Anyone tried or is doing shake that weight vlcd?

Hey, hope your teeth are feeling better I'm 27 and still terrified of the dentist!

Forgot to say shoebe - thank you for step by step muffin I'm going to try make it tonight

How's everyone doing? I'm still disappointed after losing no weight last week but gonna try think positive if that's possible, although I just want to order a massive take away to drown my sorrows but I don't think that will help so I'm plodding along

Good for u emmy, u know u would be sorry after tho.
Just stick to all the packs no extras and mly water for a week, to c how u go on.

Sent from my C5303 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Off 2 bed .. Totally shattered... Raced into town shortly after work 2 pick up some leggings and tops in Primark.. Popped into Tesco and Cudnt believe my eyes.. They'd no bars... Gutted as was goin to grab a few boxes.. Ended out gettin 4 Atkins bars 2 keep me goin... Legs achin... Wkend Prob catchin up with me .. Plus did tae bo this mornin Awake since 4.30... Hope I sleep til alarm goes off.. Nitey nite

Hi, shoebe, there's a bummer, :( always the same when u want something isnt there? Can u order online and collect in store with tesco? I know u can with asda, (but they hav no bars :()

Mornin .. Cud order bars online and get dem delivered but that adds to d cost! Ill just have to do without! Can make shakes into muffins in my classrm...Awake again last nite from 1.30-3.30... Blaming caffeine in coke zero...
Weigh in this mornin... Down 1/2lb... I was down 2lbstwo days ago but was tired and hungry yday evenin and ended out havin 1/2 jar peanut butter ... Dont know what made me buy it .. Then kept visiting jar with a spoon... Minor blip.. Cudve been d jar of nutella which I got 4 pancakes today...Determined to do better next wk...plus toilet fairy hasn't been...
Time 2 make pancakes then exercise and shower b4 work... Better dash... Have a gud one!!

What bars was you getting shoebe? Slim and save bars are quite good x

Last edited:
I like d Exante bars and d Tesco ultra slim bars .. But postage is both expensive and takes too long from Exante to Ireland.. Goin to try and give up bars 4 Lent starting tomoro ... Hopin 2 get as near 2 goal using up d packs Ive left of Exante and shake that weight b4 movin onto 5:2 ...

I've heard a lot about 5:2 do you Reckon it actually works? What kinda things can you eat x

Check out d forum on it... Cassieclaus has inspired me... She did Exante to lose d weight and then moved over to 5:2.. She's big into exercise!

Evening all, I just made pancakes with exante shake mix and egg white!!!! Really nice, am feeling stuffed now tho :D
I am thinking of going on 5 : 2 diet after I get to goal, but to maintain tho. Was thinking of either one or 2 days on exante a week, and not going too mad other days.
How r u both? Went out for lunch today, and instead of chicken salad had a small (6 oz ) steak and salad, was lush :D

Mmm sounds yummy... I broke it this evenin ... Needed a splurge .. Might speed up metabolism .. Plus plannin on doing strict TS for Lent (Starts tomoro) Plus 40 days of tae bo and insanity..
Ur lunch sounded delicious...

Sounds a good plan shoebe, how long is lent?:eek:
And as u said mite give a better whoosh nxt week. And u didnt put on this week.
I've not been so good this week either, the odd extra bar, and I had some crispbread last nite as well :( not expecting much of a loss tomoro :(

Can't be any worse than my last loss Jeanette.

I counted my shakes and still got 5 weeks worth ( why did I but so many!) so I'm on this for about her 4 weeks at least, I'll have a look at the 5:2 diet, sound to good to be true only dieting 2 days a week but if it works it will be pretty great!

Lent is for 40 days ... Starts tomoro... Ends Easter Sunday... People usually take St Patricks Day off... Lots give up thgs. I usually encourage kids to take up smthg instead... ie make their beds, sweep d floor etc
Gud luck with weigh in tomoro... Hope Ur happier than Emmy and I..

Thanks both, but dont think so, think because I am nearer the end of the tunnel and can see the light I am not so focused :( will hav to be better nxt week.

I am on day 3 of the shake that weight diet i am feeling it today got a dizzy head but trying to drink more water.
so far i have lost 2 pounds finding the shakes alright in flavour which helps. hows everyone else doing today?

Hey Jeanette How did weigh in go?
Day 1/40 goin well 4 me.. Up early so spent an hr in d garden pickin up twigs .. Filled 2 wheelbarrows... Then did tae bo... Have had CHoc shake made into a muffin for lunch and have just had mushroom risotto (gross) with turkey and soya sauce... Needed 2 hold my nose eating it.. Gosh its disgusting! Lookin 4ward 2 hot mint CHoc shake l8r!!
Welcome Jayne... I find I get dizzy at times.. Horrible feeling!! Maybe someone can tell us how 2 avoid it as I can't tell u what causes it!

Hi all, welcome Jayne, i think the muzzy head is something u get at the start of a VLCD, i have had it myself, its jusually on the 3 rd day and for me last about 1 - 2 days, i find that tablets don't help much either :( u will just have to persevere till tomoro, and drink ur water. i think its because ur body is protesting myself :D

Well, i weighed and lost 1.25lb!!! was very surprised as i wasnt marvelous last week, so even tho it is small, it is a loss, and will just have to be good this week. was good in town today and had a bar, as well as one for breakfast, so thats bad as have had two today :(, still, could have been worse eh?

I pity u shoebe re the risotto as i have never fancied the look of risotto, i like rice, but it looks slimy to me, sorry :eek:

Well done Jeanette.. Nice surprise 2 get especially since u weren't sure if Ud lost any or not! Yes d risotto is slimy and smelly and such an awful unappealing and unappetising colour... Ur lucky u never ordered it!!
Im goin 2 try and stay off d scales until weigh in day as ders nothin worse than when it fluctuates... Wasn't supposed 2 eat meat today but best b4 d 6th Mar was on it so I Cudnt let it go 2 waste!!
Colleague complemented me at work today.. Said my waist looked tiny... I said Im doin lots of exercise which is true! Hope yer all winnin.. Cold all day, now the rain has started.. I h8 being cold so Im snuggled under 3 blankets....

Thanks shoebe, yes it's cold here today, but fine, which is a lot better than the rain lol. watch how much exercise u do, as too much and it affects ur weight loss with a VLCD. very nice to have a compliment, isn't it? and yes u had to eat the meal, as u couldn't throw it out could u? :D

Back