Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

Hello can I join you? I got to target last Wednesday :) it was our 10th anniversary this weekend and we went to Bath so I've probably put on. But I have been back on plan since yesterday so hopefully it'll all come off again soon.

Hello can I join you? I got to target last Wednesday :) it was our 10th anniversary this weekend and we went to Bath so I've probably put on. But I have been back on plan since yesterday so hopefully it'll all come off again soon.

Welcome and many congratulations!! :)

Don;t worry too much about a little gain if there's been a good reason for it...it's one of the perks of being at target!!!

Can I join you all? I hit target last Wednesday & I'm delighted with myself!!

I'm just sticking to plan as normal this week and next as I wouldn't mind losing a couple of lbs before a long weekend away so that I have some wiggle room!

Hi Sinead (and everyone else)

I am looking for a bridge to 10K programme - did you follow one in particular or just make up your own programme?

By the way I am very impressed with all the runners on here !! I hope to get to 10K then a marathon next year ....(eek)
Thanks

Hi *waves* :) well done on getting to target, enjoy it!!!

My running coach came up with my training plan but I suspect she got it online somewhere! There's a group of us from my group started running but not all are doing the 10k..just me and my coach so we've had to do an extra plan for us. It starts really basic with 1min run 4mins walk etc and I'm in week 5 and it hasn't really stepped up yet so concerned I'm not going to be up to scratch! BUt I have faith! You could always start with the coach to 5k programme, its very similar and there might even be a couch to 10k programe now....not sure.

My plan started with run for 2 minutes walk for 2 minutes, then run for 3 walk for 2, run for 5 walk for 1 (each coming into about a 30 minute session) it was 10 weeks and week 10 ended with running none stop for 30 minutes.

Hi Caz and Donna

Thanks for the info - yes I have (or am just about to) complete the couch to 5K - so I can run continuously for 30 mins now - if you'd have told me that even 5 weeks ago i would have passed out with laughter!

But I am conscious that I am the sort of person who always needs a challenge (must be a short attention span or something because I am always looking for 'the next thing') - and I am concerned that if I don't have a next aim I will falter with the running and maintaining target weight.

So I was thinking the next thing would be to run 10k (will look up some programmes online) and tone up so I am comfortably in a size 10 with less flabby bits :eek: and more firm bits ;)

I don't think you need a program as such for a 10k, just increase your runs on a weekend or whenever you'd do your long run each week. Once you can run 30 minutes none stop its amazing where you can go from there, your not suppose to increase your distance by more then 10% each week but in all honesty I have before.

I know what you mean, I have my races booked because it gives me the motivation otherwise I would have just stuck with running around 30 minutes and never actually increase it.

Hi everyone
I was aiming for a target weight of 8st 7lbs, but after bouncing around between 8.11 & 9st, I decided to call target at 8st 11lbs 2 weeks ago & since then I've lost another 1.5lbs!!! Ideally I would still love to get to 8.7, but think that will come with getting back out on my bike when the weathers a bit warmer lol. I need to tone more than anything as happy with the weight I am, just waiting for the nicer weather.
Its very odd that I lost weight once I called target, but do feel the pressure is off. I haven't relaxed any on the food front, but am doing more EE days & adding in an extra HexB if I want it. Once I start burning the calories with cycling I may have to reassess the food & possibly increase the Hex's, but we'll see how it goes.

Nice to 'meet' you all & will be great to hear any tips you all have on maintaining x

I don't think you need a program as such for a 10k, just increase your runs on a weekend or whenever you'd do your long run each week. Once you can run 30 minutes none stop its amazing where you can go from there, your not suppose to increase your distance by more then 10% each week but in all honesty I have before.

I know what you mean, I have my races booked because it gives me the motivation otherwise I would have just stuck with running around 30 minutes and never actually increase it.

Looks like I am goinmg to have to book myself into some races then - and publicly announce it (so i can't wriggle out of them :D)

I am v impressed by all of the races and marathons you have done Donna - bloomin marvellous!

Hi everyone
I was aiming for a target weight of 8st 7lbs, but after bouncing around between 8.11 & 9st, I decided to call target at 8st 11lbs 2 weeks ago & since then I've lost another 1.5lbs!!! Ideally I would still love to get to 8.7, but think that will come with getting back out on my bike when the weathers a bit warmer lol. I need to tone more than anything as happy with the weight I am, just waiting for the nicer weather.
Its very odd that I lost weight once I called target, but do feel the pressure is off. I haven't relaxed any on the food front, but am doing more EE days & adding in an extra HexB if I want it. Once I start burning the calories with cycling I may have to reassess the food & possibly increase the Hex's, but we'll see how it goes.

