Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

5.5lb off this week do everything I'd gain since I last went to group is off. I'm 1lb over my actual target (but back in range) but this when I struggle most. Partly cos I dont feel I have to try as hard but also cos I think my body is happy in this general weight area lol
I'm determined to have a good "2nd week" so we shall see how we do. I want to get to bottom of my target range

Me too Hun, but glad to have lost the 1lb plus another to get me ack in range, I so want to get into the next stone bracket :)

Thats great Jen, pretty painless then!!!!

I feel eurgh this week have a little pot belly going on not sure where its come from haha but it wants to disappear pretty quickly....!!

Well after setting my target mid week I got weighed this morning and I'd put 0.5lb which wasnt really maintaing, I'd just carried on with the plan!

I think my body is staring to work in cycles.. I lose for a week or two and then I have a small gain. I'm ok with it btw, it'll be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks! I go on holibobs in 9 more WI's and I'd like to be at the bottom of my target

1st unofficial weigh in after the holiday makes me 9'. I wont believe it until I have weighed on tuesday, but I am alright until then.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Any maintainers planning to make any changes this year to how they maintain or to target etc?
I think from when I got to target after a while I started just having a play and don't think I want to carry on like that!
What I mean is having a bit of a binge at weekends (allowing myself nights off) and then trying to lose it etc I think I am going to try going to group regularly so have to face the scales rather than thinking oh I can have a 'night off' then not go to weigh in for a couple of weeks etc
I think once have got rid of the xmas gain and got on track I may also lower my target by 9lbs as well ....will have to see how it all goes :rolleyes:

Good question! I think maintaining is an art in itself! I carried on as normal last week and gained 0.5lb and I didn't do anything different from any other week when I was losing?! I think I've just got to the stage where I haven't got a great deal left to lose even if I wanted to so I think my body is just fluctuating without do anything majorly different

This last week has been my first official maintenance week since reaching the new lower target.

I've not really been on any SW plan. Just ate sensibly and didn't have any alcohol. But quite a few sweets and snacks in between. If I'd counted syns, I'd be over my 105 a week. Definitely. But I exercised a lot as well this week. If the Wii is right it'll be a 1 pound gain. Was half a pound under last week. So I'm alright. ;-)

I am 4lbs under target, ironic as after hassle with Cons, if you remember telling me when I lost 4 and 1/2 after eating normally. I was not allowed to drop target by 4lbs as Head Office didn't like it and then another cons and lots of lovelies on here saying it was her that changes it.
Now I have spent week eating junk I don't want to. New puppy means my body magic is full on just when I want to work on maintaining and all the usual upping hexb's etc have done nothing.
I ate fish and chips, white bread, cupcakes, more chips, then normal SW meals (that I now prefer by the way) i lost 1 1/2 pounds.

Hellpppppp!! I don't want to eat unhealthily just to gain weight, thats how it all started for most of us?
Really need to see SW help maintainers, this has been the hardest part.

Jo*, I totally agree!

Maintaining is like a game of Russian Roulette, and my weight fluctuates during the week by far larger amounts now that I am maintaining, and yes, I know, I shouldn't scale hop, but it is kind of my safety blanket:confused:

Yes thats the new legacy of maintaining being hard, I had never weighed at home. I never knew what I was losing or gaining while trying to lose. I felt if I just ate correctly the WI scales would show it and I lost every week bar two.
Now I have bought scales first time in my life to try and maintain as I don't want to pay for a loss (does this paying for a loss while in BMI not in itself seem daft?) :confused:
Christmas was the one time I expected to gain, homemade mincepies, h/m Christmas cake, all the usual eating, I maintained and then New year week I lost!! :eek:

I love my healthy food now, feel my body complaining if I eat sugars and fats. :)

Sw needs to recognise the ones who have done it, support us to stay there and work on helping ways to maintain.
The only advice I got when asking what I should do was enjoy it, add an extra HEXB and keep weighing in! I have asked what I should do last week suggested eat fish and chips every day. :eek::eek:

I actually feel guilty that I am complaining in group about losses when others are not there yet, but need to ask for advice.

I can safely say that every member of my group who is at Target, weighs at home, albeit not every day, but a couple of times a week to keep it in check.

I dropped under my Target range at the beginning of December, and wore heavy bootleg jeans to WI, which I know is silly, but gave me more leeway over Christmas.

God id live to be at the bottom! I lost 5.5lb last week and I had been off plan before so it was like a first week loss but it seemed more than I expected so expecting a gain despite being on plan :(

Well done Jenny, I see you are at target, thats great. :happy096:

I don't mind being at the bottom, would rather be at top as I know what to do, its being under the bottom, the fact I'm told I have to pay for something I have actually acheived in October and have been battling to stay at since, :innocent0001: in Feb I will actually have been battling trying to add weight as long as it took to lose it. I lostthrough hard work and advice on how to gain apart from eating junk is non existent. At the top end I knew what I needed to do, rules were simple a third superfree 15 syns allowance, it so works. Now underweight there are no rules to adding it back on in a healthy way.:(

Grass is always greener or so the saying goes.

I think there needs to be some better advice than 'increase B choices', as when I was badly under I was on 3/4 B choices a day and still losing 1/2 pounds a week, and even over the christmas fortnight I lost about 3.5 and my consultant said well done and made an example of me to prove you can lose over christmas (despite me stuffing my face with crap so not valid) and i actually had to stand there and say um no not well done, im way under target.....

things stabilised now i reset it, hovering about the mid range which is fair enough but I'm not back to following plan 100% as now if i increase my B choices I gain immediately. Its a strange ol' world maintaining.......!

I know I got Slimmer of the week when I lost 4 and a half, done nothing to tryand lose eaten two takeaways that week and even with that, put me under target. Given a basket of fruit but warned I will pay if I don't gain. Its mixed messages.
SW site still says if a target member maintains the same message and today when i add that I have put on a tiny half a pound an 'Oh Dear, don't be down, perhaps your cons can suggest ways to help with the losses' message as if its a bad thing. Yet I just scraped in to my bottom target.

To acheive this I have eaten sticky toffee pudding, crusty baguettes, a gel filled bra, jeans in stead of leggings, thick wooly socks instead of bare feet and avoided going to the loo this morning. Yes and I lost that half pound when I got home.

There certainly does need to be good nutritional advice that helps maintain around the target for life and not a yoyo balancing of weight fluctuations either end.
The best news today is hubby not only reached target but is 2 pounds under so now his maintainence journey starts.

oh thats brilliant for hubby! well done him. he can join in the fun now haha!!!

I agree, I really really hate the fact that I went from target, to under, to needing to eat crap really just for the sake of it, I didnt enjoy it much of the time, i didnt need it and it certainly wasnt benefitting my body or health in any way...to managing to scrape back into target and suddenly jumping back on plan again. I dont think its a very sustainable approach, because one day I might just get fed up and try to go it alone! and the old habits will be back in a flash

and the website really really annoys me haha! I only have 1.5 to my next award...no, I don't want my next award! that would be awarding me for going under target.....!!!! Def mixed messages. Would it be so hard to change it to say 'well done for maintaining another week...still in target, keep it up' or something??

Back