Anyone remember when

:drool: corned beef quiche, cambells meatballs and wrestlers burgers in gravy... and Tesco's used to do a tin of bubble and squeak that used to be absolutely yummy.... hungry now :rolleyes::bliss:

Mmmm Campbells Meatballs! Had half a tin for my lunch today with boiled rice 7.5 syns!!!! :eek:

Mmmm Campbells Meatballs! Had half a tin for my lunch today with boiled rice 7.5 syns!!!! :eek:

Nooooooo...... used to eat them by the bucket load, actually, probably explains some of todays issues :doh:

Yeah do you remember the In the Can book that listed all the free canned foods. If it aint broke lol....

Was disappointed coming back to SW to find that all those kind of foods no w had syns - though had already heard that corned beef was off the list.

However - if i make my own corned beef using a traditional receipie - i wonder if that's synned (brisket, and salt, and water is about it as i recall).

.....and oddly enough, despite eating all those free foods, my losses used to be soooooo much better than they are today!
Work that one out!!!??????

Yes my weight loss was better then. I might give it a try for a week seeing as I still have all the books from the good old days lol, and see what happens. :D

.....and oddly enough, despite eating all those free foods, my losses used to be soooooo much better than they are today!
Work that one out!!!??????

Might possibly be because you were taking in a somewhat higher percentage of fat than you are now .... it's very easy to have too little fat on the Green plan for instance, but surprisingly enough you need a certain amount of fat to burn fat!

I wasn't getting a lot of fat for a while after I gave up dairy, so now I have a tablespoon of olive oil most days. :)

one of my fave meals was a can of macaroni cheese with a jacket potatoes and steamed parsnips and brocoli , :D
i did really well loosing weight then , i too still have the old books :eek:

Might possibly be because you were taking in a somewhat higher percentage of fat than you are now .... it's very easy to have too little fat on the Green plan for instance, but surprisingly enough you need a certain amount of fat to burn fat!

I wasn't getting a lot of fat for a while after I gave up dairy, so now I have a tablespoon of olive oil most days. :)

Absolutely agree with you there! Years ago, SW didn't seem to be quite so low fat as it is now....and as a fan of low carb diets, I know you have to eat plenty of fat to lose fat(and yes as crazy as it sounds, it does work!)
You have made a very valid point, one that I hadn't thought of and it certainly makes sense now.
I mainly stick to red days now as I just don't lose on green days anymore. Yet years ago, I only ever followed green days as I was a vegetarian for 16 years and had great losses!

I still make corned beef hash - lean corned beef only 2 syns for 100g, just add an extra tin of chopped tomatoes and put a bit of salad on the side of the plate - all good :)

Corned beef. Stagg Chilli, and much more - those were the days

yup i did sw about 8 yr ago and i used to love stagg chilli, when i started again this time iwas shocked to find it was 11 syns a tin, the hot one is 5.5 i think, but its so hot it doesnt taste of anything except burny burny

They tried to say that a lot of things weren't free now because the manufacturers had changed recipes but it would be too coincidental that all tinned and convenience foods changed exactly at the same time, exactly when the new plan came out?!

Fair enough the farmfoods mac cheese might be slightly different to what it was (it's possible) but surely corned beef is corned beef lol

They tried to say that a lot of things weren't free now because the manufacturers had changed recipes but it would be too coincidental that all tinned and convenience foods changed exactly at the same time, exactly when the new plan came out?!

Fair enough the farmfoods mac cheese might be slightly different to what it was (it's possible) but surely corned beef is corned beef lol

If I remember rightly, thats why they sold us a new book of canned food every year, 'cos of the changes. would be interesting if some-one was brave enough to give the "old style" SW a go...

If I remember rightly, thats why they sold us a new book of canned food every year, 'cos of the changes. would be interesting if some-one was brave enough to give the "old style" SW a go...

Hmmm I'll need to look out my old food directory! I'm only on day 4 but I'd def be willing to give it a try. I don't think I have the canned book but I def have the free foods book. I'll need to have a hunt for it though ooooh loving the thought of farmfoods mac cheese now!

Hmmm I'll need to look out my old food directory! I'm only on day 4 but I'd def be willing to give it a try. I don't think I have the canned book but I def have the free foods book. I'll need to have a hunt for it though ooooh loving the thought of farmfoods mac cheese now!

Did you find your books. Are you going to give it a go if so we will all be waiting with anticipation to see how you get on.

Back