Nice to 'meet' you all & will be great to hear any tips you all have on maintaining x

hi Kim

Well done on target! I will also be interested to hear what works for maintaining. I was really off plan yesterday - feel really bloated today - but have been for run tonight and will be following EE for the rest of the week til weigh in on Weds - so hoping the off plan day won't have added lbs!!!

Hi everyone

As you know I'm probably not the best for advice on maintaining as I've maintained for a year by eating loads and then dieting again the following weeks until I have another event planned :p haven't been out of target except at Christmas though so its worked, hoping with all the running I can finally start introducing more healthy extra's in a few weeks (won't next week as even if I loose enough weight to be back at target I have plans on Sunday so that will probably make me maintain)

Looks like I am goinmg to have to book myself into some races then - and publicly announce it (so i can't wriggle out of them :D)

I am v impressed by all of the races and marathons you have done Donna - bloomin marvellous!

Thank you.... although they're only the ones I have booked.... haven't run them yet.... in fact I'm terrified of all of them, first one on Sunday, looking forward to it but very scared as well

Hi Sinead (and everyone else)

I am looking for a bridge to 10K programme - did you follow one in particular or just make up your own programme?

By the way I am very impressed with all the runners on here !! I hope to get to 10K then a marathon next year ....(eek)
Thanks

Hi sfk28. I used an app for the bridge to 10k programme & found it very good. It's just called 'bridge to 10k' and I've attached a picture of the app if you have a smart phone. It starts off with run 10 minutes, walk 1 minute x 4 times and is 6 weeks long.

Bridge to 10k.jpg

Im happy to say, Im 5 weeks into maintaining & still keeping to the same weight more or less. I have changed my eating plan as I used to do a mix of all 3 plans, but now I follow EE with usually an extra Hexb & it seem to be working very well for me. I feel so much more chilled with it all, even tho I obsessively still keep a daily food diary as that helps keep me on the straight & narrow!

Well done Kim, it's all about finding what works for you! I do EE or Green, but only have an extra B choice when I'm doing EE at the minute as I'm finding myself really binging on chocolate which is very unlike me so the extra B choices not needed as my binges are doing enough damage! Hoping I can shake it off as I feel awful after I've scoffed it!!

Well done Kim, it's all about finding what works for you! I do EE or Green, but only have an extra B choice when I'm doing EE at the minute as I'm finding myself really binging on chocolate which is very unlike me so the extra B choices not needed as my binges are doing enough damage! Hoping I can shake it off as I feel awful after I've scoffed it!!

Haha! I had a choc caramel easter egg on saturday & know how you feel....think the guilt feeling is worse than actually 'dieting' lol!
I also thought that another way to maintain would be, if I had a bit of a blowout one day/weekend, just be uber strict for the rest of the week & it should balance out. Haven't had that happen yet, so we shall see!

I've had an amazingly good week this week, fingers crossed I loose 2lbs (which will put me dead on target) then over the Easter hols its not the end of the world if I gain a little... although planning on making sensible choices where I can and just having a few extra treats, but not going absolutely silly on it.

Last nights WI was paaaiiinfuuuuul haha. Still in target but my binging totally caught up with me...and this week I have leftover tiffin to eat....3 meals out....a night out...plus going to my mums who has proudly listed all the easter treats she has bought us (including Vice Versas...used to be my FAVE as a child....) so yeah, not going to be pretty! But I think I will take one of the perks of being a target member and just skip weigh in next week!!!! As I do the weigh in's I go every week so I'm not going to slip into the trap of constantly missing WIs...although the website says if you go you should get weighed my C is pretty relaxed and as long as we get weighed once a month or so she's happy

Last nights WI was paaaiiinfuuuuul haha. Still in target but my binging totally caught up with me...and this week I have leftover tiffin to eat....3 meals out....a night out...plus going to my mums who has proudly listed all the easter treats she has bought us (including Vice Versas...used to be my FAVE as a child....) so yeah, not going to be pretty! But I think I will take one of the perks of being a target member and just skip weigh in next week!!!! As I do the weigh in's I go every week so I'm not going to slip into the trap of constantly missing WIs...although the website says if you go you should get weighed my C is pretty relaxed and as long as we get weighed once a month or so she's happy

But think about this positively........you are aware of it & reign it in & know that you have to be careful over the next couple of weeks to compensate for the choccie damage lol!

Exactly! I think sometimes I just ned to get it out my system. I rarely bother with choc and sweets, or if I do I'm lucky in that I can have a couple of squares of a big bar and put the rest back in the fridge and not think about it. But sometimes my body overrides that and I go mad haha. I do find though the more I eat the more I crave it, so once I break this cycle and cut back again I should be fine :) will just have to replace it with rocky road hi-fi's nom!

Back