Consolidation Anyone still lost weight on conso. . ?

petal91

Hi
I am a stone away and about 6 weeks away from target weight (set by Dr Dukan).
I am just wondering if anyone has lost more weight during conso? I want to weugh less than Dr D's true weught for me (would still make me 11.5stone).
Worth moving to conso or staying on cruise til im happy?
Any advise is appreciated. Thanks :)

Petal, I can't really answer this as I too am so close to my TW, I have 4lb left to go and really want to be TW by mid June. The last couple of months have been very hit and miss and I had to make some changes like reducing dairy and eggs and cutting out the packs of meat and crabsticks. I guess it all depends whether or not you are happy as you are, but from what I have read and heard a lot of people still lose a bit of weight in conso.

I filled out the online form and was told my deadline was end of April, but then I had binge and failure over Christmas which took ages to lose. Easter was a single day binge, but bad none the less.

I would suggest you stay on cruise until you get to target - conso is designed to maintain weight not lose it - I know some people when moving to conso did lose a little (me included) but it soon steadied out and I went back up to target (I only lost about 2lb when I moved to conso) - I've been on conso nearly a year now and I vary from being a couple of pounds under target to being a couple of pounds over - but I didn't move to conso until I hit target - I think if you want to lose another stone you won't do it if you move onto conso now - stick with cruise and you will get there then you will have plenty of time on conso xx

I dont think i phrased what i meant very well :)
I am planning to stay on cruise for deffo until i hit my target. . . My question is more that i feel that 11.5stone (although its the weight dr dukan said is my true weight) may still be too big and i want to lose some more.
I would like to be 10.5 stome ideally. Is it stupid/unrealistic/me getting paranoid and addicted or would it be ok to stay on cruise amd lose more weight than target weight suggests? Thanks

Ahhhhh I see. LOL, yep now I understand.

Right, when I first started Dukan I did the website calculator and it said my TW was 12st 13lb, this was based on me wanting to lose 5stone and wanting to be 13st exactly, so it told me I needed to lose a tiny bit more.....i put 5st because 6½ sounded too scary.

Once I reached the half way point I decided it wasn't as scary and I could get there. Soooo I re did the calculator with the new weight I wanted to be...however I couldn't really remember what answers I'd put in before (mainly cos a couple of them didn't really apply) anyway I answered to the best of my ability and it gave me a new TW of 11st 11lb, I had said I wanted to be 11st 7lb.....I still do.

So in answer to your last post, I have not gone for what Dr D says is my TW I am going for what I feel is my TW. After all this diet is about being a weight YOU want to be. Had I reached a point where I wasn't losing weight any more despite any alterations I made (lower dairy for instance) then I would accept that I had reached my body's TW. If you read the book it tells you about how your body remembers the highest and lowest you have ever been. I have been 11st 3lb twenty years ago so maybe my body remembers that and is happy for me to be near to it.

You have to go for what you feel is right for you. HTH LOL xx

It's funny isn't it cos sometimes i think you set your targets too high.....I was advised by the dr D digital thingy that my target weight should be 11st 5lb. I was ok with that, cos it was a vast improvement on what I was and I didn't get want to get over ambitious, bearing in mind I was a lot older than I was in my prime, so to speak.

But when I got close to target it got really difficult to shift the weight. I struggled for a good few weeks and was within 2lb or so of target, but really couldn't get any lower. So I decided to move to conso, and surprise surprise I started losing again. Amazingly I lost a load more on conso and I've managed to hang onto that for a while now. ( it does require a lot of effort though)

So my advice is to take it as far as you can on cruise, but don't be too concerned about going to conso because sometimes it's just the boost the body needs and you can lose on conso too. At the least, so long as you're doing it right, you won't put on. But do bear in mind it does get harder the lower you go to keep at that level.

Supertonic great post, that was what I was reading about how its hard work to keep it off, how our bodies remember the weight we were and it really wants to go back to the comfy zone, which is our highest weight, then when it gets there if it does, it puts more on to keep it from losing it again, hence Yo Yo dieting.

So when I read how it is just as hard a job to stay at that new low weight as it was to lose it I thought....ah makes sense, but I can do it. I have this fear that I become just as obsessed with the scales as I have been during the diet, checking every morning to see if I have gained or stayed the same...not looking to lose obviously. But I worry that the little bits of carbs we are allowed to have with the cheese and bread etc., that all of a sudden I seem to be putting weight on and I will panic. But I have to tell myself, that my new weight is just that, its New. And like anything that we buy that's new, we look after it, we polish it and clean it and make sure we don't drop it. We keep it new and shiny and that's what I intend to do with my new weight...........its taken me twenty years to get here, and I will stay here. I will not let the numbers rule me. Just remind me of that in a month LOL when I do start panicking LOL. Think I might copy this into my diary as a reminder.

xxx

Gosh dknsf you are so close to target! Won't be long before you hit conso, scary thought eh? S'ok though, the real tricky bit is stab. Work in progress

Very scary...but so exciting as well LOL

I have stuck to what the good Dr Has said my tw is, I have tried to get lower but my body just isnint having it. I have not lost on conso not an oz. But I am a scales bunny. I will weight everyday of my life if that is what it takes to keep an eye on my weight. It is a second a day to keep me focused on the ball. I feel that if I don't weigh then if I eat a non Dukan item then if the scales didn't see it wouldn't count and my spiral of overeating and burying my head in the sand would start again.

I have reached stabilisation and am 7 pound sover what i was when i started. But hubby is 2pounds under. We are going to ctick to consolidation until ive lost the extra pounds because i ahve been up and own when on this stage. However i have now been diagnosed with tYPE2 diabeties...see seperate post
Caz

Back