Anyone started sw or rejoined after giving birth?

Girl27

fattybumbum
I have fallen off plan during my pregnancy I am due end of August I would like to get back on plan as soon as I can but i'm worried about all the cooking involved. Thanks :)

Well, it would be a really good idea to get good at cooking before the baby's born - he'll need good food too to grow healthy and strong. He / she'll be 6 months old and on solids before you know it! The sw cook books are really good. There's one called "30 minute meals" so you won't be spending too long cooking but know that you're filling yourself and your family with really good, fresh food.
Good luck!

Hi, I rejoined 5 weeks at postnatal. If you read the small print in the book it says you need permission from your doctor to join before your 6-8 week check but they didn't argue with me. If you breast feed you can have loads of healthy extras which makes the diet easier to follow (dreading going back to 2 a day). I think you need to get confident with the baby before you can think about the cooking and weekly meetings so just join when you feel up to it. I think I am going simpler with the food this time round - fried egg rather than omlette, fair no of jacket potatoes and cheese, but still quite a bit of cooking from scratch to be done. One step at a time though - good luck with the birth and early motherhood.

Forgive me for sounding blunt, but any idiot can cook. Just follow the recipe;)

Forgive me for sounding blunt, but any idiot can cook. Just follow the recipe;)

Id think the OP is probably more concerned about finding time with a newborn baby to cook a lot rather than her ability to follow a recipe

Forgive me again, but people have been cooking and having babies since the beginning of time! It's only in recent history and the arrival of pre-cooked food in supermarkets that women today seem to think they're doing something extraordinary by cooking. If more women would get off their arrises and cook, there wouldn't be so many weight problems and there wouldn't be so many fat children. There's nothing sadder than overweight kids and it's not their fault. That's just my humble opinion that you can dismiss at will ;)

Back