Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

ahhhh good old my fitness pal. I was on that before SW, but sadly became so obsessed with counting calories I was close to developing an eating disorder. Hence me joining SW as it was recommended to me because there was no calorie counting and I could lose weight in a healthy way.

in terms of portion sizes etc, I find that its no problem at all. For example I had 2/3ds of a shepherds pie I made at the weekend, and I don't find it affects my weight, been maintaining for 6months now. I mean obv you have to be sensible, I don't have stupid sized portions, but if its a free meal and I'm hungry I don't think twice about going for seconds!

had mega fudge binge at the weekend though (thorntons chocolate covered fudge....a leftover birthday present!) and realised it was out of date so finished it off. Over half the box eep when I made a half assed attempt to work out syns I got to 80 and stopped!!!! Will see if its had chance to affect tonights WI yet!

I've lost weight by counting calories before I went to SW. So now that I'm at target I try to combine the two by using the MyFitnessPal app & website. Not using their automated calorie suggestions though. I went with Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs as I know my body fat percentage.
Do you do a diary on here that could see how this works?

ahhhh good old my fitness pal. I was on that before SW, but sadly became so obsessed with counting calories I was close to developing an eating disorder. Hence me joining SW as it was recommended to me because there was no calorie counting and I could lose weight in a healthy way.

in terms of portion sizes etc, I find that its no problem at all. For example I had 2/3ds of a shepherds pie I made at the weekend, and I don't find it affects my weight, been maintaining for 6months now. I mean obv you have to be sensible, I don't have stupid sized portions, but if its a free meal and I'm hungry I don't think twice about going for seconds!

had mega fudge binge at the weekend though (thorntons chocolate covered fudge....a leftover birthday present!) and realised it was out of date so finished it off. Over half the box eep when I made a half assed attempt to work out syns I got to 80 and stopped!!!! Will see if its had chance to affect tonights WI yet!
I love(d?) sw for the weight loss but am finding the maintaining different. They say its a healthy eating plan for life but is it? Or is it a healthy weight loss plan that doesn't show a realistic way of maintaining for life :eek::confused::confused: how realistic really is oh just increase your healthy extra's?
Sorry if this sounds really negative its just something have to figure out for myself so I can maintain my weightloss happily and realistically without stressing about the lbs all the time ......don't really want to start stressing about calories either but if they would help at times maybe I should develop my knowledge of them :confused:

*Emsie* said:
Do you do a diary on here that could see how this works?

I love(d?) sw for the weight loss but am finding the maintaining different. They say its a healthy eating plan for life but is it? Or is it a healthy weight loss plan that doesn't show a realistic way of maintaining for life :eek::confused::confused: how realistic really is oh just increase your healthy extra's?
Sorry if this sounds really negative its just something have to figure out for myself so I can maintain my weightloss happily and realistically without stressing about the lbs all the time ......don't really want to start stressing about calories either but if they would help at times maybe I should develop my knowledge of them :confused:

I'm right there with you babe. It seems more stressful maintaining than looking for a loss every week. I just hope it becomes easier and I don't have to be thinking of food all the time.

Its tricky I admit, but I think it is def a change for life, for me anyway. Ie I will always use the recipes and the little tricks for replacing items (using quark, ff etc). Im finding that I can let myself go at a weekend say and not suffer in terms of my weight, but I do generally stick to 1 B choice a bit scared to increase. Though might try it this week as am 1.5off bottom end of target so if I gain a pound or two nothing major!

I don't know if counting calories is really for us maintainers. It appears almost as a step back for me, the longer I'm doing it. So, sorry I made such a suggestion. ;) I'm trying and testing what works for me at the moment.
Oh....ok then lol :p

Its tricky I
admit, but I think it is def a change for life, for me anyway. Ie I will always use the recipes and the little tricks for replacing items (using quark, ff etc). Im finding that I can let myself go at a weekend say and not suffer in terms of my weight, but I do generally stick to 1 B choice a bit scared to increase. Though might try it this week as am 1.5off bottom end of target so if I gain a pound or two nothing major!
Thats what I mean though really, there's no realistic maintenance plan so we have to find our own way of doing it so we can have stuff at weekends etc its a shame that we don't get extra syns or something but I suppose we have to work out for ourselves what we can and can't get away with but then that contradicts the sw way as its not in a controlled way.
I'm just trying to work it all out and what doesn't work for me is having weeks off over christmas and then having to battleto get back into target :( lesson learnt there!

I think I'm lucky in the sense that I rarely use more than 5syns a day, so at a weekend I have more to use. But I don't have every weekend off, I'll go for dinner once a fortnight or soemthing, or have a choccy binge every other saturday night, but stick to plan as if I'm still trying to lose apart from that.

For me I know I need the more rigid control, or I would slowly slip and slip......

One of the main things I think I've learnt from SW is that going off plan for one meal/day/week isn't the end of being at target, it's just a blip not the start of the path the being 4 stone over weight again. I can then either continue as normal with small gains and losses, or if needs be, use the tools that have been given me to lose a larger amount of weight.

