Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

Hi everyone

I'm suppose to be maintaining but even though I haven't tried anything to maintain yet (like extra healthy extra's) I keep gaining weight.... I expect it will come off again, I've been within my target range since the end of march and gained weight because of a wedding, lost it all again, got to target again and then although I didn't have extra syns or healthy extra's (I wanted to get just below target) I gained 1/2lb, then another lb, then I lost 1/2 but this week I gained 1 1/2 lbs, if I gain another lb I'm going to be out of my target range :(

Has anyone else had this trouble?

No 5 pounds is not bad thing in a year, plus we all have the tools to get back. I would just do a superfree mad week to shift a couple of them cheeky pounds and then you would be back in the 3lbs allowed.

Lots of things get in the way and cause us to have to focus on more than our eating. Be kind to yourself and massive hugs.
How is WW, I worry about being hungry?

I got back into the bottom of my target last week, no extra heavy jeans needed. But I have lost it again, so no group today as I won't pay next time if it stays off as is usual.

Have to go monthly it seems, which makes me a bit out of the loop. I am used to this losing now well nearly I don't seem to drop more than 6 under and then it goes back on as I up my eating, would love to just forget about weight and eat right without loss or even gain.

Well a much deserved 1.5lb gain for me this week, but still in Target so that is good!

HELPPPP

I hit target in April so not long ago, gained 3lb the second week but lost it streight away.

However my big problem is I have become unfocused, the ohter day I sat and ate 5 chocolate bisuits not he little one the big Tunnucks caramel ones. I snack on cake (which I have always made throughout but not eaten), chocolate, biscuits, meat, anything even ate a dairylea triangle on the way to bed the other night.
I have manaaged so far to put on and lose the same 1/2lb so weight wise not bad (even went away for a long weekend totally off plan).
But what worries me is if become this unfocused at this early stage I will put all the 5 stone back on.

I go each week to be weighed as I help on the weighing side of group so I know that I have to be good. I run anything up to 20 miles a week and those days I do are the ones where I find I pick at the wrong stuff the most, it just I want to eat and eat everything.

I have been thinking of lowering my target by 1/2 stone, but people have told me no I will look gaunt, it would also take me down another dress size which I have not been since I was 14 (30 years ago) and I worry about being able to maintain that long term.

Sorry for the self pitty rant but any help please.

If you feel you are becoming unfocussed why would you reset target is it because you want the drive of losing again? It is different trying to find the motivation to maintain and if you don't find a way of doing it that works for you then the weight could creep back on in the long run.
Could you set yourself other goals say exercise ones to help give you a challenge?

Definately not Emsie....5pounds in the grand scheme of things is nothing really! Especially when you think how far you have come! Perhaps your body is just settled at this weight and isnt wanting to lose anymore?
Its because I am not sticking to plan enough ;)

No 5 pounds is not bad thing in a year, plus we all have the tools to get back. I would just do a superfree mad week to shift a couple of them cheeky pounds and then you would be back in the 3lbs allowed.

Lots of things get in the way and cause us to have to focus on more than our eating. Be kind to yourself and massive hugs.
How is WW, I worry about being hungry?
For some reason am struggling to stick to plan for a full week at the moment but hopefully will find the ooomph to do just that soon!
I don't get hungry on ww even when I have pro point days but they also have simply filling days where there are lots of foods that you can eat unilmited amounts of......or rather until you are satisfied ;)I am enjoying it for a change

If you feel you are becoming unfocussed why would you reset target is it because you want the drive of losing again? It is different trying to find the motivation to maintain and if you don't find a way of doing it that works for you then the weight could creep back on in the long run.
Could you set yourself other goals say exercise ones to help give you a challenge?

Well I can afford to drop my goal weight by 2 stone to get into what they call the healthy weight, but its just trying to stay focused on maintaining rather than just losing.

Think I may talk to my hubby and consultant and see how it goes. Also having a look around here someone mentioned a new book for maintainers! So will see how I go.

I reached target in Feb and am nowhere near as obsessive with the scales yet I still stick to plan 100%, is that ok re the scales thing? Also I've been a real gym bunny throughout, up to 6 times a week, cardio & light weights, but now I've starting running too, will that make a big difference to things overall? I've never been a runner but managed to run 21 mins on my first go and am up to 31 minutes now!!!

I reached target in Feb and am nowhere near as obsessive with the scales yet I still stick to plan 100%, is that ok re the scales thing? Also I've been a real gym bunny throughout, up to 6 times a week, cardio & light weights, but now I've starting running too, will that make a big difference to things overall? I've never been a runner but managed to run 21 mins on my first go and am up to 31 minutes now!!!

I run 3 times a week, anything from 3m to 6m. I enjoy that rather than the gym but last year I could only run for a min then walk for a min on the treadmill. Now I'm up to running half a mile at a time and my latest stats from my running buddy show that in just 11 week I have lost almoslt 1 min of my running time per mile.

I think thats whats keeping my weight at a nice even keel at the moment with my food problems, (read previuos posts).

Get your self some thing to aim for with your running, the 'Race for Life' races are coming up and their only 5km and you could easily do that. For me I have that and the 'Great South Run' a nice 10 mile run along Southsea and Portsmouth, which I want to finish in under 2 hours, which seems do-able.
Do you have a shop in town call 'The Sweatshop@ we have a local one which offers free run nights aimed at getting peple like yourself into running, our local one is good with 2 meetings a week one for advanced runners and the other for starters.

