Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

Oops pushed wrong button lol! Any way as I was sayin, I'm Hoping to reach target soon and would like some guidance on how do you maintain your weight. Any advice would be welcome, extra syns or hea - heb extra. Been on ee plan.

When maintaining your suppose to have extra HEB's rather then extra syns, but some people have extra syns instead. I haven't had chance to try and have extra HEB's yet as I've either had an event on or like this week I was below my target weight but worried I might have a gain coming from last week as I lost and wasn't expecting to, so this week I've still been eating as if I'm trying to loose. If I loose or maintain this week then I will try the extra HEB's next week

donna88 said:
When maintaining your suppose to have extra HEB's rather then extra syns, but some people have extra syns instead. I haven't had chance to try and have extra HEB's yet as I've either had an event on or like this week I was below my target weight but worried I might have a gain coming from last week as I lost and wasn't expecting to, so this week I've still been eating as if I'm trying to loose. If I loose or maintain this week then I will try the extra HEB's next week

Thanks for info, can you post result next week as I will be interested how you get on? X

Thanks for info, can you post result next week as I will be interested how you get on? X

Of course I will, weigh in on Tuesday....so not long to wait now, I'm getting nervous lol, which is silly as even if I gain a lb or 2 I'll be well within my target range

dinmeg,
the best thing about SW is that they don't tell you what your target should be. So unlike most slimming clubs if you want to set your target like I have (2 stone over what they say is my healthy weight, but at 13 stone and 5foot7inches I am happy at a size 14).

So set my target and apart from people telling me not to lose anymore I am actually very happy to stay here for a while at least, would like to lose another stone but happy at the moment.

I am happy where I am and did struggle to lose the last 1/2 stone (took me 3 months) so maybe my body likes this weight.

So set ypourself a good target aim for that then see how you feel. Good luck with your journey.

Had my 1st planned weekend off plan since i started losing in Jan and really enjoyed myself. Probably went a little overboard but am back to healthy eating today and i know i can get back on track to continue maintaining. Have now been at target 5 weeks and finally beginning to realise i can keep it off as long as i continue to use the resources i have learnt.

Back from holiday I was at bottom of my target I ate what I wanted and felt like I had put my full 6 allowed pounds on, but happy to come home to 1 and 3/4 gain. So still under target. It will already be coming off as you know I seem to struggle with keeping it on.

Has the target book got useful info about trying to keep weight on, the extra hexb's and a's do not do it for me?
What reall peeves me is I weigh at group and I fill in the online one and it still puts messages when I maintain " Don't be too disappointed, have a word with consultant etc.... I am a successful maintainer for 8 months, its not difficult for SW to recognise this and say well done at maintaining your target!! If I put on 1/2a pound and am still 2 1/2 under target the message is as depressing! It really is not a system set up for encouraging fab maintaining and it should be.
You do have to weigh in monthly hubby lost his as his work schedule always made it tough, so he missed the 4th week and lost membership. That is a shame but I keep going so we are up to date!

Back from holiday I was at bottom of my target I ate what I wanted and felt like I had put my full 6 allowed pounds on, but happy to come home to 1 and 3/4 gain. So still under target. It will already be coming off as you know I seem to struggle with keeping it on.

Has the target book got useful info about trying to keep weight on, the extra hexb's and a's do not do it for me?
What reall peeves me is I weigh at group and I fill in the online one and it still puts messages when I maintain " Don't be too disappointed, have a word with consultant etc.... I am a successful maintainer for 8 months, its not difficult for SW to recognise this and say well done at maintaining your target!! If I put on 1/2a pound and am still 2 1/2 under target the message is as depressing! It really is not a system set up for encouraging fab maintaining and it should be.
You do have to weigh in monthly hubby lost his as his work schedule always made it tough, so he missed the 4th week and lost membership. That is a shame but I keep going so we are up to date!

Has he completely lost membership or could he go to weigh and just pay for a week or two.

I find it frustrating that it doesn't recognise that your maintaining as well, it doesn't feel great when its saying don't be disheartened, even though you know your doing right you feel as if you've done something wrong when you read that.... at least I do

dinmeg,
the best thing about SW is that they don't tell you what your target should be. So unlike most slimming clubs if you want to set your target like I have (2 stone over what they say is my healthy weight, but at 13 stone and 5foot7inches I am happy at a size 14).

So set my target and apart from people telling me not to lose anymore I am actually very happy to stay here for a while at least, would like to lose another stone but happy at the moment.

I am happy where I am and did struggle to lose the last 1/2 stone (took me 3 months) so maybe my body likes this weight.

