Anyone tried or is doing shake that weight vlcd?

Yes that's very true, i started on the Sunday as i had nothing planned on that day, and had a meal out and enjoyed it very much on the Saturday, knowing i was going to stop eating the next day :D

Jeanette, I'm going to start this weekend as go on holiday in 3weeks! Bit apprehensive as I know I will not lose as much weight! Would have like to be under 15 stones! If I'm careful might lose a bit more.
Maz, that's a great weight lose, I have kept mainly with the shakes apart from a few light meals when I've gone out. Just keep to protein and salad or veg(but not root veg).
x

Good luck pink, i have been very good, but havent lost anything since adding food, as last week was TOM as well :mad:, oh well definitely not in ketosis this week, as a little bit hungrier. had lunch in town today, had chicken, peas and potatoes, but only ate one small boiled potato, was afraid lol. am trying to add a small bit of carbs as know i will have some on holidays.

Jeanette, When do you next weigh in? You might have stabilised last week and will start losing as you are now on a low cal diet. We will all be back on it when we're back from holiday and there be no stopping us! X

Hello all

I've survived my outing to Newcastle.

Late lunch so had my shake at 9.30am. Had a tuna nicoise to eat. Ate half of tuna most of lettuce and green beans half a boiled egg. No dressing! With herbal tea. As we were chatting girls didn't notice to much. Drank plenty of water.

Then it was a pub crawl. Thank god I dnt drink as it was huge pitchers of Pimms then wine. So after 2 decaf coffes 2 bottles of water and 2 diet pepsis I was sick of going to the loo.:(

As it takes me bout 2 hours to get home I could make my excuses to get home to little man indoors. Bursting for the loo by time got in. Just made it ha ha x

Can't believe the first thing I did after the loo go to fridge for bottle of water! :)

So whipped the fella around the park before gates locked. Gave him his tea. Phoned Tom and now it's 10 and the day is over!

Congrats on your loss Maz. Weekend over and Monday is new start Sian good luck.

Jeanette it will def get moving body still in starvation mode so will hold onto food just incase you stop feeding it again. Give it a little longer for it to get used to food again. Good on you for your jeans. It's fab isn't it new size yes. Xx

Pink so glad you had a good afternoon. What did you go and see?

X

Hi Jax, glad you made it, in more ways than one lol. :D that sounds like a good choice for lunch, you shouldn't see any problems with what you ate, tomorrow. good job you don't drink though:D

hope so re weight gain, as i am off down my friends for a meal tomorrow and out to a restaurant on friday, couldn't get out of it, as it's for my brother-in-laws birthday :(,
re Friday, am thinking of having steak, and veg, with praps one boiled potato? and down my friends, she still thinks i am off the carbs so....... shouldn't be to bad, but still dread Sunday, AGAIN!!!!!

Ladies u r my inspiration! I don't think I can do sole source I need food! When I stop losing I'll skip the meal I guess. I've gone from 13s to 12 now want to be in 11s by 2 weeks. Is that possible? I was having frozen mix veg Which hav carrots and peas think I'll stop having that. My dinners are mostly chicken either soup or roasted. Miss potatoes! I read some where to lose weight u should not hav more than 70g of carbs a day is that Wht u ladies do?

Jeanette keep going it will sort itself out. Other wise try one less shake. After Sunday and see if that starts it again. Are you 2 shakes bar and meal still? In fact I think might be the bar as berry one is 23g carbs might be kicking you out ketosis with your veg. Just a thought..

Maz I don't want to upset you bought you don't have all that much weight to loose and your weight loss might not as be as excessive as us other ladies. You only have 2-3 stone to loose but we have several so our bodies are loosing it at a faster rate. Just take care.

Well weigh in day ladies and I think my tuna has been swimming in my stomach all night. Not painful just uncomfortable. This morning I feel starving! :(

Hi all,
got another busy day ahead. Changed all beds ,so hoping the weather stays good so I can dry it all! Need to do some weeding, can't believe how fast they grow!
Jeanette keep going love, you've worked so hard! Think of all that fat that has gone forever! I'm dreading starting on food, but it has to be done if I don't want to put all weight back on.
Jax good luck with weigh in, shame about the tuna! One of my favourites!
Maz I agree with Jaz, you might not reach that kind of target in such a short time, but think about how well you've done so far and a little longer wont hurt to reach goal.
Have a nice day all. X

Thanks Pink whoop whoop 4 1/2lb off that takes me to 28 1/2lb x

Jeanette as pink said you have come so far just have patience x I know easier said than done x but think how many packets off lard you have lost. Your body may be loosing inches more than weight. Just feel how baggy your jodhpurs jeans are now! Think of those tops that are looser and more comfortable to wear x keep chugging thinnie twinnie xxxxx

Morning all, Jax, that's excellent news, over 2 stone now :D all that worry about your tuna, it must have swum right away lol :D Have tried a few of my mothers size 20 t-shirts and am borrowing one to go down friends tonight:D. Am only having one shake in morning now, and having some toast for lunch with a small bit of protein and protein and veg for tea.

