Anyone tried or is doing shake that weight vlcd?

Hiya all, Me again. I'm struggling and need some advice!

Is there anything else I can make the shakes into? I see before, I'm sure it was in this thread, something about muffins. Can I make them with the shake that weight shakes? Or anything at all? I can't stomach the shakes to the point they're making me throw up.

When I did Diet chef I loved their shakes. Do you think maybe I could have their shakes as my 3 a day instead, and maybe take a vitamin to build on the protein? This is the states of the Shake that weight milkshakes, and Diet chef to compare:

SHAKE THAT WEIGHT
Nutritional
Per 100g
per 34g serving
Energy (kcal)
397​
135​
Energy (kJ)
1669​
567​
Protein (g)
36.8​
12.5​
Total Carbohydrates (g)
36.8​
12.5​
- sugars (g)27.39.3
Fat (g)
9.7​
3.3​
- saturates (g)
2.6​
0.9​
Omega 3 (g)
0.26​
Omega 6 (g)
3.3​
1.1​
Fibre (g)
7.4​
2.5​
Sodium (mg)
0.735​

DIET CHEF
Nutritional Information: (per 100g)
Protein 4.1g
Carbohydrate 9.1g (of which sugars 8.3g)
Fat 0.9g (of which saturates 0.2g)
Fibre 1.6g
Salt 0.2g
Sodium 0.1g

The diet as a hole (3 Shakes and then a low carb high protein meal in the evening) isn't a problem.. I can handle that fine. I could even handle having nothing all day and just the evening meal, but I know I won't lose weight on starvation. But I can just not keep the shakes down and desperately need an alternative.

I have made the shakes into a muffin, i found them bit to heavy, was wondering if u could put 1/2 tsp baking powder into them to make them a bit lighter? as i only had vanilla left, i put in some lemon flavouring (not much) and mixed the shake to a thick (but not to thick and not runny either lol) paste with some warm water, also added some splender to taste. i put this into a plastic container about the size of a ramakin and put into micro for 1.5 to 2 mins. hope that helps, let me know if u put baking powder in? would like to know if it helps :D

P.S. when adding water put 2 desert spoons warm water in ramekin before adding shake, and add a little bit more by trickling in the water.

We tried it and it's just turned into a small bowl of gooo with like a plasticy textured cover over top it?

We put 2 dessert spoons of warm water into a ramakin, poured in the milkshake mixture slowly while stirring it up. Added a bit more water beings it was more than just a little thick.. Microwaved for 1.30 minutes but it didn't look right so put on for another 30 seconds and still looks more like Mr Blobbys body exploded in the bowl lol. What are we doing wrong?

Well it looks like u made it the same as me. Mine looked like a muffin, just a bit heavy. Try it for between 1.5 and 2 mins. If u type into google, vlcd muffins, minimins, u will, if u scroll down, find the recipe for muffins. Praps seeing something I forgot :(

Sent from my C5303 using MiniMins.com mobile app

As I can't stomach the shakes, I've decided to not do the VLCD. Good luck to you all who do continue with it. I've registered for slimming world and shall give that a try as I think it may suit my life style and stomach lol a little better. Thanks to those who helped me so much while I tried out 4 days of Shake that weight. :)

Wow well done LH on your 9ls loss that's brilliant!!

Just started mine today, had a strawberry shake this morning.. to be honest it's not as nice tasting as I was hoping, so hoping maybe there's another shake in there that I'll love so I can stick to this.

Yeah banana is my worst so going to ask em to omit ths one next time..... Love others though

Poor u muffin... Best of luck with SW!

Hey Jeanette... Went to see Delivery man in d cinema .. 'twas gud... Didnt bother with Chinese rest as had 2 cook 4 kids and their friend ... Feel bloated... Terrential rain here .. I got drowned Waitin 4 d bus,., oh 2 live in d sun... NJOY Ur wkend On liquids today.. Need 2 fast 2 detox and get back in d zone...
Amazin all that come and go on this forum... Uve inspired me 2 stick at it!!! Tanx :)

I've given up with my Shake that weight and going to post them to a friend to try. I really can't get on with them and they were making me ill physically. :( Sad cos I was looking forward to it, but rather than give up completely I joined Slimming world online and will work on that from today :) Best of luck with your Shake that weight xx

