Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

1/2off - 1/2 to b back bang on target x

Hello Again!!

Hi folks

Haven`t posted for a few weeks life got in the way over Christmas then I had a chest infection ( better now).

Gained 2lbs but still within target range so I can live with that. Gotta get my head back in gear to be 100% back on plan. Not gonna give up now.

Annie

GrannieAnnie said:
Hi folks

Haven`t posted for a few weeks life got in the way over Christmas then I had a chest infection ( better now).

Gained 2lbs but still within target range so I can live with that. Gotta get my head back in gear to be 100% back on plan. Not gonna give up now.

Annie

Too right not after all that work getting here. 2lb gain and still in target range, way to go :D

+ 2lb this week, I'm 1 above target so fine and I did eat a load of crap for 4 days so not surprised but I can't seem to get this right! Whenever I go under target I feel like, hooray, I can eat whatever I like....then I gain and feel annoyed at myself and go back on plan...I don't like feeling this way!!!

B's lovely lady said:
+ 2lb this week, I'm 1 above target so fine and I did eat a load of crap for 4 days so not surprised but I can't seem to get this right! Whenever I go under target I feel like, hooray, I can eat whatever I like....then I gain and feel annoyed at myself and go back on plan...I don't like feeling this way!!!

I'm with u on this. But only just started maintaining.

Maintaining is harrrrrrddddd haha. I'm like a blummin yo-yo!!!! But just redone my measurements and I'm now a 28inch waist......meaning since I started my journey in March 2011 I've shrunk by 10 inches. I did a pretty epic happy dance round my bedroom haha.

Heres to a good week everyone!!!

Do you find it all a bit less motivating now your at target? I keep saying I want to get to the bottom but I just haven't got the motivation because I'm not having to pay and I don't get stickers anymore lol - silly how much those little stickers mean lol

jennyc_uk said:
Do you find it all a bit less motivating now your at target? I keep saying I want to get to the bottom but I just haven't got the motivation because I'm not having to pay and I don't get stickers anymore lol - silly how much those little stickers mean lol

Yes, I so easily fall into the trap of thinking "it's ok I'm at target I can allow myself to be off plan" and then finding out I'm heading towards the top of my target range.

I save collecting my body magic stickers until I was at target so I'm still getting stickers. It would be nice to get one for every month or 3 at target.

I know the feeling Tom! Find it hard to relax, whatever the occasion. But then I look at how far I've come and know its def worth it :)

another half off for me, so still hovering around mid target happily :)

....but I'm always worrying what I'm eating, if I gain a pound etc it freaks me out!! I've been falling back into bad habits at work because I'm at target! But hey, it's better than what it was like before!!!

*nods* I know what you mean about getting into bad habits. I'm not so bad now, but still have moments! I'm happier now I changed my target though, before when it was higher I was chuffed I hit it obv, but then because it wasnt where I really wanted to be (I raised it when we thought it was too ambitious) I freaked out if I wasnt right near the bottom end of it. Now I've lowered it to the original one, even being smack on target I feel a lot more comfortable, and know that even if I wanted to lose anymore (which I don't as I would look horriffic!) it would be a real struggle. So now the odd gain is fine because I know overall I'm at a happier place :)

x

Caz_Mnaz said:
*nods* I know what you mean about getting into bad habits. I'm not so bad now, but still have moments! I'm happier now I changed my target though, before when it was higher I was chuffed I hit it obv, but then because it wasnt where I really wanted to be (I raised it when we thought it was too ambitious) I freaked out if I wasnt right near the bottom end of it. Now I've lowered it to the original one, even being smack on target I feel a lot more comfortable, and know that even if I wanted to lose anymore (which I don't as I would look horriffic!) it would be a real struggle. So now the odd gain is fine because I know overall I'm at a happier place :)

x

I couldn't have put this better myself!

I'm exactly the same, when I reached my first target I was really happy however I wanted to get to the bottom of my target range. I decided to lower it and I'm really happy being bang on target. For me to lose another 3lbs, one it would be really tough and two, you would notice a massive difference as I really don't need to lose any more, I'd look all gaunt

I couldn't have put this better myself!

I'm exactly the same, when I reached my first target I was really happy however I wanted to get to the bottom of my target range. I decided to lower it and I'm really happy being bang on target. For me to lose another 3lbs, one it would be really tough and two, you would notice a massive difference as I really don't need to lose any more, I'd look all gaunt

Thats the same for me, my first target was like Caz's set back higher as I too felt it was over ambitious. At the bottom end of it which I hit quite quickly I was still looking at it being better than actual target. Plus it meant I was no longer between clothes sizes which was frustrating. I now if I can stay within the 6 pounds look OK and feel OK. To drop target again despite being easily within my BMI would be too much I believe.
I do need help to maintain more than I needed to lose though.

Maybe I'll think about reducing it, then if I do gain at target I'll still be generally happy- that's the theory anyway!! Hope I will be happy! I do sw at home so it's not an issue changing it, maybe just by 2lbs. I don't want to look too gaunt either. I think the way I think about my weight when i put on a lb or 2 is rather psychological not about my physically feeling bigger!!!

It really is, I mean who will notice a 2pound gain physically, noone. But you know its there so you automatically see and feel it.

Am really annoyed at myself, had a bake sale at work yesterday and i just went CRAZZZZY. I had about 8 large pieces of really really stodgey choc brownie (was amaaazing though), about 5 fudge cookies, and endless pieces of my own shortbread I made. Just feel so disappointed with myself, there was no need to go that nuts it was just cos it was available all day. and then when I got home just before bed I ate the brownie I brough back for my OH!!! Even though I'd literally just had my second a and b choice minutes earlier (which was also not even needed.....). Blarg. Feeling the guilt today.....

Back