Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

I dropped from a tight 14, to a loose 12 and some 10's too...

apart from 1 pair of 'before' jeans i got rid of all as i went along.
i have size 8 and size 10 clothes now....nothing bigger....at dead on target i am mainly in the 8's so i have a bit of gaining leverage but only so much!!! i refuse to ever buy bigger clothes so it makes sure you stay on track.
if there were bigger clothes you would be more tempted to 'wear them for a week or so' before getting things back in check which either doesnt happen or takes longer.seen it done plenty of times which was why mine went straight away.

Agreed Lurverick I decided I would not want days where I sliiped back into bad ways and ended up fishing out bigger clothes either. I can tell over a day nearly if I have eaten too much of the wrong things by clothes and it keeps me focused on staying in the, plus all that room in the wardrobe, whats a girl to do, but fill the gaps! :D

apart from 1 pair of 'before' jeans i got rid of all as i went along.
i have size 8 and size 10 clothes now....nothing bigger....at dead on target i am mainly in the 8's so i have a bit of gaining leverage but only so much!!! i refuse to ever buy bigger clothes so it makes sure you stay on track.
if there were bigger clothes you would be more tempted to 'wear them for a week or so' before getting things back in check which either doesnt happen or takes longer.seen it done plenty of times which was why mine went straight away.

I really hadnt thought of it like that before, but thats brilliant! I'm mainly in 8's too, and I'm going on holiday this week. I had thought about taking a few bigger sized things as we're going all inclusive, but having read your post, I'm not going to do it!

Just because I'm on holiday, its no excuse to pig out! I'm hoping to stick to meats and salads and fruit, and stay on plan as best as I can, as I would at home!

My only downfall will be the drinks!!!!

I've got WI on Tuesday. I'm hoping to have slightly dropped out of target, as a bit of damage limitation.

I put on 6lbs over Christmas, although alot of that was just major bloat from too many rich foods. Not sure how much I should 'allow' myself on holiday?? I guess as long as I'm not over my highest target weight (9 stone 3) then that should be OK??

I went on a 23 day holiday recently, I'd a few naughty meals, a few drinkies, but I exercised 20 out of those 23 days and managed to lose 1.5 pounds and 6.5cm so it can be done!!! Good luck...

I have been slowly getting rid of clothes since I started dropping dress sizes.
Got rid of all my work clothes last July (size 20-22) when term finished and went mad shopping on Sept ready for return (size 16). Had to do this as most were falling off me nad couldn't teach like that.

Have now started getting rid of the size 16 clothes for size 14, as most are now getting too big. Some trousers are OK but most skirts now sit on my hips so I have to wear long tops with them.

Feels good to have a really big clear out, but does cost me a fortune in shopping.

Hi everyone!

I got rid of my clothes in stages, everytime something was too big it went and I replaced it. I ended up in total sending 8 bags of clothes to the charity shop!! I've gone from a generous 14-16 to an 8-10 and thrilled although I'm annoyingly stuck at a size '9' for a lot of shops but dont want to lose anymore so its a case of hunting around a bit! Funny though when I look in the mirror I dont see what I envisage a size 8-10 person to look like...I know that sounds strange but when I see friends who are the same size I always think wow look how slim they look....but can't see it in myself!! Although I know I'm slim, still see myself as a bit chunky sometimes but I blame my curves! def FEEL chunky this week, hefty gain (was needed but not quite so much!) and I've done 3green days in a row, with lots of rataouille, veg soup etc, so to be honest I just feel gross and bloated! Hoping it will wear off over the weekend, I honestly feel as big as when I started!!!!

Hope everyones having a good week :)

Sorry I'm so like you, I'm getting my bloods tested tomorrow for coeliac disease as I'm always bloating, and often quite guffy lol GRRRR I often still see the bigger me, drives me nuts!!!

I am the same size as my daughter and yet I think I am fatter, but I was never one of those look in a mirror and see a different image before I got fat and now I am seeing fatter than I am, I wonder if the weight came off so successfully your brain still recognises the weightier me!! That does not really make sense even to me, but I am a realist and not overly unhappy with my body image, just knew I was not healthy.

I know I am not fatter as I can get into jeans daughter cannot, but then she can actually wear some clothes in smaller sizes than we both are, depends what it is!

I am glad of this thread its really helping support wise as group does not do anything for target members, well mine does not.

Oh, I wonder will they send it to us online members? Hmmmmm probably not, despite us paying a fortune to follow the plan online....

2lb gain from being bang on target or just under. Has crept up, have done 1000 press ups in about 10 to14 days and def put muscle on chest and arms. Not panicking yet, still in range, do it alone at home so no consequences at a group, but I don't want to gain any more. Like many others, but many blokes though, I need and value the support of this forum.

On the matter of baggy clothes, I got to a point where trousers were hanging off my waist and butt and shirts were so baggy. I felt horrible and has to buy clothes, felt guilty about spending money on myself but it was necessary. Now I think it was worth every penny and feel great. Didn't spend much either but clothes that fit look nice.
Mrs B , how are you doing?

well the hefty gain of last week has come straight back off again, so 1under....consultant just laughs at how my body yo-yos...its the same 3pounds I keep gaining and then losing straight away! she says she doesnt want me to have to pay, so may tweak target by literally a pund or two so i dont yo-yo out of it completely!!! Fun and games......

I realised its getting close to a year when I hit my target. I have actually been trying to lose a bit more but not managing and doing so by trying ww and not going to a group. Have been getting myself down a bit as feeling that have been failing BUT I realised that I am only 5lbs above that original target, so ok it is above where I want to be but not so much as its been an up and down year but its not too bad I reckon and I shouldn't be beating myself up!

Definately not Emsie....5pounds in the grand scheme of things is nothing really! Especially when you think how far you have come! Perhaps your body is just settled at this weight and isnt wanting to lose anymore?

Back