Anyone tried Curves or Ladyzone?

march2012

Hi all. I have lost about 2.5 stone since September and have just switched to Slimming World after fainting 5 times on a diet called SureSlim. I'm really happy with SW but feel I need to do a bit more exercise. There's no way I'm joining a gym (way too self concious) but a friend told me about "Curves" (the circuit workout gym just for women) and I think that might be perfect for me. The problem is, because of me weight, size etc I get really paranoid about things breaking or me not fitting or whatever. :eek: I know it's prob a bit pathetic as it sounds like a bit of a lame excuse but I tend to avoid situations where my size might be an issue, ie going on the bus, theme parks, football stadiums, cinemas etc. Do the machines at Curves have a weight limit? Or size limit? If anyone larger like me (ie 24 stone upwards) has been to LadyZone or Curves, I'd really like to know what your experience was and whether your size was 'accomodated.' Has anyone my size or thereabouts just gone for it and joined the gym? Thanks for reading btw xxx :)

at my heaviest near 23 stone i was a member of curves theres no way you can break the machines. There one machine you might have trouble with. its the one where u have to get your feet up on the foot plates i struggled because i have a belly and im guess you might too but its nothing to do with the machine not taking your weight its just the actual movement of getting your feet up on the plates.
i was really nervous about not fitting on the machine etc so the lady gave me my induction over her lunch break when it was closed to the public . Im sure they could do this for you if u asked x

Back