Ahh thanx shoebe, u keep me going as well :D
Good job u didnt hav any chinese as u would hav been even more bloated!!
I'm still keeping to first pack at 12.30-1pm, and going good at moment. Was going to hav soup last nite at 7.30, when my neice (the one who lives a couple of doors away and looks after len when i'm away) called in! So ended up having another bar!!!! Already had one at 4pm Grr :( do u think having 2 will harm?
Rained all day yesterday here as well. So didn't go any where :) fine now, and am off food shopping in asda with my mam. 2moro supposed to be horendous here as well :(

Hey Smuffin

Hope you ok. It's a pity you stopping the diet but ure health comes first so look after yourself. Good luck with slimming world

Well today is day 1 again for me as I messed up yesterday.

Not sure for what stupid reason I ate.

Well I have promised myself that I will have no more blips

Completed day 1 today with vanilla strawberry and chocolate shake

I love all the shakes hey offer just find caramel a little too sweet

Enjoy having it with a few cubes of ice

Hope you all having a fab weekend

Thanks Sap! Best of luck with yours too :)

Are you only have 3 shakes and that's it? You need to have 3 Shakes + a low carb/high protein meal OR 4-5shakes per a day. I emailed them before about not liking the shakes and if they knew of any ways to improve the taste at all but they just came back with a straight no. They did say about the evening meal though which may help you out :)

Thanks for your message. No but if you want to cut down to 2 shakes plus a meal that’s ok but please ensure that your total daily calorie intake is no lower than 600 calories a day. With regard to your meals, try to make sure that they are as nutritious as possible with the focus on lean proteins (meats, chicken, turkey, fish) and a good variety of vegetables and salads. Stir fries are an ideal meal as you can include lots of varieties of vegetables plus a portion of protein.

Keep going with your loss, whatever works for you is best

Gud afternoon Jeanette...weighed late this mornin as slept in,, did tae bo and had shower.., up 4 lbs... reckon its water as we were invited to an Indian restaurant.... never been b4... it was amazin Tried loads of dishes.., and d naan bread sweetened with almonds and raisins..,, was out of this world.,, but 2 carb heavy and definately high calorie....back on track this mornin as had half hot choc shake..mmmm

Im goin 2 try spacin out my shakes like ur doin to see how I get on...great ur not hungry....do u have a cup of tea in d mornin or just water?
Stormy wet day here.., day to relax and stay indoors
Sent from my SM-T310 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thats only water weight, as I read that u hav to overeat by 3500 cals to put on 1 lb!!!! So unless u ate 14000 cals ( :eek: ) its not a true gain, and will come off quick hope u enjoyed it tho? :D

Awful weather here this morning as well, brighter now, but showery.

I'm allowing myself a mug of tea in morning then first meal at 1pm. Am having a treat today instead of meal pack, am having an omellete, with a slice of that soya and linsead toast, wrong I know, but works out the same cals and less carbs.

I've just ordered mine so will be starting this week when they've arrived. Luckily my husband is doing it too so that will help.
I have about 16lb to lose to get to ideal weight but might take a bit longer than normal as I suffer with a condition that makes me really insulin resistant and I produce far more than I have to which makes burning fat hard!

We ordered a trial pack to taste all the shakes before buying and I like the chocolate, caramel and banana flavour whereas he only likes the banana! Chocolate is my least favourite but I know I will want some variety. Hoping it will taste better hot as a hot chocolate!
We're both going to do 4-5 packs a day with no food for the first week and then 3 packs and a meal the following week and then see how we're doing.
Anyone else got any tips on making the shakes a bit more varied? Can't wait to start!

Ah Tanx... No, I Definately Didnt eat Dat many cals!!
Lashin from d heavens now... Thurs is d only day forecast to be dry... Totally fed up of rain!! Poor kids can't get out... Ill Definately try and bring my class 4 a run round d hall daily as needs must... Both 4 der sanity and mine!!

Thanks Smuffin,

It was just one of those days where i could nt It fit in a meal or a shake was absolutely feeling stuffed.

I will either be having 4packs or a small protein meal so it will just depend hw the day goes.

How's everyone coping and how's the weekend been? Usually I have found weekends harder but this time round it's not been bad

Today I went swimming for half an hour and from tomorrow my walk will start.

I have been previously walking so this will be good and help with the weight loss I hope

Back