Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

I'm 2lb over my target range, so had to pay last week:eek: Anyway I'm hoping to have pulled it back this week, but if not so be it. Life is too short to worry about a few lbs;) I know the extra lbs will come off eventually & I know I eat healthy.

OH had to have a blood test recently, as well as other things they also tested for cholestrol, his was 4.38:eek: & he doesn't follow SW. I'd love to have mine tested, but can you imagine how smug he'll be if mine is more than his:p

No longer a target member I've taken the plunge and lowered my target by 10lbs. I've been wanting to do it since before xmas but never managed to drop out of the bottom of the range due to self sabotage, hopefully this will stop me.

I'm not going to wi for the next couple of weeks. Was in Spain for half term and now TOTM. Back on track now. Did Zumba yesterday, 30 day shred and zumba today.

Had sneaky wi at home at was 4lbs over top of target.

I really enjoyed the holiday so it was worth the extra poundage :)

Thats what holidays etc are for!!! :) I think now im at target I can relax better when I go away.

Did the weigh ins for the first time on monday, lord it was manic haha esp as we have about 100 to weigh in during the first session. Was good fun though :)

haven't been on here for a while, just slightly out of target at the moment by 1/2lb so had to pay this week :( Have been 100% today :)

Hi again everyone. I reached interim target last November, piddled around for a while going up and down a few pounds until last week when I got to final target on Tuesday. Yay :D:D:D:D

I do need some help though. I do it at home on my own (SW don't get quite as far as Spain) and have only ever been to one meeting - and that was a while ago.

So what advice do you get at group about maintaining? I did managed to STS for 3 years but was just sort of messing with what I ate with what showed on the scales. And now I'm 3 stone lighter than then so I really don't have a clue as there is absolutely no help whatsoever online.

HELP P P P Please.

Last edited:
Same here, just reached target today and I'm in Australia doing it online...

Congratulations on getting to target ladies!!! :D feels good doesnt it!

unfortunately advice/help on maintaining is where i've found slimming world lacking really....you only get told to keep adding extra hebs until you find what works.

Hmmm - SW not that helpful then really 'cos I would have done this anyway!

no,lol! to be honest in regards to maintaining it really will be whatever works best for you....the official line is the heb's there are obviously a few other ways,lol!!
you'll probably find this is the best place for getting advice on what others do etc....in group it really is the official line trotted out and thats it....here people will tell you their way,discuss etc

Quins said:
Hi Pommette, well done you! Hope we both find our path to eternal maintenance!

12'8 for me is week, 2 under.

Hi all can I join you got to my final target last Tuesday. Anyone else feel they are laking something now . I've got a real feeling I want to lose more but I know I should stop really . This week I've eaten the same as usual. Wouldn't really want to eat much more think you kinda get used to what you're eating.

Pommette said:
Hi again everyone. I reached interim target last November, piddled around for a while going up and down a few pounds until last week when I got to final target on Tuesday. Yay :D:D:D:D

I do need some help though. I do it at home on my own (SW don't get quite as far as Spain) and have only ever been to one meeting - and that was a while ago.

So what advice do you get at group about maintaining? I did managed to STS for 3 years but was just sort of messing with what I ate with what showed on the scales. And now I'm 3 stone lighter than then so I really don't have a clue as there is absolutely no help whatsoever online.

HELP P P P Please.

Congratulations hunni :)

Hi all can I join you got to my final target last Tuesday. Anyone else feel they are laking something now . I've got a real feeling I want to lose more but I know I should stop really . This week I've eaten the same as usual. Wouldn't really want to eat much more think you kinda get used to what you're eating.
Hiya Mrs Big B - well done chica.

I seemed to have adjusted to maintaining quite easily!!! :8855: Had a few treats this week and a quick look at the scales this morning shows a bit of a gain - but within target. But we'll see tomorrow at WI.

Losing more. Hmmm difficult one. I suspect lots of people go through this. One friend on her has dropped her target twice now as she can't get her head round NOT losing weight and just maintaining.

Your BMI is good chica, so just give it a go at maintaining. And see in a few weeks how you feel.

AND GET YOUR CENTURY BADGE UP. That's some loss girl!

I decided to lose a bit more, but that was because I still felt like I wasnt 100% happy, like I'd quit too soon and kept going under target anyway. Right decision for me, as now Im maintaining pretty consistently, as if my body has found its ideal weight. Theres no way I could physically lose anymore as I follow the plan as if trying to lose (for me, upping B choices results in gains) so I know this is right for me :)

Back