Anyone scared of the snow tomorrow?

Karen1972

Gold Member
I think it's a very pretty substance but it scares me to death - i hate driving in it and hate walking on it even more :cry:

So, tomorrow's forecast is the heaviest snowfall for 10 years!

It's starting in Wales at about 9/10pm then spreading east to London at about rush hour tomorrow morning.

My dilemma?

I have to drive to London tomorrow, from Cardiff, and home again in the evening!! Am planning to leave home at 5am (so i'll prob be the first person on the road in my village!), and the motorway is about 20 miles away from me - yikes. Also by the time i get to London it will be at it's worst!!!!

Anyone else worrying about tomorrow's journey to work?

I have to admit it doesnt bother me but I can totally relate to what youre saying my mum is like that, in fact Id say shes phobic about it. Its great now she and my dad are retired but when she was working if there was snow forecast or it was snowing at bedtime shed be up 10/15 times during the night to check on it. She makes herself ill.

My brother and I both work shifts so are out at all times of the day and night and she hates that too when its snowing.

Hopefully with the forecast the gritters and snow ploughs will be out in force tonight.

I hope its not too bad for you. Take care!!

Hun - I'd wait and see what happens - weather men forever get stuff wrong:rolleyes: ..... but then if they are right and you wake up and it's bad I really wouldn't risk going...... I'm sure your office/clients in London would understand - you'd probably spend most of the day stuck in the car trying to get there anyway!!!!!:eek:

If you do decide to go - take care

love

the only thing im worried about is that there wont be enough to stop me going to work! LOL

Hi Sandy and Mich

Thanks for that. I probably have a very very mild phobia about it cos i spun off a motorway a few years ago after hitting a patch of ice and almost ended up in a ditch - scared the bejeesus outta me!

I'm only meeting colleagues tomorrow but we are due to run training courses to our dealers on a new price list and software package and it's the only time we can meet before the training starts aaarrrgghh!!

If it's mega deep i won't go though... but if it's reasonable and the radio reports are not scary i might give it a go!

I don't like driving or walking in the snow - except when it's weekends and we go into the countryside for walks - but kitted up properly.

I'm lucky I don't need to go out anywhere tomorrow - so feel sorry for you Karen. Take care - drive slowly - and make sure you have your mobile, charger, warm blankets, and some food and drink in the car just in case.

Hopefully it won't be as bad as predicted.

the only thing im worried about is that there wont be enough to stop me going to work! LOL

Ha ha that brought me right back to earth with a bump! Am i really worrying about something keeping me from work haha!

Thing is tho i'm fully set up to work from home so i'd have to do that! And i HATE working from home!!

Hope you get the day off chick!

I don't like driving or walking in the snow - except when it's weekends and we go into the countryside for walks - but kitted up properly.

I'm lucky I don't need to go out anywhere tomorrow - so feel sorry for you Karen. Take care - drive slowly - and make sure you have your mobile, charger, warm blankets, and some food and drink in the car just in case.

Hopefully it won't be as bad as predicted.

Thanks Bev - my friend says take a blanket, my boss says take an overnight back incase i can't get back home - WTF?

It's crazy in this country when snow hits us isn't it??

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's crazy in this country when snow hits us isn't it??

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Absolutely, everything grinds to a half.

Hope you have a decent journey tomorrow, I don't envy you.

Know exactly what you mean about the snow, Karen. See what it is like in the morning and plan from there. Dont worry about it now. It may not be as bad as they say.

My son was 17 yesterday and is due to have his first driving lesson at 9.30am tomorrow. He is desperate to start driving but the snow is due to arrive in East Anglia by breakfast time, so I think he may be out of luck.

Karen,

i'm totally with you on this one! I had a bad crash in the snow 6 years ago and now have ahuge 4x4 for that reason but even when i had to drive in it 2 weeks ago i felt sick and panicked!

Work have been good and have booked all of us that will have travel probs tomorrow in a hotel tomorrow evening....

I do love the snow but not looking forward to my Journey into the city from kent tomorrow morning

Like you, I hate driving in the snow and hate walking in it too. I always look like I've got two wooden legs when I walk ever-so-gingerly in icy conditions (and always walk near a wall / fence in case I have to grab on!)

I skidded across an icy patch in my huge two-and-a-half ton 4X4 people mover once and it was horrible! I've got a trip along a MANIC motorway tomorrow to get to Uni and hope desperately that the snow gives us a miss. It's bad enough on there when it's normal!

On the upside, we get less snow here on the south coast so with a bit of luck it'll just be 'cold'. Roll on Springtime!!

Hi Bev and everyone else!

Well i managed to get to London and back in one piece - as soon as i got on the motorway i was fine - but that 20 mile drive through small villages to the newport was hellish - i was so stressed out - sliding all over the place! I left at 5am so not many people had been on the road before me... I nearly turned round to come home so many times haha!

It's snowing here again today - what's it like where you are?

I'm supposed to be going out tonight with my sisters for one of their birthdays - can't see it happening in this weather though, taxi's don't like driving in it at 2am do they??

Gutting!

Not much snow here Karen.

Was worried last night as my 15yr old son was off to Ireland via Holyhead. Must text him to check he's arrived safely!!!

Have an evening in tonight instead with yr sister and have a girlie pampering night!

I hope your son arrived safely hun.

It's really bad here, really thick snow flakes - v pretty but oh so inconvenient!!!

I've just spoken to my taxi driver, we may go out locally (altho still about 4 miles away), so i've provisionally booked cabs for 7pm going out and 1am coming home - but gotta call him later this afternoon to see if he's willing to work!

My sisters are not really into girly nights in, they'd rather spend nights in with their kids!

haha i know, i thought that when i typed it!! I was gonna say cab firm but he just works for himself haha.

can't see us going out tonight to be honest - yikes a friday night in shock horror!

The snow was a big non-event in West Norfolk/North Cambridgeshire yesterday. We hardly had any and even the mionor roads were clear. So my son got his wish and he had his first driving lesson. He loved it. That means I have got to start looking for car for him. Yikes! it is not so much the cost of the car that worries me it is the cost of the insurance for a 17 year old.

Back