I empathise with how everyone is feeling. After a year at target I weighed last Wed to be over target for the first time. I have to weigh tomorrow at class now or will have to start paying :(
I had two very bad weeks over xmas and can not get into gear since and gained more.
Feeling so fed up and cross with myself. Starting to look for quick fixes but know that is not the answer. I don't think how I maintained has helped as I maintained by eating SW meals but also having lots of extra syns which worked for a year but not now! I tried just adding he's but kept losing. *gives self kick up the bum*

Good morning everyone, my name's Jen and I'm doing SW Online from Australia. I'm originally from Northern Ireland but have been living in Australia for 2 years now. I am 1 pound from target, but ideally I'd like to lose a little bit more than target before the 10th March as I'll be going back to the UK for a three week holiday (first time I'll have seen my family since moving here) so if I lose an additional 4 pounds, then I won't mind putting them back on - in other words I WANT TO COME BACK HAVING DONE LITTLE DAMAGE AS POSSIBLE LOLOLOL

So really, I'd like to join this thread and find out, when I'm at target, does the plan change in any way for maintenance?

jen1977ni said:
Good morning everyone, my name's Jen and I'm doing SW Online from Australia. I'm originally from Northern Ireland but have been living in Australia for 2 years now. I am 1 pound from target, but ideally I'd like to lose a little bit more than target before the 10th March as I'll be going back to the UK for a three week holiday (first time I'll have seen my family since moving here) so if I lose an additional 4 pounds, then I won't mind putting them back on - in other words I WANT TO COME BACK HAVING DONE LITTLE DAMAGE AS POSSIBLE LOLOLOL

So really, I'd like to join this thread and find out, when I'm at target, does the plan change in any way for maintenance?

Well done for getting to target (practically!!) totally understand about damage limitation trying to lose more before you go away ;-)

I don't go to a class, but I think when you get to target sw say to add an extra heb a day. However, I tend to just follow the diet exactly the same and usually stay around target.... But others on here have had problems staying at target and loosing too much. Maintaining is quite hard, it takes a while to work out what works for you! Good luck xxx

I am on three hebs a day and two heba's and still losing, it is a real struggle (can't believe that this is harder than losing) and wonder why my weight then was lost by 1/2 poundish on the losing weeks and now 2lb a week when I am eating more.

I did not weigh in the last two weeks as I am 3 1/2 pounds under bottom (this week) under target. :(

Hate it as I am eating all the usual SW foods plus piling in food but I don't want lots of homemade cake, crisps adding a few more syns, had two meals out just to add the weight so I can go back.

I am well aware the loss must come to a stop and then I am hoping to maintain around my target same as others seem to manage.
I find losing was a doddle compared to adding weight.

I may have to ask for target to be lowered but cons made such a fuss last time, despite me still over BMI at the top of my target. I don't actually want to lose any more now.

Sorry to moan again but I am really struggling to know what to do.

Personally I'd see your GP and get your thyroid checked!!!

euuuuuuurgh have had crappy crappy weekend eating crappy crappy food and am now dreading WI tonight. Blarg!

I am on three hebs a day and two heba's and still losing, it is a real struggle (can't believe that this is harder than losing) and wonder why my weight then was lost by 1/2 poundish on the losing weeks and now 2lb a week when I am eating more.

I did not weigh in the last two weeks as I am 3 1/2 pounds under bottom (this week) under target. :(

Hate it as I am eating all the usual SW foods plus piling in food but I don't want lots of homemade cake, crisps adding a few more syns, had two meals out just to add the weight so I can go back.

I am well aware the loss must come to a stop and then I am hoping to maintain around my target same as others seem to manage.
I find losing was a doddle compared to adding weight.

I may have to ask for target to be lowered but cons made such a fuss last time, despite me still over BMI at the top of my target. I don't actually want to lose any more now.

Sorry to moan again but I am really struggling to know what to do.

Are you exercising?
Are you sure you are eating as much as you think? Have you tried doing a check on cals in and out? x

Exercising is now walking a very energetic pup about hour and a half a day. I cant cut that out as he needs it. This was after I made target so I think its this, pretty sedentary before. I am eating way more now. Usual meals with more syns and pizza last night no change in weight. Thought it would suddenly have effect eating non SW food, but it doesnt.
Thyroid is fine, had a check for all this recently.
I feel great, do not look under weight, just will have to pay cash for being under and that grieves me. I do not want to leave sw but don't want to pay for having a healthy BMI.

Exercising is now walking a very energetic pup about hour and a half a day. I cant cut that out as he needs it. This was after I made target so I think its this, pretty sedentary before. I am eating way more now. Usual meals with more syns and pizza last night no change in weight. Thought it would suddenly have effect eating non SW food, but it doesnt.
Thyroid is fine, had a check for all this recently.
I feel great, do not look under weight, just will have to pay cash for being under and that grieves me. I do not want to leave sw but don't want to pay for having a healthy BMI.
So the increasein exercise could have caused the weightloss. Have you tried explaining this to your cto see if she would adjust your target weight ifthat is now the weight you wish to maintain?
Or increase your hex's with olive oil in cooking etc if you want to get back to original target?

Hey everyone what sort of week have you all had? :) Have managed to rectify some of the damage done last week so still hanging on in there! :)

Back