Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

Well done Quins - you seem to be maintaining really well at the mo. Gud on yer!

Morning peeps.

How confused do you want to be?
Since last OFFICIAL WI 2 weeks ago I've lost 1½ lbs.
BUT . . . when I got on the scales a day early last week for an unofficial WI, I was up by 2¼ lbs - putting me at 5¼ lbs over target. :eek:

Once we got back from the apartment I've had 5 angelic red days with hardly any carbs .
The red days have worked big time and I've lost 3¾ lbs ! Almost unheard of for me.
I've only ever lost 3 lbs in a week twice before and 2 lbs in a week just 12 times (and that's in 5½ years!!!)

So I'm now back to just 1½ lbs (0.7 kg) over target.

I'm well pleased!

Don't know whether I can lose the 1½ lbs this week what with mum being here but I shall give it a bleddy good try!

Oh well, here goes!

I haven't been to group since the 27th March so going to take the bull by the horns, and go this morning!:eek:

Hi everyone I've been out the loop a bit lately! Still been going to group (i have to as I weigh everyone in....so no excuse!), and still been struggling to keep in my range as I keep dropping out the bottom. Even lost over easter, and a weekend away I managed to scrape the 1.5 I needed to avoid paying but I ate soooo much rubbish couldnt believe it. This week I was faced with paying again and was scared I hadnt put on the ppound I needed so stood on the scales in my heaviest jeans, 2jumpers, my coat and shoes and lo and behold I gained 3.5 haha putting me in the middle of range again. Just hope it doesnt lead to a deceptively big loss this week!!!:)

I feel a bit of a fraud posting on here, our consultants scales were not working so we had to use manual ones for one week, everyone had quite good losses including me putting me at target, which I surprised me but thought I could have done it.

Well since then she now has new ones and people put on little amounts the first week, including 2lb for me putting met at 1lb over my target.
I have put on this week as well by 4lb, to say I'm gutted is an understatement. But looking at all my gains they all happen in the school holoidays, due to lack of reutine and having food available, just surprised by how much.
So I now have 5lb to lose to get back to target or 2lb to get back into target allowance.
I have gone back to writing things down and cutting down on syns. Hope it works and will keep you posted. from a very miserable cyberjelly

Don't worry about it cyberjelly, you've identified the reason and have a plan. Stick ringed sw plan and you will be back in range soon. You know it works. The hard bit was fessing up on the gain and identifying the reason. I think you will find we are all like guided missiles, always going off course unless our computers guide us back on track. You can do it. Most if us in here have a blip. You are in good company, cheer up.

Don't worry cyberjelly it'll soon come back off! I know the holidays are a nightmare for everyone (thankfully Im unaffected!), but writing everything down is such a good way to get on track, I still do if I feel like I've overindulged the previous week, or that I'm starting to lose focus.Keep smiling and remember how far you've come!!! :)

Well have been very good all week with only 10 syns or under each day.
Yesterday went a little waywood, as daughter had to come howm from uni as quite unwell and wanted feeding up, so had duck followed by apple strudel adn custard and I had to have some. But back on track today and weigh in tomorrow night so let hope for a loss.
Hoping for at least 2 to get me back in target range.

Well...after being up all night with my sick son, who has thrown up over everything apart from himself!!?? Anyway, after being up all night, and eating 3 medium chocolate eggs, 4 slices of white bread toast with margarine and a whole bag of microwave popcorn (jeez), I have decided that instead of being annoyed with myself, and thinking about a gain or a sts, I am going to forget about it.

I am actually within my target of 9 stone, at 8 stone 11. I can go up to 9 stone 3, or drop down to 8 stone 11. I feel confident in my clothes, and happy with how far I have come since joining SW. I will be wearing a bikini on holiday, and I won’t feel silly wearing it. I am not walking around with a sign on my head stating my weight! I am not going to stress about a little gain, as long as I stay within my range.

I eat really well for the most part, but every now and again the old me raises its greedy head, and I'm on a mission to eat everything I can find. I know this is a problem I will probably always have, so I guess I just need to accept it, as long as it is every now and again and not every week!

Yesterday, I was going to go on a soup diet to loose more weight for my holiday, for so many weeks I’ve been obsessed with getting a lower and lower weight. WHY!? My husband keeps telling me how good I look, and I need to believe him! I need to stop and settle with the weight I am now.

When I joined slimming world 18 months ago, I had just had a baby three weeks earlier (the same baby whose been throwing up all night). I was 12 stone, and I was crying in shop dressing rooms because nothing fitted. Back then, my aim was to get to 9 stone, I thought it was impossible, but it was my dream weight. Anyway, my original target was 10 stone 4, and I got there around my birthday last march (2011). I've changed my target a couple of times since then, my consultant used her discretion
to lower it by different amounts (9stone11, then 9 stone 5 and then 9 stone).

I finally got to that dream weight a couple of weeks ago, but I was still obsessed with loosing! I wasn’t happy and wanted to see if I could get to 8 and a half stone. But then what...if I got there, would I want to be 8 stone?? Where would it stop?

I still want to continue sticking to the plan because it’s a fantastic way to eat healthy, filling foods, that I can cook using proper ingredients, rather than packets and microwaves, but I don’t want to always think about avoiding food in order to continue loosing.

