Anyone Maintaining Who Wants Help And Mutual Support To Stay Put?

I'm in! I have 5 lbs to go to get bk to target then I will be back to maintaining!! Your right! this group should be the biggest and more support needs to be given to maintainers as it is sooo hard, especially when your surrounded by people loosing, I found maintaining to be a bit of a shock after loosing. xx

I'm in! I have 5 lbs to go to get bk to target then I will be back to maintaining!! Your right! this group should be the biggest and more support needs to be given to maintainers as it is sooo hard, especially when your surrounded by people loosing, I found maintaining to be a bit of a shock after loosing. xx

Im sure you will have those 5lb off in no time......hope you had a good time putting it on lol! Its knowing that when you have put on a few pounds, that you can reign it back in.
Luckily for me, I was 1.5lbs under target, had a bit of a blowout last weekend which took me just up to 4oz under target lol!

Now that sounds fun. unfortunately I was v.stressed and overwrked and didnt eat enough then would have a takeaway as my dinner and would eat it that quick I wouldnt enjoy it and felt worse after. Since Ive been bk on plan I feel great and have had lots of energy xx

Still maintaining whoop. Smack bang in middle of target but now Ive gotten into the habit of getting weighed in my boots and coat etc so may need to make sure I don't end up going under in the summer months!! Strangely I don't like being in the middle of target, much prefer being at the bottom end but I don't think thats a good thing!

Right on the top end of my target range, getting really nervous for WI at 5 now as I'm terrified I'll gain, even if its half a lb that will take me out of target :( I have been 100% on plan so should loose, but my body is a funny thing and likes to throw a few surprise gains in there.... wouldn't be so bad but I can't make WI next week so will def have to pay if I end up out of target this week.

can't you get your C to put next week down as a holiday donna? I did that when I went out of target one week and was away the next and I didn't have to pay as when I next got weighed I was back in.

can't you get your C to put next week down as a holiday donna? I did that when I went out of target one week and was away the next and I didn't have to pay as when I next got weighed I was back in.

Ahh that's good. That was the plan, but I wasn't sure if I could use the holiday like that. :) Thank you

Well thats what I did but I don't always think my consultant sticks rigidly to the rules haha!!! Its changed now anyway, before when I went out of target if I hadn't got back in by the next week, I went back to pay, fair enough. Then the next week I went and registered as before, got weighed, and if still not back in had to go back and pay again..fine. However the last time, as soon as I went and registered I had to pay even though I hadn't been weighed and when I did get weighed was back in target. Wasn't happy! although its just made me determined to make sure I get back in during that grace week, or don't come out at all haha. Sure that's changed though.

Good luck tonight Donna! Think light thoughts!

ive only come out of target once and had to go back to pay the second week but after that had to pay straight away ubyil i was back into my target range, i assumed thats how it had always been.

thankyou, ill let you know how i get on

looks like it might ve two weeks i miss now as well, ive had to book my smear in for 5 the following tues, doctors is very close to where we go to get weighed though so hoping im done in time to still get weighed

Hi Ladies,
I came out of target last week after a lovely Easter. I haven't been as good as I should have been so actually quite scared about weighing tomorrow. I really don't want to be sent back to pay! Ooh the stress. I was tempted not to go but I will as I am afraid I might hit the slippery slope otherwise.

Hi Ladies,
I came out of target last week after a lovely Easter. I haven't been as good as I should have been so actually quite scared about weighing tomorrow. I really don't want to be sent back to pay! Ooh the stress. I was tempted not to go but I will as I am afraid I might hit the slippery slope otherwise.

I always go even when I know I'm out of target, it does keep me on the straight & narrow, it's tough especially when you have to start paying again, but worth it in the end, good luck for tomorrow x

Yeah I'm the same, def keeps me focused. Its really bad in my group though as the scales are right up the other end of the room so once you've been weighed if you have to go back and pay you have to do the walk of shame right back up to the computer haha! It's all in good jest though!

Aww bless you, we have to walk around the table from paying to getting weighed, but its all on the same long table with a chair in the way to stop people skipping straight from the pay station to WI (to make you look at what they have on the table display wise) so when we're out of target they just let the person taking payments know and we skip the que via the chair.

I suppose that's the good thing about having to pay straight away after your weeks grace, your not constantly doing the walk of shame if your out of target for a few weeks.

I forgot to update in here, I lost half a lb so I didn't come out of target, all that worry over nothing. Also plans have changed for brothers Birthday, still will be missing WI but we're going out for tea instead, which means I may be able to be good but even if I decide to go a little off plan it won't be as bad as the pizza would have been. I will be missing one, possibly two WI's but now I will def be expecting a loss when I get back.

Thanks ladies. I lost 2lbs so thankfully back in target and no walk of shame for me! Everyone is really supportive anyway so it would have been fine.
I really need to keep going to group to keep me on the straight and narrow.

We sometimes it's easy & sometimes its not so easy. I still count my syns, I still have the correct amount of hexs, but SW is about incorporating healthy eating into your life, which I think I have. I do enjoy myself but I make sure when I'm outside my target range, that I get back as soon as possible. I still go to class which I feel I need.

Thanks Quins :)

If anyone is wondering what prompted Quins to post then here is an extract from my food diary as posted yesterday................

"I'm feeling very underwhelmed at the moment, I achieved my s/w diamond award and got it from group tonight- a certificate! No sticker, no pin badge (which I was expecting) no fanfare, no flowers ( I have heard that some have been given these, flowers that is, not fanfare!) Ok I didn't stay to group but when I told the consultant I had qualified ( yes I had to tell her) I let her know when I would be attending the group to where I'm registered ( I group hop and go to different ones sending on my shifts) and said I would stay if she wanted to present it but she said there was no need to stay I could just collect it, I thought she might have wanted to make more of my achievement but it seemed not so I didn't stay, I figured if she wasn't arsed then neither was I. Very disappointing. Even a "well done" might have been nice, rant over!!!"

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aww thats shocking! But my consultant doesnt bother with diamond award, I only realised a week or two after I had qualified and told her and she mentioned it in class but no certificate or anything. BUt the next week she was away and it came up in conversation with the covering consultant and she was horrified and got me a pin badge straight away haha. Think target members should be recognised for such achievements as everyone in group thinks being at target is easy and it isnt always!!!

I do think it is a shame that different consultants do these things differently. It is hard being a target member and people seem to forget that at times, recognition from things like the diamond awards are great and really help to keep you on track. It sounds a bit silly, but sometimes it can be hard seeing people get awards for loosing weight and you can almost feel forgotten as a target member.

My consultant is great with us target members and always asks us for advice for new members or members who are struggling, again its silly but that really helps make us feel part of the group and appreciated.

Back