Anyone tried or is doing shake that weight vlcd?

Hey Jaktar... Ur dog is absolutely adorable!!! What breed dog is d other one?? He looks massive in comparison!!! Dats gr8 he was well cared 4 and Luved while u were away! Im dog Sittin next Tues-Sat 4 a friend ....cross between a Sheep dog and a collie! Lookin 4ward 2 walkin him loads .... Gr8 motivator!!!
Was runnin l8 this mornin and 4got 2 stand on scales .... Have done lots of walkin this wk Feel fitter which is gr8 :)
Have a gr8 wkend girls!!! Hope all gud with ye'all!!

Hi all, had a good nite, had steak and salad, but did have a small bit of cheese and a glass of wine :eek: not good i know but not weighing till next thurs lol. also doing a birthday tea for my uncle, u know, sandwiches, cakes, pies and sausage rolls etc :eek:, will have chicken and salad put out so that i don't cheat :D

Jax u are going great with ur exercise, puts us all to shame :D

Portia, hope u are better?

Hello ladies

Shoebe Barry is a dog de Bordeaux. If you ever saw the film Turner and Hooch he is the same type of dog. Absolutely huge! And his other dog is a giant schnauzer called Charlie. Clyde really misses his adopted brothers :( but I have made arrangements with Dom for him to go out once a week with the mutt crew. These are some of his 'big' friends
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1380303324.676974.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1380303350.338656.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1380303385.570216.jpg

The young lad is Toby Doms son. Clyde loves kids.

Jeanette you seem to be liking the xante stuff more. So glad you had a nice night with your family. It still feels strange for me eating. Took me ages to read menus but I coped.

Glad it was only 3lbs ha ha! If I'd ate and drank without thinking it could have been a lot more. So thankful for planning well ahead.

X

Hi everyone,
Jax, yes i like the hot meal in the evening, and the porridge is lovely :) only thing is the losses. I am losing between 2-3 lbs a week, sometimes more. What was ur losses? R u off the shakes for good? How much more do u want to lose? U will hav to give us a typical atkins days menu.

Hi Jeanette

I've tried to do induction when I was away. Which is roughly 4oz of lean protein (fish/meat/poultry) with each meal. Then it gets complicated you are only allowed 20gm net carbs of foundation veg. All veg has a diff carb count so it's choosing wisely.

The book is awkward to follow but I have got the carb tracker on my phone and it gives me ideas/recipes for meals and snacks plus the carb count.
So today I will have breakfast

Smoked salmon with 2tbspn cream cheese with 50gm of cucumber

Snack 2 sticks of celery

Lunch grilled chicken on 144gm of salad leaves with half avocado 10 black olives

Snack 1 slice of cheddar cheese

Tea 188g lettuce turkey ham
1 cherry Tom 2tbspn chopped onion 30gm cheddar cheese 1tbspn of French dressing.

It's the net carb count of veg you have to watch for.

I've still got 2 stone to loose and I prob didn't do everything right when away but at home I can do it easier.

I'm not on any shakes and havnt been since before my hols.so this week will be a test of if I'm getting the diet right.

So glad that your having good losses with xante but how much longer are you going to do it for? It is quite expensive.

Me and little fella have done our hour round the fields. Now to do my exercises.

X Jax

Sounds good jax, do u find it filling? I read that u hav to hav fat to burn calories. And if u like coffee u can hav something called bullet coffee. U will hav to read the atkins forum for ideas. I used to make something called hamburger pie, which is mince, onions topped with an egg, cream and cheese topping and cooked for about 30-45 mins.

I hav to lose about another 3 stone or more. Will do exante till end of november, then slowly add carbs and protein till xmas. Will hav a few days off diet over xmas, then go back on exante to lose remainder. I lose weight very slowly normally. Even on exante, sometimes its less than 2lb :(

If the xante is working for you keep at it. But it's a good idea like you said to give it a break as your body does need time to adjust over a few weeks to normal eating. Now that I am home I will find it easier to eat and make proper meals. Yes I do feel satisfied with the meals. Think my stomach has def shrunk that's why I have to have two little snacks to keep on top of my allowances.

