anyone seen the vagina monologues?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by big bear, 8 September 2010 Social URL.

1. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    It's on at our local theatre with sue jenkins, roxanne pallett & nikki sanderson.

I'm thinking of going is it any good?

Do they just talk about lady bits lol

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pammyd

pammyd Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I was going to see it and then googled the write up and thought again. I'm not good with traumatic things and it indicated that some of the stories may be traumatic i.e. female castration and rape:(. I just whimped out after reading the reviews, which said it was excellent and covered some unpleasant as well as hilarious stories.

4. downsizingmycurves

downsizingmycurves Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3.5lb(18.24%)
    Diet:
    Currently Paul McKenna
    I saw it years ago, I cant even remember who was in it but do remember the audience gasping at the repeated use of the word c*nt.

It was good/interesting but not wow IMO.

5. -Laura-

-Laura- Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(16.35%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm going to see this in October.

I've not seen the 'proper' one, but my old uni does the charity version every year, which I think is much the same. Some of the monologues are really funny, some of them are really sad, it's basically a real mish mash of everything to do with being a woman - from growing up, coming to terms with sexuality, dealing with periods, to, as pammyd says, things like female castration, rape, prostitution. Our version also touched on transexuality but not sure if the 'real' one includes that.

If you're of a sensitive disposition it's probably not for you as some of the monologues are quite graphic and crude. I'm really looking forward to it though!

6. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

I'm goijng to see this with my partner ;)

7. daisymae2

daisymae2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.53%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    I went to see it a few months ago. It is really hilarious but also has about 2 items that make you really think. Nikki Sanderson handles it really well. I would say it is well worth going to see it.

8. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

i was talking to my bezzie mate about going to see this - go with an open mind i say - but if easily offended - perhaps not!!! x

9. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I'm really opened minded & use the 'C' word quite often usually when referring to mil pmsl

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.