Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

thankfully back in target range after a week of being out of it, just glad I managed to claw it back and for it to not be the start of a continued weight gain.

Happy New Year maintainers!

Not a great start with a 5lb :eek: gain at class today. Have got to really focus and get back to basics. Before all the festivities I was happy not to go mad over Xmas and New Year but that changed when I was bought a wine box and litre bottle of Bailey's! Not to mention the rest. I have enjoyed it but that makes it harder to get back on track in a way. Made that first step going back to class I suppose but just not feeling very positive at the mo :(

Last edited:
well done for making it back to class though, its so easy to think nah I'll just miss this week and give myself a bit longer to get the weight off....and we all know where that leads!!

If you get back to basics you should be fine :) But I know what you mean, when I started to eat sweets and cake the more I wanted it, and now im back home and starting at what I have left thinking I can't go a day without it, yet never bothered with it really the whole way to target!!!!

Well I carried on eating as I was the three under target, added two over Christmas which made me feel better, now lost a pound. I know that the extra walking puppy and dashing about playing with him, up and down to see where he is and what he has got his teeth round id definite body magic. But I don't need it to lose. I need to add and am so hating eating rubbish to try and add. I may add more dairy in a healthier way another HexA. So hard as I va not been at target since first one in October, reset to 9 stone and still under.
Its hard as hubby is still needing to lose and so I also am aware I am eating as if to lose to make it easier for him. He has a pound to go but on painkillers steroids and feeling low so finding it hard to lose that last one. Dr said he should change the eating habits as long term its not healthy (cant see that pasta rice potatoes, fresh meat fruit and veg is bad for us)
Good luck all with the gains I reckon you will get them all under control.

Right I'm biting the bullet and going back tonight!! Expecting a very big gain as I haven't been since November but need to get back to my target as my clothes are getting tight!!

Good for you Jenny!!! Fingers crossed its not as bad as you think!! :)

I lost 2lb today which puts me 1lb under my target range so if I don't lower my target I will need to put on 1lb or I'll have to pay

Hubby text me to say that's enough now when I told him I'd lost 2lb which I am over the moon about however I really want to lower my target which would mean losing another 3lbs

Not sure that to do now...

I thought to lower your target it had to be by 7lbs or have I got that wrapped round my head?
WI wasn't as bad as I thought 5.5lb on since 16th nov x

jennyc_uk said:
I thought to lower your target it had to be by 7lbs or have I got that wrapped round my head?
WI wasn't as bad as I thought 5.5lb on since 16th nov x

Yes that's correct you have to lower it by 7lbs.. My current target is 9st 6lb & I'm thinking of lowering it to 8st 13lb

I had the same predicament, and after having to eat just for the sake of eating in order to put on half a pound or a pound, and one week still coming in 2pounds under I chatted to my consultant and we lowered mine by just 5 pounds instead of me paying, because it was obvious my body was happier slightly lower, but unlikely that I was going to be able to mantain the whole 7pounds under.

Worth having a chat with them

I hope to goodness I haven't lost again this week, if I have I'm getting checked for a tapeworm haha!

BeckyT said:
Yes that's correct you have to lower it by 7lbs.. My current target is 9st 6lb & I'm thinking of lowering it to 8st 13lb

Ahhh I'm with you! I have got it slightly wrapped round my head - you get 3lbs each way but those 3lbs don't technically count in terms of your actual agreed target weight lol sorry I get it now.
If you adjust it by 3 your always likely to be slightly above your actual target weight rather than the bottom of it which might be difficult to maintain if you go on holiday for example. At present you've got 7lb to play with on special occasions. I know that's not the point but I think we have to be realistic as well.
I've gained 5.5lb in about 6 weeks - if I'd been at the bottom end of my target rather than slightly above target I wouldn't be as worried x

My C has just text me to say that she has spoken to head office and they will let me change my target to 9st 2lbs as it puts my BMI at 20.6

It really is amazing what a difference 2lbs can make, i knew when i went to get weighed this week that I'd lost as I could really notice a difference in my body shape. I feel a lot happier at 9st 2lbs than I did at 9st 6lbs, so that's it, my target has offically been changed! :party0011:

We go on holibobs in 10 weeks so at least I can drop to the bottom of my target range which will be 8st 13lbs as I will be bound to put on some weight whilst we are away and I can just relax and enjoy my holiday :party0036:

BeckyT said:
My C has just text me to say that she has spoken to head office and they will let me change my target to 9st 2lbs as it puts my BMI at 20.6

It really is amazing what a difference 2lbs can make, i knew when i went to get weighed this week that I'd lost as I could really notice a difference in my body shape. I feel a lot happier at 9st 2lbs than I did at 9st 6lbs, so that's it, my target has offically been changed! :party0011:

We go on holibobs in 10 weeks so at least I can drop to the bottom of my target range which will be 8st 13lbs as I will be bound to put on some weight whilst we are away and I can just relax and enjoy my holiday :party0036:

That's great news!!!! :)

I've also just had my target reduced from 14 st 13lbs to 14 st 3lbs... 9.5lbs below target before Christmas. According to parents' scale in Germany I had gained 6lbs over Crimbo. But last week's weigh just showed a 1lbs gain. Weighed myself on Wii today and looks like Wednesday is another loss.

Just can't seem to maintain at the minute. Argh.

The official line from SW is 7lb, yes. But your consultant has the discretion to be able to alter it to whatever, it doesnt have to be the full 7lb. The reason they say 7lb is to stop people from losing a bit, then calling target, then losing enough to put them out of range, then calling it again, and then doing the same thing over and over till they finally get to their bottom end target. If you do that, then you arent paying them anything for the majority of your loss. However, the consultants are usually happy enough to drop it by less, if you have been going for a while, they know you, and know you arent doing it deliberately just to get away with freebies.

FINALLY a gain!!!! 1.5 puts me smack bang in the middle of my new target range. Which is ok. Though I don't want to gain anymore really, I always get nervous when at top end!!

Tom I know the feeling I have been under my old target for weeks and couldnt seem to gain or maintain, but my new target should hopefully do the trick :)

Well I lost 4lbs so that gets rid of the christmas bloat and puts me a pound below target. Some amazing losses in class today - 10lbs, 9lbs and lots of 4/5lb losses - people shifting the xmas weight I think!

Back