Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

I just need to give myself a kick sometimes and say ok, you're not going to put all 3 stone back on in one week....so enjoy something if you really fancy it!!! Is tough sometimes though....

Me too another bottom of target and mostly under, hubby keeps saying it would surely be impossible to put 7 pounds on in a week for me. I will have a piece of cake now have a blowout (ha like you my blowouts are half a twix and a pack of poms once a week!) I do drink white wine when I fancy it, for me only I seem to lose weight when I drink white wine.

Well i am seriously kicking myself now for being so stupid gained 3.5lb at WI Dont even know how thats possible in 1 week. has given me the push i need now to get back on track and get back to the lower side of target. i can and will do this.

Hi just after a bit of advice and support hit my target of 9st last Monday, on Tuesday and Wednesday went on a crazy binge but have been 100% again for the rest of the week. WI again tonight and im so worried i will see a gain it would be awful if i went over the 3lb allowance in the 1st week of maintaining. Finding it really difficult to get into the mindset of not losing anymore weight and i really Dont wanna fail after coming so far. Has this ever happened to any of you.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't attend a group, and isn't paying weekly if I go over/under target. Good luck, you'll be fine, and if you do go out of target range, take it as a lesson for next time! xo

EDIT- Sorry, just saw your more recent post, I've been sleeping (I'm in Australia) and am half asleep as I read this thread, sorry! It'll come off by next week, if you work at it. Chin up xo

Only a pound off therefore a pound under which I can happily live with as have busy weekend coming up where I plan to not even think about my syns....for once!!! (eurovision party anyone? haha!!!) So expecting nice chunky gain next WI!

Cheekylau don't worry you'll be surprised at how much getting back on plan even for one week can do! Remember it worked to get you to target so it'll still work :) Good luck!!

Can I join!? I want to try and maintain, hit my target of 9 stone a couple of times, but currently 2.5 over so need to loose some, I would like to get just below my target and then maintain. Not getting weighed this week so don't know what I've lost this week and expecting a gain next (hopefully this weeks loss and next weeks gain with either cancel each other out or the loss will be bigger)

Just don't feel like I'll ever get to the point of having extra HEX's

Of course you can join Donna, welcome!!! Its a tricky business.....you just need to learn to go with the flow, although I am a hypocrite and struggle to follow my own advice!!! As for extra HEBs, I don't like having more....but if I dont then I fall under target (hoping for a pound gain tonight...despite a bad weekend Im not sure I've done it as my body tends to be delayed in its reponse...ie anything eaten after thurs/fri doesnt count in time and just adds to the week after!)

Good luck maintaining :)

Weigh in tonight been 100% this week so hoping 2 get rid of some of last weeks gain and get more comfortable in target range instead of the maximum.

Lost 1lb this week happy with that as it is * week

Well done CheekyLau :)

I maintained, and had a strop because I thought I had to pay....my consultant just looked baffled and said 'what do you mean, you're still in target'...? Turns out when I thought it had been changed months ago to 10.0, it actually was changed to 9.11 (something to do with it could only be changed to what I weighed on the night and couldnt be above current weight....) so all these weeks I think I've been under and therefore been stuffing my face etc I've actually been midrange or at the higher end! oops!! Im not totally comfortable with it being this low....I think I'm going to be more paranoid about maintaining it so low....feel like I daresn't relax, which is a bit silly really as I've not strayed out of it yet! BUt then I am quite strict on the plan. On the other side I've never gotten anywhere near the bottom end of it it, so if I wanted to have a big blow out/go on holiday there would be little hope of me being able to get right down to the bottom to give myself some leeway.

SO the saga continues haha!!

Would like to join as well please. Hi everyone I'm a guy who reached target two weeks ago. Still trying to get in the right mindset from losing to maintaining. My main problem is i never do things by half. I either lose big or gain big. First weigh in after reaching target i gained 3 pounds, the second weigh in i lost 4.5 pounds. Just hope that i can find the right balance to maintain as I'm never going back to where i started from. Good luck to everyone on their maintaining.

Hi and welcome you will be in good company, I struggle with target, mainly always under, in fact since I reached target, I never stayed at it dead on once. Its good to see you, the target memebr support book out next week, hope that will have great advice.

Thanx for the welcome, yes was told i would get the target member book next week and also hope its got lots of good advice in as well.

funkymoped said:
Would like to join as well please. Hi everyone I'm a guy who reached target two weeks ago. Still trying to get in the right mindset from losing to maintaining. My main problem is i never do things by half. I either lose big or gain big. First weigh in after reaching target i gained 3 pounds, the second weigh in i lost 4.5 pounds. Just hope that i can find the right balance to maintain as I'm never going back to where i started from. Good luck to everyone on their maintaining.

I did exactly the same thing 1st week after hitting target i gained 3.5lb and last week only lost 1 so still fighting 2 get it off but i will get there again

I got told that only people who had been at target for over a year got the book! To tie in with the target member award thing thats come out for the jubilee....am going to steal one anyway!!!

We was told all target members will get the book. Hope its full of useful info

I guess us online members won't get the books, GRRRR annoying!

Hey people, wanted to ask, today when I got in from work I was FAMISHED, so instead of using my syns (had 7.5 today, and didn't want to use too many more) I had an extra HEB of 20 cashew nuts. I still stick to my 2 HEB and 1/2 HEA, I mainly do green, will this additional HEB do any damage as I ordinarily stick to the same amounts of HEB's as I did when I was losing!

My C also announced in group that the book/award would only be for members who had been at Target for more than a year, so, as I have only been for ten months, I wasn't going to bother to go this week.

Just realised the date!

So, that means ten months at target for me!

Another good excuse for celebrating this weekend, along with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee!

Hi everyone, I've been having a tough month maintaining, I began to panic but getting back on plan is doing the trick and taking the stress away. It started with a big birthday in the very first day of May. A family curry. Followed up with foreign travel for work, this turned into a huge catch up with friends and more celebrations and food. Topped off with trips up and down the motorways of England and Wales following my sons superleague team bus, early starts and late finishes on Saturdays . First mistake I made on these trips was to not be prepared to make the right choices at motorway services, my first decision was not to eat. This left me famished by the time I got to Warrington (from deepest Kent ) and my fellow travelling companion and I headed to the nearest food outlet on a retail park, Pizza Hut!
Lesson learned , so yesterday I was prepared for the trip to Wales, first services, coffee, lunch on arrival in a cafe in Bedwas jacket spud, cheese and beans. Stop in services on way home, jacket spud cheese beans.... Talk about play safe! It's all working, dropped 3lb last week and I know that another 3 will soon come off brining me bang in target again.

I maintained since Feb, going a couple of pounds under and mainly staying bang on , but a full month off plan..... It was enjoyable, I was the only one to notice I had gained some weight, mates were still asking me what training I was doing as I looked in great shape..... (nothing, too busy ...) . The weight does come off wen you go back on plan, so don't panic, get with programme.

Keep the faith

Last edited:
Back