Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

Currently I'm eating to lose but staying the same or gaining - well I was before christmas, now I'm eating to gain lol! Is that what's still happening to you Shrimpy?

Have a great christmas everyone - nadolig llawen!

Still happening. I don't know why, my C doesn't know why, but I'll just keep plodding along.

Merry Xmas to you too! :)

WI on crimbo eve and I lost 1.5lb... I most happy as that outs me 1.5lb under my target

Merry Christmas everyone! x

Last edited:
4.5lbs on, I'm so disappointed with myself. I'm also 1lb out of target range. Must get back to it and stop sitting between the mince pies and cheese.

Commiserations Tiphareth. You'll soon get that off though. I weigh in later on today - nervous!

Judgment day today, I am still struggling with losing, I ate awful stuff the weeke before Christmas after seeing I was 2 and 1/2 pound under target. I mean awful stuff and lost 1/2 pound. I ate takeaways mince pies chocs white bread, butter. Battered cod you name it.
This sounds like heaven but its not, I like eating well but lose weight its as if my body decided to carry on going.
I have the rescue pup having me up and down as he is emotionally abused and walking him is extra body magic possibly lack of sleep as he suffers with seperation anxiety. So this possibly has kept my weight dropping, but I dont actually want to lose any and I look a bit too thin.
I don't want to eat junk ever again so this is the 2nd week of eating badly just to gain. I feel like I have put on and its a toughie as I don't want to put on but don't want to pay for losses!
Wish me luck!

Hi Jo

I'm interested to know about your puppy.., we got one in september, he wasn't a rescue dog however he absolutely hates being left on his own which is really really hard work. Apart from that he's wonderful. If you have any ideas or suggestions that help im all ears

I hope WI works in your favour this week x

2lbs on happy I wont have to pay so only 1 under target. But the effort of eating bad stuff to do it for two weeks is not how I want to do my weight maintenance.

Puppy cries if I go upstairs i have a stair gate. The crate is sort of settling him, everybody said it would he hated it but I feel him in it and put treats in and his toys so slowly the nights of howling are slowing to whines. But howls as I leave. I asked a neighbour to check and he said he yowled for 15 minutes only and then checked every 15 and he was quiet the whole time. A top of tshirt that smells of you works, somebody has suggested radio when i go out or upstairs as its human noise and may help.

I am having hassle housetraining he is so old and onled ever caged so no idea that he cannot go wherever. also rough biting which we are trying to stop he was with a brother and treats us like a fellow pup when playing.

Commiserations Tiphareth. You'll soon get that off though. I weigh in later on today - nervous!

Thank you, I'm sure I will, back on it 100% now and upping my superfree foods as I'm aiming for 5lbs off this week.

Good luck with your weigh in.

Jo* said:
2lbs on happy I wont have to pay so only 1 under target. But the effort of eating bad stuff to do it for two weeks is not how I want to do my weight maintenance.

Puppy cries if I go upstairs i have a stair gate. The crate is sort of settling him, everybody said it would he hated it but I feel him in it and put treats in and his toys so slowly the nights of howling are slowing to whines. But howls as I leave. I asked a neighbour to check and he said he yowled for 15 minutes only and then checked every 15 and he was quiet the whole time. A top of tshirt that smells of you works, somebody has suggested radio when i go out or upstairs as its human noise and may help.

I am having hassle housetraining he is so old and onled ever caged so no idea that he cannot go wherever. also rough biting which we are trying to stop he was with a brother and treats us like a fellow pup when playing.

We've tried the leaving an item of clothing and leaving the tv on, even tried a warm water bottle. He's got wise to it now and he nows when we are going out and won't go in the kitchen even when I put food in the bowl he won't budge if he think we are leaving him

The only other thing I can think to do is record out voices and leave it playing? He's almost 6 months old now

Well done for you 2lbs on... Your money can safely stay in your pocket now!

I use special treats hot dog, bacon and just basically have to lift him in to the crate occasionally but underweight so easier. I'm only going for short trips, no longer than 1 hour if I can manage.
May have cracked the going upstairs, just took for a long walk so halfway to too tired to fuss. Then went upstairs he yowled screeched and carried on, as soon as he stopped I came back down and rewarded quickly repeated umpteen times, (think I may have lost two pounds now :rolleyes:)
Finally he got fed up with carrying on will see later if I'm right.
Maybe that will be the key to yours if you put in room lock up as if going out shut front door, wait to see when stops and come back in, then repeat. Its about losing the fear of it I read.
maybe the voices will work maybe upsetting not sure.

Happy new year everyone x

Happy new year everyone!! Havent been on for aages, been at my parents and dont have ready access to the net!!

Its been a right odd one!! After the trip to Edinburgh and constant cake I lost, meaning at Christmas week I was 2pounds under target so was really looking forward to Christmas eating!!! I didn't totally binge, had what I fancied and stuck to plan other than that. However I still had trouble 'letting go' and didn't go as wild as I really wanted to. Didnt dare get weighed inbetween christmas and new year cos didn't think I'd put on the 2pounds I needed....

Another week of eating cake and sweets etc, went to group last night and another 1.5 loss! Taking me 3.5 under target! Was gobsmacked! THankfully my consultant said I can change my target to 10...meaning I am hovering 1.5 under it at the moment. Have a horrid feeling now I've changed it I'll gain all the Christmas syns haha but will just have to see!!!

Rather lower it than have to almost force myself to eat more crap! Will see how I go maintaining this target..fingers crossed!

Back