So my target it 9 stone, and so long as I am between 9 stone 3 and 8 stone 11, I will be happy and comfortable and exactly where I want to be.

Blimey, glad to get that off my chest, even if it is only me talking to myself! Massive thanks to anyone who did take the time to read this! xx

Charlotte - you aren't the only one who feels like this. There are a fair number of people on here who struggle getting their head round "the new me" and find it hard to stop losing weight. Be careful though chica - your BMI is falling below 20 which is the bottom of the healthy BMI range (according to some sites).

Ah well - reporting in with a gain . . . :cry:
0.8 kg (1¾ lbs) so I haven't put everything back on I lost last week but I'm out of target range.

Twas to be expected really with mum being here as, even though I was good in the house, we ate out 4 times. Grrrrr

Oh well back to Red days and lets shift it . . . AGAIN!

Charlotte - you aren't the only one who feels like this. There are a fair number of people on here who struggle getting their head round "the new me" and find it hard to stop losing weight. Be careful though chica - your BMI is falling below 20 which is the bottom of the healthy BMI range (according to some sites).

Thanks so much for taking the time to have a read! I know it’s quite a 'me me me' post, but I just got sick of the constant worry over the scales. I don't think I'd really took much time to think about what I had actually achieved, as I was too busy thinking about losing all the time.

I must admit, I don’t follow BMI’s, I don’t find they work for everyone, but your point has been noted, and I know myself now that its time to stop and maintain! Xx

charlotte1985 said:
Well...after being up all night with my sick son, who has thrown up over everything apart from himself!!?? Anyway, after being up all night, and eating 3 medium chocolate eggs, 4 slices of white bread toast with margarine and a whole bag of microwave popcorn (jeez), I have decided that instead of being annoyed with myself, and thinking about a gain or a sts, I am going to forget about it.

I am actually within my target of 9 stone, at 8 stone 11. I can go up to 9 stone 3, or drop down to 8 stone 11. I feel confident in my clothes, and happy with how far I have come since joining SW. I will be wearing a bikini on holiday, and I won't feel silly wearing it. I am not walking around with a sign on my head stating my weight! I am not going to stress about a little gain, as long as I stay within my range.

I eat really well for the most part, but every now and again the old me raises its greedy head, and I'm on a mission to eat everything I can find. I know this is a problem I will probably always have, so I guess I just need to accept it, as long as it is every now and again and not every week!

Yesterday, I was going to go on a soup diet to loose more weight for my holiday, for so many weeks I've been obsessed with getting a lower and lower weight. WHY!? My husband keeps telling me how good I look, and I need to believe him! I need to stop and settle with the weight I am now.

When I joined slimming world 18 months ago, I had just had a baby three weeks earlier (the same baby whose been throwing up all night). I was 12 stone, and I was crying in shop dressing rooms because nothing fitted. Back then, my aim was to get to 9 stone, I thought it was impossible, but it was my dream weight. Anyway, my original target was 10 stone 4, and I got there around my birthday last march (2011). I've changed my target a couple of times since then, my consultant used her discretion
to lower it by different amounts (9stone11, then 9 stone 5 and then 9 stone).

I finally got to that dream weight a couple of weeks ago, but I was still obsessed with loosing! I wasn't happy and wanted to see if I could get to 8 and a half stone. But then what...if I got there, would I want to be 8 stone?? Where would it stop?

I still want to continue sticking to the plan because it's a fantastic way to eat healthy, filling foods, that I can cook using proper ingredients, rather than packets and microwaves, but I don't want to always think about avoiding food in order to continue loosing.

So my target it 9 stone, and so long as I am between 9 stone 3 and 8 stone 11, I will be happy and comfortable and exactly where I want to be.

Blimey, glad to get that off my chest, even if it is only me talking to myself! Massive thanks to anyone who did take the time to read this! xx

I've just found this thread and this is exactly why I'm calling target now. You are not alone :) I'm feeling the same and need to get my head around my new weight, which is the lowest I've been in 20 years, and stoping worrying about losing more.
Looking forward to reading back on this thread and see how everyone manages to maintain. X

Well went to weigh in and lost 5lb this week so very well back in target at a nice steady 13 stone.

Hope to stay here for a while and keep maintaining.

awwww poop lost 3.5pounds so back under target again! Only by a pound though, and am NOT going to change my target again, need to get it into my head that I can gain and it won't jeopardise my whole weight loss. So really focusing this week on having extra Bs and my syns, even if I sometimes have to force myself!!!!

Well done cyberjelly
Charlotte its good to have a place to rant and we hear you. I would try and work at maintaining now, its a bit of a battle in itself, let your body get used to the new weight and see how you feel.

Update from the moaner here too.....
I am weighing in once a month now as I keep going under target and its hell keep checking and trying to eat crap just to keep in. I decided that each month would be better for my sanity!! Hubby stopped going he too under target but by 1/2 pound.
I am eating SW way in the week eating what I want at the weekend. My weight is actually sitting at 8 st 10 and has been for 9 weeks, so I think thats where it wants to be. Phew I was getting a little stressed.

Cons reluctant to change it to any less than 7 pounds remember all the hassle I had before. I don't want to go to 8, 7 its too much of a loss, so wearing heavy jeans or going on *week on weigh in day. :rolleyes: I keep wanting to go just in case I gain and need the support again.

Back