Anyone on red and green still? Struggle with extra easy!

AP2G16

Hello,

I did slimming world 5 years ago and lost 4 Stone easily back when it was red and green but extra had been just introduced. I did well with red and green days. Now 5 years on with a baby in between and I'm overweight again, I'm trying again but I hate hate hate extra easy. I'm eating far too much and just not getting on well with it.

I'm exercising intensely 5 days a week. Started clubbercise, spin and a hula hoop class. Alongside the gym and swimming.

Any old red and greens still about?

Meeee!! I do mainly red days, with the odd EE day thrown in.
I had my 3rd baby 6 months ago and I'm back on SW to get rid of the baby weight.
I love red, it has helped me lose the weight after each baby, whereas EE just bloats me xx

That's what I've been finding. I'm eating loads of white cards on EE that I don't need. I'm doing a red day today and will see how I get on. Only do EE when I need too.

Wonder if there is an old plan group? :bunnydance:

There is a facebook group called SW old skool.....

I mainly do EE, but find I lose slower on it tbh. I am sticking with it though as it is easier to cook just one regular family meal, rather than having to cook different things for me.

I do long term SP which is similar to red. If you're going to group, you may not get much consultant support as they have to promote EE but there's no reason you can't continue on the old plans if they worked better.

But you don't have to eat loads of carbs on EE just because they're allowed. My EE days are usually the same as my SP days with a small portion of potato at dinner, or a bit of sushi, etc. I mainly dip back to EE when going out, since I can't control the menu and almost everything is served with carbs.

I do long term SP which is similar to red. If you're going to group, you may not get much consultant support as they have to promote EE but there's no reason you can't continue on the old plans if they worked better.

But you don't have to eat loads of carbs on EE just because they're allowed. My EE days are usually the same as my SP days with a small portion of potato at dinner, or a bit of sushi, etc. I mainly dip back to EE when going out, since I can't control the menu and almost everything is served with carbs.

I know I can do extra easy and just go easy on the carbs but with red i know that those are the rules and then i'm more likely to stick at it because those are the rules. we were finding ourselves eating potatoes 5 nights a week so we've ensured we meal plan more effectively now. We are a house of 4 adults and a baby at the moment so we do all fresh cooking and we agree amongst us every week the menu but alot of the time I can just decline a portion of potatoes or rice and just have the other bits. Tonight i'm cooking and we're having teryaki tuna with veggies and i'll do everyone else some noodles too.

I'll look at the old school SW group. I remember all the red day rules etc so even if i do 4 red and rest extra easy.

I love the old days I agree with the over eating I have learned to curb that now an have a small portion of carbs with extra easy, with sp why when you can do a red day an still eat a yoghurt or snack on crab sticks. I also find it easy to have two bs as I get really stuck with lunch ideas if u have used my b for cereal or in the morning, my consultant knows I sometimes do red days but my last one would not allow it in her group an I was not allowed to mention it in group.

I still follow the green plan but there's no support for it at all in group. I don't like EE, I love my two HEB too much!! I have the odd SP day which is quite like the Red day but I can still have my two HEB

I am a huge carb lover so still do a few green days a week along with EE. Like Samantha says, I love having two HexB's!

Hello,

I did slimming world 5 years ago and lost 4 Stone easily back when it was red and green but extra had been just introduced. I did well with red and green days. Now 5 years on with a baby in between and I'm overweight again, I'm trying again but I hate hate hate extra easy. I'm eating far too much and just not getting on well with it.

I'm exercising intensely 5 days a week. Started clubbercise, spin and a hula hoop class. Alongside the gym and swimming.

Any old red and greens still about?

Yes! I am a Red/Green Girl. I couldn't even understand Extra Easy! when I asked people what they ate it sounded like they just ate what i was having before going on my diet. With R/G I know where I am each day - meat one day, carbs the next - Simples! and it works so why do I need to change it. but I have just started back on it again after a period of trying other diets (without long therm success) and I am struggling with the low fat part of the diet. I guess I could use my syns for fats.

Did you go back to R/G or continue with EE? how did it go?

Back