Anyone tried or is doing shake that weight vlcd?

That's a good idea I usually devour every carb in sight before starting and that makes for a very hard first few days!

I'm doing good back to pre baby weight now so I finally feel like I'm getting back to my old self!! Would like another stone off before my wedding which is in just over 6 weeks!! X

Well I'm in a constant fight against carbs lol

Well done you! Wow not long left, have you picked your dress yet? X

Yeah I've got my dress I love it and alternations won't need to be done till the week before the wedding so just enough time x

Awh that's good! Well I hope you et the loss you want and have a fantastic wedding day! ? xx

Hello everyone, for some reason I'm
Just useless on this diet so in going to try slimming world for a bit I started a week ago and lost 5 1/2 lb so think that's something that I can actually stick at as I'm clearly not good at sticking to the shakes. Your all doing really well, I have the upmost respect for anyone that can do it, it works as I lost 4 stone last year doing it but this time I can't get in to it, don't think it helps that I've got a lot of stress going on at the moment. Not that I'm making excuses but I think I keep comfort eating. Good luck all I'll still check in to see how your all doing.

Hope you had a great holiday Jeanette :)

And tara good luck with your wedding Hun I'm sure it will be brill and you'll look gorgeous!

Good luck to all the newbies

Speak to you soon xxx

Ps

Thanks for all the help, encouragement and advice you've given me aswell :)

Emmy if my wedding wasn't so close I would not be sticking to this it's always easier the first time round for some reason!

5 1/2 is really good! I have done SW before and found it pretty easy (compared to shakes) I always worried that I couldn't go back to it because of the amount of carbs you can eat I assumed I would put the weight on really quickly!!

I will be doing SW once the wedding is over!! Life's too short to live your life hungry as is it too short to life your life fat! Bit of a double sided sword really!!

X

Thank you Tara feel like a bit if a failure but I just can't stick to it. I thought I'd put on weight the first week too, you can eat so much it's a bit scary to start with as normally fruit is the enemy on some diets as it's got carbs and sugar but on sw you can eat as much as you like. I def think this is the diet to be on if you got a bit more time but I know the shakes are quicker which is why I always turn to them but in the long run for me it ends up being longer because I always end up eating something and put on everything I lost lol. I cAn see why your doing it before your wedding If I dont get to goal I probably will aswell just to loose a bit more to get in to the dress x

I'm so excited to eat something accompanied by rice! It's so sad lol! You'll have to still keep us posted on how you're getting on! Yeah maybe just do shakes the month before you're wedding! SW is more of a lifestyle change so will defo do that on a long term basis x

I will Defo, my weigh in is Tuesdays so I'll let you know how week 2 goes but I won't mention food lol I know how annoying it is when your trying to stick to the shakes and everyone's talking about food.

Hi all, good results everybody. Emmy good luck with SW, keep us posted. I had a great holiday and put on a stone, but hav lost 10lb this week. But havent been so good last 2 days as hav started picking. Fruit mainly as been craving strawberries and greek yog :rolleyes: hav also had the odd choc :eek: but will try to resist :(

Sent from my C5303 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Jeanette, glad you had a fab time well done on the loss, now your near your target you ever considered slimming world, I'm doing quite well on it and you can eat unlimited amounts of fruit and veg and can still eat potatoes, yogurts and even chocolate if you count it in your syns. Just a thought as you been on the shakes for so long x

Yes! Drinking heaps of water- I can feel the weight coming off though but I've read increasing fat (coconut oil for me) helps which it has! Phew! Weekly weighin tomorrow so I'll update my results :) How are you going??

afternoon all, hope everyone is doing well?
Emmy, yes have had enuf of doing an VLCD now, will just get down to where i was before hols, then will come off it and do healthy eating. have been toying with either W.W. or S.W. but haven't decided yet tho. have done S.W. before but not the new plan, just red or green days, mainly red as i don't eat a lot of Pasta/rice/potatoes normally, my downfall is bread :eek:

A lot of people at the meeting have said the new plan had much more options than the others (I've not tried the others) but I've had a sneaky weigh in and lost another 4lb so far this week and I've honestly never eaten so much, wish I found it earlier lol

Happy for you Emmy!! I can't wait to join you!! I only ever did the new plan it was very easy and everything you eat is fresh!! Had an omelette today was supposed to only have shakes but OH got back from his stag do this morning and ordered an 18inch pizza so I needed something or I would have had to put him and his pizza in the garden lol x

Hi all, glad you had a good holiday Jeanette - hard getting back into it, isn't it? I put 17lbs on while away for 10 days. 10lb came off straight away but struggling to get back to my pre holiday weight now and have been back 3 weeks.

Emmy - good luck with SW. I know a lot of people who have done really well with it - including my brother in law who lost a whopping 16 stones!! I love the diet as can eat so much, but I couldn't seem to lose weight on it.

Good luck to the new starters, it is worth it! I just need to get my head back in gear and stop eating bread!! Another Monday and another fresh start for me after a weekend of silly indulgence that I didn't particularly enjoy. The irony of it all is that I feel so much better when on plan and in control, but that knowledge doesn't seem to stop me eating things I know I shouldn't.

Just done my T25 workout, which I've not done since before holidays, and about to have my first shake. I want to lose the holiday weight and then shift another 2 stones.

Hope everyone has a good week xx

Well today is day 1 for me! Just had my first shake vanilla and it was nice!

I had planned to reduce my carbs last week so wouldn't feel to bad but then scoffed pizza last night like it was my final meal ever! So got a feeling I'm going to suffer lol

Good luck to everyone starting sw I don't have the willpower when counting points/sins so that's why the shakes work for me as I know that's all I can have lol

Finger crossed this works for me xx

afternoon everyone, welcome new starters.
emmy, well done on ur loss, 4lb is marvelous:eek:, yes sparkley, i'm in the same boat, have been hopless this week, really hard to get back into the swing of things:(

Hi everyone and welcome to all new starters!

I've just come back from a few days in Devon where I still did my shakes and had evening meals - tried to have fish and veg but it's so hard when you're eating at restaurants isnt it? Everything seems to come with potato and you dont know how its cooked i.e butter, oil etc (I use frylight at home). I've been losing weight steadily over the last 3 weeks since starting the plan so waiting for my next weigh in to see how well I've done since being away on hols.

Whilst I was away I had one little treat to myself though and had a scone with clotted cream and jam, I regret it though because I felt ill within an hour of eating it and then we set off on the long journey home and I had excruciating stomach cramps and felt nauseous and had to stop to actually be sick, my husband said it's my body rejecting the fatty food - I see it as punishment. Anyway things always look nicer than they taste and I can’t say I enjoyed it really. I've learnt my lesson now and never want to feel like that again!

Last edited:
Back