gain lol! Is that what's still happening to you Shrimpy?

Have a great christmas everyone - nadolig llawen!

Last edited:
I'm not asking for much from Father Christmas this Xmas to be honest, just 2lb loss this week as a minimum to take me into the 10's!

I shall just eat all the goodies and enjoy going to wi on Wednesday for my loss. Thanks Santa - I believe! :) :D

Nadolig Llawen and Happy Christmas to you all xxx

I've sts this week - really wanted a loss to give me a bit of moving room to eat this weekend but nevermind, I'm exactly at target, so I'm happy! Going to try and stay on plan until tomorrow night... Have a fantastic Christmas everyone! Xxx

Back