Pink, you have been a bizzy bee lol. Raining here now :(, i know what you mean about food, i am better not eating at all, no problem sticking to shakes, it's when food is on the table i have problems :). not picking, as i don't eat between meals, but choosing the right food:eek:

Maz, i didn't have any food with my shakes, just the 2 shakes and a meal replacement bar. but if you are losing with a meal, leave well enough alone. What you should be having i think is trying to have no carbs, just protein, IE. chicken/fish and cauli/cabbage etc, no high calorie veg like peas etc.

Thank you Jeanette. Wot u only stopped a borrowing. T shirt? If could have borrowed any clothes of my mother I certainly wouldn't be doing shakes! As she was the original size 0 infact I would say 00 :) bless six n a bit stone soaking wet with 3 jumpers on :) if she was an ounce :) def did not inherit her skinny gene. :(

So how did the short fitting go? Any luck? Next week am going to have a clothes try on. As its been a few weeks since last one.

Jeanette do have a look at F-Atkins diet. You will get quite a few good ideas for food choices. I do think when I start eating am going to follow their eating plans. Not the faffy stuff but the salads and veg choices. Might even take my little electronic food scales away so I can still measure when eating at "home".

X

Hi Jax, my mother used to be a little smaller, is probably a size 18 at the moment, but have put weight on round middle and doesn't like things clingy, so buys a size larger. She bought a camisole top today, which i liked, so am "borrowing" it for holiday before she wears it lol
been trying clothes on, will have to get some new t-shirts and camisoles, as mine are all baggy.

Will have a look at the diet, and see. more than likely as i don't eat potatoes/pasta/rice i will have more veg for evening meal with protein, rather than buying convenience meals like i was doing (only cooking for myself) and try to keep to a small amount of bread a day, say one or two small slices. as i couldn't keep off the bread altogether :D I had been having 0% fat Greek yogurt with a tsp honey for breakfast before i started the shakes. so will probably go back to that.

Good for you with your baggy tops/camisole Jeanette . I was thinking after next week I might treat myself to a few while there is some left!

Your like me I dnt do pots/pasta but I do like wild rice. Oh and total fat free 0% Greek yogurt is lovely. But sure it's carb count is high-ish as with most dairy.

Just to keep you sane the choice of veg on F-Atkins is very good and the amount of salad is huge infact dinner size plate full. It just tells you the right low carb veggies. So you can still have your protein but masses of the right veg. I dnt do packet food. I don't mean to be rude. I would do enough for 2 days. So every other day I had a diff meal. Plus my little dustbin Clyde, loves his veg. So he had what I did. Cept salad he doesn't do rabbit food. :)

I looked at my Calander today from when I decided this year I was going to be thinner. From feb 17 2013 I have lost 50 1/2 lb. so I could do it without the shakes too. Just needed a kick up the arse like the shakes gave me.

Hope you have a lovely meal at your friends tonight. Fridays steak sounds fab.

I buy the offers in marks and Spencer's 3 for £10.

Get 2 packs of steak and chicken thighs for Clyde. The steaks are filling up the freezer and he eats the chicken. So I've got plenty of protein for when my eating phase starts.

X

Jax you have lost so much weight! I looked at my diary and I'd lost 12lb before going on shakes so I'm not doing bad, not as good as you though! You must look different and fantastic! I hope you've taken photos!
its exciting to be trying on new clothes, I had an appt today and smartened myself up a bit, nice linen trousers and top. I could notice the difference, not bad for an old girl! We should all be very proud of what we have achieved! I'm really looking forward to when I come back from my holiday so I can just go for it with the shake, and look great for Christmas.
enjoy your meal tonight Jeanette, I have got a few steaks from M&S and I bought some thin ,sandwich steak that I think I could manage at the beginning.
unfortunately I love carbs, but have changed to whole meal pasta and brown rice and I quite like it! Also love any kind of potatoes! I'm doomed!!! Why is food so nice?
When clearing I have found loads of clothes I had forgot! Really nice bits from France, mostly size 16/18 so I'm very happy that they nearly fit! It's amazing that we can buy clothes and completely forget that we have them!
well I've written lots! Catch up later. X

can you send me the link for F-Atkins? had a look at total fat free yogurt and it has 4g carbs for 100g, which is the amount i have, well, used to have lol.

You better start looking for clothes or there will be none left :D

You have lost over 50lb since February? that's marvelous:wow: i have lost 34lb since January, so feeling better. what's £10.? re the price from Marks lol?

Hi pink, it's nice when you try on clothes that were once too small isn't it?:) Yes i am also looking forward to getting right down to if not goal weight a lot smaller than now lol:D

I've lost 27lb since the beginning of May ! Not bad, so if I lose 1lb this week will be 2 stone! We are all brilliant!!!!
There is a deal £10 for 3items in M&S, includes a lot of meat. X

Pink i think i going mad, have a look at Jax's post re the meat bargain? when i put down what she posted it didn't say £10, it was a lot of hash's etc lol
27lb is great since beginning of may, you will lose more than 1lb this week though

Back