Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

Initial target was 10 stone, I'm now 2.5 pounds below, so have decided to lower my target to 9 stone 7, or as close as I can get to that without my clothes becoming too loose, as they're already getting that way! Here goes nothing lol

:17729: Happy Easter to all my lovely at Target and Maintaining Friends x :17729:

And if you can't be good today, be careful ;)

Happy easter Ginlin, I wasn't good or careful yesterday. Youngest daughter won a novice pony race at point to point and her brother passed his trial period with a super league club (rugby league) and was selected for a u16 match against wakefield, but for cancelled due to weather. Then he played in county final for his union club and they won. We had a party yesterday.

Going to be back on plan today.

Mrs B , you are still an inspiration to me and others

Quins said:
Happy easter Ginlin, I wasn't good or careful yesterday. Youngest daughter won a novice pony race at point to point and her brother passed his trial period with a super league club (rugby league) and was selected for a u16 match against wakefield, but for cancelled due to weather. Then he played in county final for his union club and they won. We had a party yesterday.

Going to be back on plan today.

Mrs B , you are still an inspiration to me and others

Aw thanks :)
I'm being good & careful :) yesterday & today are flexi days but not going mad . Yesterday was a meal out & a small cake about 25 syns and today I've had 4.5 so far and planning the tiniest bit of chocolate cake with my boys later and a tiny bit of Easter egg my hubby brought me . Probably won't be much more than 20 for the day . I won't go mad and pile weight back on just to get back in range . Just got to try & maintain and then I might be allowed to call my weight now my target . Fingers crossed . I'm still in the healthy range with my bmi at t 21.2 so nothing to worry about :)

Another half a pound off now need a 5lb gainto get back in range arrrgggh the gap is getting bigger !!!!

I'd like to . And make my weight now the bottom of my new target but my consultant won't let me as shes concerned for my health !! Really beginning to wonder if going to group is the right thing for me now :( I live the social side but just feel so out of place

*Emsie* said:
You still seem really in the mindset of losing which as you are still in healthy bmi etc is ok if that is what you really want to do for the right reasons? If you reset would you start to actually maintain then?
Hard call re your group and consultant I don't think sw offers a lot to maintainers to be honest!

I am but I think it's because I still feel big :( and I know with just 8lb left in the healthy weight category I can't keep losing because I wouldn't be healthy . If I did it it wouldn't be for the right reasons and tbh I probably would drop out of that target at some point unless my frame of mind changes soon .
I know with a bmi of 21.1 I'm not fat but it's those demons in you're head that tell you you are

So its probably better if you don't lower your target and work on that for a while. Try and relax the dieting slightly....don't have quite so much superfree with meals, have more hex's etc You have worked so hard to get to where you are and look great try and enjoy it!
Do you think you need the support of your c or do you think that going to group puts pressure on you to lose. I found it hard going to group and not losing or gaining when it was ok to do so as within target range.

Hi All.
It's almost one year since I started with SW and to date I have lost 6st +, the problem is that I cannot keep to target. The first target came and went so quickly it was as if it didn't exist! The second one I passed but "maintained" 4lbs below for 3 weeks so I have just reset it again 1/2 stone lower, well guess what! Last week I finely put 1lb on which would have got me back to the old target but I have reset it........(sod it! had to pay again)
Today is weigh-in so hopefully a few lbs off, nearer to the, hopefully 3rd target and final one.
As others have said, it's a lot harder to maintain and SW support is not as good as weigh loss, our consultant is great and she advised doubling my Hea's & b's and if that failed , to increase my syn's from 15 to 20, we will see..........
Good luck to all.
Pete

It is hard isn't it Pete, I am at target 6 months today, but its been hard. I am 2 under target and its been a struggle to keep it on. I am now doing a few SW days just to keep the maintain and eating reasonably others. It seems to be right for me, this is the part where we all differ and I worry still, got 2 lbs gain this month to bring me back in to range, but obviously do not want that to be a pattern.
Good luck with getting it right.

Our weight fluctuates naturally on a daily basis.
That's why SW give us the 3lbs target range. So 2lbs under is fine Jo*.