Well I did my exercises much to Clyde's amusement Then me and him have just spent 3 hours mowing weeding and tidying up the gardens.and his reward was a run around the park. He is def fitter than before his hols. So it's great to go on longer walks with him.

Right coffee break over got a bit off ironing to do. X

Hi Jax, glad u are going ok with atkins.

Well survived the party lol, had sausage rolls, pasties, sandwiches, pizza, crisps and plenty of little cakes, AND DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING :eek::), had my meal pack (spaghetti bolognaise) and a small green salad. did have 3 tiny cubes of cheese, but otherwise nothing :D very pleased.

Wow wow wow Jeanette Uve Amazin willpower... I take my hat off 2u... Ur fantastic!!! Think Id have caved and then felt guilty afterwards! Carbs not worth it!!

Hard 2 believe its d 1st Oct on Tues!!

Ta 4 sample days menu Jaktar... I've stocked up on fish, meat and salad ... Goin 2 try it 4 a wk as need break 4m shakes ... Ur a star!

Hi shoebe, yes am pleased lol. yes October already,( well on Tues :)) am off sat to newquay, thought to keep to plan till i go and watch the carbs, whilst away. well, try being operative word.:D Have given all food away to sister and family, except a plate of food for Len and a 1/4 of his birthday cake.

Very well done Jeanette you go girl. The will power is amazing. I think it's harder eating than the shakes as you get used to just ha ing them.

Shoebe do try looking at Atkins as you get a good ideas for the meals. It's the veg you really have to watch and quantity.

Off to take Clyde for his jaunt then walking into town to pay se bills :(

X

Hey Jaxkar

Ur d first person who has said that d Atkins bk is complicated... and I agree with u 100% ... I had my mini weighin scales out this mornin weighin out 4oz of kippers 4 my bfast and 4oz of salmon 4 lunch .... Light bulb moment .... I over ate protein in d past ... Thought it was unlimited .... Cud eat half or all a roast chicken Tis no wonder I put on weight!
Is it ok to drink Pepsi Max or Coke Zero? I know water is ideal but ders times smthg sweet is nice! Do u think that d sweetners in d drinks can set off cravings? Trying 2 pin point what triggers my cravings as Im takin chromium 2 control dem

Hope everyone is havin a marvellous Monday:)

Shoebe I do drink Pepsi max or coke zero but look at the carb count. So I may have 1 every few days. The book said NO to foods
1. Foods made with flour
2. Anything with sugar in any form
3. Alcohol
4. Nuts and seeds on induction
5.grains eg rice barley oats etc
6. Pulses eg beans lentils etc
7. Any veg that's not in acceptable food list eg pots, parsnips, carrots, squashes
8 dairy products other than hard cheese, cream, butter. So no milk of any sort , yogurts, cottage cheese or ricotta til finished induction
9. Low fat foods
10. Junk food
11. Gum, breath mints unless sorbitol or xylitol based but watch carbs

Anything manufactured with trans fats

It might be easier if you check out Atkins website that will list all induction veg and how much to have.

Jax

Super Tanx Jax ... Sending lots of hugs Ur way!!

Had 3 walnuts oops ... Not bad 4 day one!!
Im surprisingly full!! Result!! ?

It's no prob Shoebe. I've got new revolution book. Got it from charity shop.

Do try and get the Atkins Carb Counter app for your phone. It's free. Gives you loads of ideas and recipes too.

X

Shoebe look under recipes and it will tell you what to cook for how many too. You can adjust the quantity for say 2 meals.

It also tells you the carb count. It is handy thing. Also helps with the phases.

X

Tanx Jax .... Feelin gud Drank a power of water today as was very thirsty! Only down side is d trips 2 d loo!!! :)
Kitty not impressed by d dog .... Her hair practically stood up straight when she heard him whine! Hilarious! He'll b joining me for lots of walks and runs for d next 6 days ... Stayin longer than we anticipated ... OH not impressed... Ha ha Men h8 change!!!

Hi both, good luck with atkins :)
Off to town 2moro, must not forget my bar. Hav been pickin 2day at left over ham :( and, had a choc ricecrispy from asda (only tiny, but still) :(

NJOY toy Jeanette... Can't beat some retail therapy!! :) No work Fri so only 2 days til a long wkend Yeah!!!

Back