Anyone seen/received the recipe book yet?

The Dukan Recipe Book

• I have ordered the book...

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I have received/seen the book...

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I have no intention of buying the book (yet/ever)!

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
i just think it should say exactly wot is in the picture so that noone will be mislead lol

and thank you to anju and jo u r spot on !!

(I swore never to spend another penny on "diet books"!)

It's arrived

Not overly impressed at first browse - the receipes mostly sound a bit odd - presumably because they are translated from French.

it looks like there's a new version of the diet book due out in January.... the cover has altered slightly now saying "Grazia: The diet French women swear by" instead of millions of french people can't be wrong... or whatever it said on the recent one :)

I dont think its that bad, the recipes are a tad samey but what can you do with a limited amount of ingredients? I think its fine, I dont have to think hmmm what will work with what, I can just look through the book and find something or just to give inspiration. I hate all the sweetener blurb, if you dont like it switch to something else, I am TBH more concerned with the amount of monosodium glutamate, trans fats, hydrogenated fats and salt that is used in comercial cooking than a bit of sweetener added to taste in a yogurt. Its just like any other diet really, it wont suit everyone, and you have to base it round your lifestyle and find out how it works for you and how much tweaking you can do round it. For me its a lifestyle change and its working, slowly yes but if I wanted it to go quicker I could say no to that glass of wine at the weekend but I hardly see a soul in the week and the weekend is my time.
So while the book is a bit boring , I havent even read the intro bit, its not that bad and takes the guess work out of a lot of it

Mmm they were ok but I wuoldn't bother again. Don't think the cocoa added anything to the taste - I would rather make some cocolate cream to sandwich them together I can write the recipe down if anyone wants it.

mmm have to admit I'm not a meringue fan - unless it's lemon - can't stand those little ones you get in a tub :S....

but the idea of the chocolate swayed me....obviously it's not enough chocolate to make a difference...so it does beg the question of why bother...

I like recipes which kill cravings :) not pay them lip service without quenching them...

right now I'm like a recipe that kills a houmous/peanut butter/chocolate craving :D please!

I like meringue when its for pavlova or eton mess but cant see the point when its without cream and fruit.

Anyone made anything else from it yet?

Has a quick look and there are some really great ideas, I done one called 'Vietnamese Shakin Beef' for dinner and it was delicious, I have posted the recipe

Back