anyone seen the vagina monologues?

big bear

A bear on a mission!
It's on at our local theatre with sue jenkins, roxanne pallett & nikki sanderson.

I'm thinking of going is it any good?

Do they just talk about lady bits lol

I was going to see it and then googled the write up and thought again. I'm not good with traumatic things and it indicated that some of the stories may be traumatic i.e. female castration and rape:(. I just whimped out after reading the reviews, which said it was excellent and covered some unpleasant as well as hilarious stories.

I saw it years ago, I cant even remember who was in it but do remember the audience gasping at the repeated use of the word c*nt.

It was good/interesting but not wow IMO.

I'm going to see this in October.

I've not seen the 'proper' one, but my old uni does the charity version every year, which I think is much the same. Some of the monologues are really funny, some of them are really sad, it's basically a real mish mash of everything to do with being a woman - from growing up, coming to terms with sexuality, dealing with periods, to, as pammyd says, things like female castration, rape, prostitution. Our version also touched on transexuality but not sure if the 'real' one includes that.

If you're of a sensitive disposition it's probably not for you as some of the monologues are quite graphic and crude. I'm really looking forward to it though!

i was talking to my bezzie mate about going to see this - go with an open mind i say - but if easily offended - perhaps not!!! x

I'm really opened minded & use the 'C' word quite often usually when referring to mil pmsl

Back