I don't do well if I eat too many carbs and can put on as much a 2kg (almost 4½ lbs) overnight if I have lots of processed carbs like pasta.
I bloat like mad and retain water. So green and EE are a no-no for me. I mainly have to stick to red days if I want to lose weight - but it's a big bonus now as it does mean I can have the odd green day now that I'm trying to maintain.

After sticking to SW for so long it is hard to get our head out of the losing mentality - as MrsBigB is finding - but it is something we need to work on.

So don't worry too much if your weight goes up and down within target range - that's exactly what happens to people all the time who aren't dieting.
My hubby is a natural skinny - he weighs in at anything between 10st and 10st 7lbs depending on how much he's eaten or had to drink.
So that's effectively maintaining at 10st 3lbs. :)

We need to stop beating ourselves up when we gain one week and lose the next. IT'S NORMAL. We're not yo-yoing just living a normal life.
OK - you need to keep track to make sure that you're not going way back up again (or way down when you don't want to) but accept that the SW way of eating is a good, healthy one and just relax and not fret too much.

Add some Hex's, add some syns or the occasionally treat of something you love (for me it's peanuts!!! :) ) and you won't go too far wrong.

Some really good advice there xo

Hi Pommette sadly I have had to stuff myself with non SW foods to get to that 2lbs under. I was at 7lbs under and then 5 and struggling to get into target since before Christmas.
The maintainance guide given just does not work for me. i don't beat myself up, but never really did while losing, I looked at my losses over a month and now weigh in once a month. However had to buy scales after reaching target to monitor the loss.
I am fine being in range but this is my second of only two times in target in 26 weeks, as soon as I eat SW I lose again, after all thats what its great for, it definitely works! I also feel that I can use it to lose.. However what's missing is a maintainance plan to keep there, I was adding extra hexa's and b's. 4 b's and 4 a's and still losing, its more hassle now than when I was losing. I haven't got a desire to lose any more. I toyed with dropping my target to the half stone I got to, but I don't wish to keep on the losing route.
I just do not really want to yo yo with unhealthy eating to keep it in target and SW to reduce, its not a healthy way to treat my body and that is why I picked SW in the first place.
So many people are rejoining SW, looking at my group and people on here lots of people have to rejoin after weight gain, if there was a diet for maintaining it as there is for losing, I would still be happy to pay a reduced monthly fee.

Jo* - that must be a reet pain to have added so many hex's and still lose. I've only added 1 Hex A & B and 5 syns and I maintain quite happily.
But there again, I was a slow loser in the first place (hormonal :)) and my average was about ¾ lb a week.
:hug99: chica and lets hope you can find a balance for maintaining.

Hello, I've just called target as I was getting too obsessed about not being able to lose the last few pounds.

So now I'm back to the hard task of trying to maintain.

Hello All

I'm nowhere near target yet but have been silently following for a while as I am determined that this will be the last time I loose weight and I want to be prepared when I do get there :)

I've been looking around the internet at maintenance and it seems whatever diet you follow it's a bit of trial and error to find out how much you can eat to maintain. A few people have also said that after a honeymoon period when they didn't have too much trouble maintaining it gets harder and they found themselves wanting to eat more and having to use more self control.

I was just wondering if any of the long term maintainers on here had experienced that happening?

Hi Pigler

I've only been maintaining (ish) since November - and I have to say there are days when I do feel ravenous.
I have no explanation for it - can't blame * week (not had one since 1991); no hormones to blame (haven't got any as had total hysterectomy).
So I just ride it out by snacking on healthy stuff - usually lots of tangerines !!!

Mind you, I also have days when I just don't feel hungry at all. So I actually don't force myself to eat. Whats the point?

My hubs is like this and always has been and, as I said, he's a natural skinny and has been the same weight for almost 40 years!

Maybe someone else can shed some light!

Another sts at target, 12'10. I have been 12'8 a couple of times but mainly 12'10 on weigh in day (at home). I have made note of my weight through the week and it rises by 2 to 3lb at the beginning and drops by the end back to target, I have had quite a bit of business travel and parties that have been off plan, maybe I would have gone under my own set target (do it from home)

Back