So set ypourself a good target aim for that then see how you feel. Good luck with your journey.

Thanks for the reply, i`ve already lost 2stone 9lbs i`m aiming to loose about another stone but its not near the target for slimming world but i dont want to loose anymore than that, once i get to MY target do you know if i would still pay ?

Thanks for the reply, i`ve already lost 2stone 9lbs i`m aiming to loose about another stone but its not near the target for slimming world but i dont want to loose anymore than that, once i get to MY target do you know if i would still pay ?

no just tell the weigh in lady you want to call target and she'll set it for you

Thanks for that donna88 still got a little bit to go but i just wanted to know how the whole target thing worked, still cant believe i`ve even got that word in my head, this is the first time i`ve ever even came close :)))) thanks again x

Hi guys! havent been here for a while! Been maintainng nicely (literally, I stayed the same for 3 weeks...thats a miracle for my body!) at my lower target that I didnt even realise I was. Had HUGE weekend away though just gone, lots of cake, pizza...sweets, you name it. BUt came in with a pound loss last night, unbelieveable. However I'm having an extra extra good week this week because I suspect the crap was eaten too late to show on the scales.....

I quite like my target book, it seems to be what im going alreadyt though it advises against saving your syns and having a weekend blowout...which is exactly what I do pretty much most weeks! but everyones different, and that works for me. Although I do sometimes find I slip and just go into mindless cake eating stages....which are becoming more frequent so will have to make sure I don't slip back to old habits!

I also stick to the usual number of Healthy extras....I'm just not comfortable with upping them.

Well done everyone :)

Well the naughty one pound that went on last week has disappeared at WI today, so well pleased with that!

Well done everyone who is still maintaining have not posted last two weeks weigh in. Still trying to get my head around this maintaining lark. First week i went completly of the rails the whole week you name it I ate it, my excuse was i was right at the bottom of my target. Result an 11ib gain so back to plan and working out following a fantastic second week would you believe it a 11lb loss my group was stunned as was I. Weigh in tommorow think its going to be a gain but since i was back right at the bottom of my target i should be okay. Also got my invitation today for the semi finals of the man of the year competion.

Right decision made i need to stay away from chocolate from now on coz 1 little bit from my Syns allowance is what starts off the uncontrollable binges. Dreading wi on Monday but need 2 go as i missed this Monday just gotta try as hard as i can for the rest of the week 2 limit any gain. I will do this i wont b fat again.

Its all about breaking the cycle cheekylau!! If i have choc....and then binge...I find I want it more..(sugar feeds sugar as they say) but if I manage to keep off it for a week then I want it less. Same with cake for me. Don;t know whats up with me but all my body wants is cake!! its on my mind constantly lol!!

Yeah really trying not had any chocolate 2day but its been on my mind a lot lol. Just need 2 find something else 2 use my Syns on now not that i will really b using any this week

Thought i was on for a definate gain this week but i got a one pound loss so under lowest target and got to pay next week if i don't get a gain.

Hello! I've finally found the thread I need. I set my target at 10.5 stone way back when and reached it in February, maintained for a few weeks then started dropping weight again, so revised it down to 10 stone. Was 0.5 lb from goal when I broke my hand on 3rd May and had a plaster cast put on. I wasn't going to let that stop me and reached target 23rd May. I maintained for a couple of weeks but the week my cast came off I lost 2lb and then this week lost 1.5 lb, so now I'm 0.5lb below my target zone. I don't think I need to lose anymore weight and am trying to put a bit more on this week, but also resuming running and the gym so have no idea which way my weight will go. Everyone is telling me I have lost enough weight now and some people are very concerned, even though my BMI is over 22 . . .

Any hints, tips, encouragement, advice, anecdotes, pats on the back (!) will be most welcome :) Thanks

Hi everyone I've been out the loop a bit lately! Still been going to group (i have to as I weigh everyone in....so no excuse!), and still been struggling to keep in my range as I keep dropping out the bottom. Even lost over easter, and a weekend away I managed to scrape the 1.5 I needed to avoid paying but I ate soooo much rubbish couldnt believe it. This week I was faced with paying again and was scared I hadnt put on the ppound I needed so stood on the scales in my heaviest jeans, 2jumpers, my coat and shoes and lo and behold I gained 3.5 haha putting me in the middle of range again. Just hope it doesnt lead to a deceptively big loss this week!!!:)

I found my answer!! Wear more clothes to weigh in :) Thanks so much! Next week I'll leave my shoes on and wear jeans. I can't believe I didn't think of that myself!! I have a whole 6lb to play with . . .

Back