Also with the nice (?) weather coming its good to get out.

Hi all,
Anyone mind if I join in. Hit target 2 weeks ago and managed a sts this week, which I was really pleased with as we'd had two weddings in the last fortnight.
I've been here before. Got to target, maintained for about 8 months then lost the plot.
I've decided that I need to keep going to group and I'm looking forward to the new book that's coming.
For me, the challenge will be getting out of the losing mindset and coming to terms with the fact that this is for life. I am now incorporating exercise into my daily routine. I walk around 7 miles per day. Hopefully this will help keep my weight steady and keep me toned.
Anyway, sorry for the ramble! Maintaining is really hard and we just have to find a pattern that works best for us?

Hi CJ, I'm in Australia, so we don't have that shop no. I don't know if I'll ever be a roadrunner, but who knows! I'm just happy to be doing it at all, as I never thought I would!!! Today I tried running again, after having done 31 minutes yesterday and I really struggled, I also had physio on my hips yesterday so was quite sore from that! So instead I took my bike out once I got back from the gym, and burnt an additional 200 calories during my ride. I'm going to aim to run three times a week, the rest will be other cardio and weights, will probably get myself measured again mid June, to see if the running has made any difference, here's hoping!!!

I run 3 times a week, anything from 3m to 6m. I enjoy that rather than the gym but last year I could only run for a min then walk for a min on the treadmill. Now I'm up to running half a mile at a time and my latest stats from my running buddy show that in just 11 week I have lost almoslt 1 min of my running time per mile.

I think thats whats keeping my weight at a nice even keel at the moment with my food problems, (read previuos posts).

Get your self some thing to aim for with your running, the 'Race for Life' races are coming up and their only 5km and you could easily do that. For me I have that and the 'Great South Run' a nice 10 mile run along Southsea and Portsmouth, which I want to finish in under 2 hours, which seems do-able.
Do you have a shop in town call 'The Sweatshop@ we have a local one which offers free run nights aimed at getting peple like yourself into running, our local one is good with 2 meetings a week one for advanced runners and the other for starters.

Also with the nice (?) weather coming its good to get out.

Weighed in at home on Saturday , 12'11 in target range of 12'10. I did go IP to 12'13 and for s couple of weeks. Been at target since Feb. Went down to 12'8 at start. I find its about constantly reviewing my choices of food, I'm more relaxed about having a beer and eating off plan now and then but the majority of the week is a habit of eating the sw way. I used to train up to 4 to
6 times a week, running, cycling, swimming, karate and other stuff but this is the lightest I have been in 10 years. The diet is key to your weight, the exercise key to your fitness. Eat properly and train appropriately for your own fitness levels (goals, age etc) and you will have cracked it.

Hi just after a bit of advice and support hit my target of 9st last Monday, on Tuesday and Wednesday went on a crazy binge but have been 100% again for the rest of the week. WI again tonight and im so worried i will see a gain it would be awful if i went over the 3lb allowance in the 1st week of maintaining. Finding it really difficult to get into the mindset of not losing anymore weight and i really Dont wanna fail after coming so far. Has this ever happened to any of you.

I find it harder to maintain, but others find it easier, losing for me was a doddle, its been easier maintaining because I am on here as I find my group not so helpful. Hoping the new support book will help.
I had a binge first week and maintained. Just keep eating right and any damage you do comes back off.

Just noticed you have same target as me and I was 11st at start.
I decided at the beginning of getting to target to lose to 3 lbs under, like a failsafe of 6 lbs then for holidays. I have had problems staying in the bottom of target, I keep losing so weigh once a month but happier its not the top end.

Thanks for the reply glad im not alone in my binge session. i found it easy to lose too maybe coz i was just following the rules but now maintaining is all down to me so thats going to be the hard.
will definitely be using here for support now as i dont get much from my class either and feel totally on my own now.
Think i may try and get to the lower part of my target to give myself some extra room coz i tend to gain very easily.
will post tonight about how i get on but please keep fingers crossed for me.

Reading the last few posts I feel really lucky that my Consultant is so supportive, I stay to group every single week and she still asks how my weeks gone, how im finding maintaining, and offers advice when I inevitably fall under my target range (I sense another one this week eurgh!). Looking forward to the booklet though!

Im really still struggling to maintain and not lose more. I'm finding that actually I do have a mental block which won't let me up my Bchoices as much as I need to.....its just getting round to a new way of thinking, that I 'can' have an extra bowl of cereal if I want....so I dont lose more. Im getting better at relaxing in terms of syns, altohugh midweek I rarely have more than 5 a day (always have), on a weekend I now look forward to what I call my 'binge' day. NOrmally have friday night off and have a chocolate binge (though never to an extreme...by binge I mean a few squares or perhaps a normal sized choc bar!!) and then on saturday night I normally go out for Dinner or get a takewaway. And now going out drinking doesnt worry me, I can always def let myself go!!! (Though go out so rarely it isnt a worry to my weight)

I just need to give myself a kick sometimes and say ok, you're not going to put all 3 stone back on in one week....so enjoy something if you really fancy it!!! Is tough sometimes though....

Back