Anyone suffer with wind?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Chiana, 23 October 2011 Social URL.

1. Chiana

Chiana Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(10.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I tend to get a lot of it, which I couldn't care less about at home but it is embarrassing at work, try not to release. Would love to go swimming but I know when I get in the water the pressure sorts of helps it out. Anyone got any suggestions and no a kite is not needed:8855:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Peppermint tea!

Look at causes too, Try not eating so fast you need to chew chew and chew again, don't try to eat too fast in case you gulp air, don't have a drink for half an hour before and half an hour after a meal, as it washes away the enzymes needed to digest your food, so that the gut has to try to do the work your stomach should do and cannot, which causes the food inn your bowel to ferment and produce gas.

Excess wind, with pain in one quadrant of the abdomen, a mucous like discharge from the rectum, intermittent constipation/ diarrhoea or both are all symptoms of IBS but MUST be diagnosed by a doctor, as there are a few conditions that also cause those symptoms.

4. loudpurplehair

loudpurplehair Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    I've been suffering over the last week or so (and lets just say my boyfriend has too). I have heard slimming world is quite a windy diet by its nature anyway, there'll certainly be a volume of fermenting fruit and veg in your tummy causing some gas. I have been using windeze for when it gets trapped. It only disperses it and doesnt cause you to fart, but about 4 days on from my last tablet it's definitely not it being trapped that's the problem!

5. Chiana

Chiana Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(10.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks, probably all the extra fruit, wonder if it will ease up.
    Trapped wind is def not my problem:8855:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.