Anyone tried or is doing shake that weight vlcd?

I know I blow the lot once I've cheated a little! 3stone preferably! I think it's doable but I need to get on it now and stop putting it off! I wanna start again today but I've got cake tasting on Wednesday which makes me think what's the point... I know that's stupid!! I also need to act fast as I'm not body ready to even try dresses on yet! I've got 4 and half months!

Putting this in words has given me a little kick up the bum!!

I'm going to make a shake right now (haven't had anything to eat yet but if I leave it any longer I'll make a bad decision and end up with toast)

X

What kind of dress are you after? Only asking because if you chose a lace up back one (corset style) it can be about 3 different sizes so if you bought it the size under what you are and you lose more weight it will tighten to your size and if you didn't it can stay as it is or loosen a bit, that's what I'm thinking of doing x

Not chosen a dress just ones I like, I assume it will be tighten at the back dresses as that's the style of the bridesmaids dresses! So far so good today! About to have another shake x

Well done your doing well I just stuffed up and ate chocolate of all things and as usual didn't do it by halfs, once I knew I'd ruined it I had another 3!!! Why do I do it :-(

Hello everyone:) new to vlcds entirely and planning to start shake that weight on Friday.
have read this whole thread - took me two days!! :) inspiring stuff

I'm going on holiday in 8weeks exactly and I really want to see amazing results. Prepared for the hard work *I think I know what I'm getting into* Would appreciate any help, advice and support now and during.

As as you can see in my sig I lost 2.5 stone with slimming world but following the breakdown of our club I have found it hard to keep losing. This upcoming holiday is with my boyfriends whole family and their partners. The thought of not being considerably smaller is making me not want to go now :(

do you think I should cut out carbs from now til the shakes arrive to make the transition less harsh? What kind of results would you expect in 8weeks?

Thank you :)

Hey ya, welcome to our thread, if you stick to it I really think you could lose about 2 stone in 8 weeks, the first week I lost 9lb but my sister in law lost a stone after that it's between 2-6lb a week depending on your weight really. I had a bit of a fail yesterday as you probably saw. If you do feel the need to eat something please let it be chicken as that won't take you out of ketosis, every slip up of having a lot of carbs puts me back nearly a week I do to know why I do it. Drink lots of water, if you love tea then have it with unsweetened soya milk not normal milk but only have a splash. And if you find the shakes powdery put them in the blender with a few ice cubes, they taste so much better like that.
Good luck xx

Emmy how have you got on today are you back on track?

Welcome Hanngun, agree with everything Emmy has said drink loads of water it's easy to forget to on this after a few days in but it really does help! Everyday you will feel that bit better and that should spur you on and assuming this is your first time? From experience I'd say the first time is the easiest!!

Good luck and keep us posted

Thanks so much emmy and tara great advice :) products should arrive on thursday as I'll order wednesday morning (payday) and friday will be day 1. Excitingggg :)

Do you use ketostix? Also do you all get the shakes from stw directly? Its amazing value compared to cambridge diet chef etc!!

I don't use ketostix I know when I'm in ketosis you have a burst of energy and are not very hungry! I crave for the taste of food rather than actually being hungry!

And yes from STW direct, I've done cambridge and there really is no difference in taste.

Are you going to do just packs or have one no carb meal?

I think im going to do 3packs most days and one low carb meal on the two days a week my partner is home at dinner time (shift worker) does that sound ok?

I hope I will manage this way but if I am seriously hungry I will have a small chicken breast as per you guys advice! :)

On 1meal days should I have 2 or 3 shakes? Seems stw website suggests 3.

Love the ideas about using ice blended to make like a frappe and will deff be adding coffee to some as I love the stuff! :)

You can do the chocolate ones hot aswell and some people made muffins with them although I tried and it was a complete disaster lol. You will probably find after the 3 shakes you won't be hungry so if you plan to have a meal you probably will only manage 2 shakes, but while your just starting out best to have all 3 so you get your vitamins ect but try to keep the meal low carb, I've learnt it's better to have high fat over high carb - crazy I know

After my slip up yesterday I didn't do any better today.. 2 packs of crisps and another Easter egg. Back on the wagon tomorrow. My scales say I've bit on 3lb :-(

I do use ketostix and they do work, when I have a slip up I check them to see if it took me out of ketosis ( thinking I can trick my body somehow which is ridiculous I know) and they always tell me I'm not in it. But when I am in it I find it helps because each time I'm trying to get to the next shade thinking the higher up the colour chart I am the better my weight losing chances are. It probably don't work that way but that's what I like to think lol , I got mine on eBay was about £4 for 100 or something like that :)

Last edited:
Yeah that makes sense that's what I do I alternate days sometimes I feel I don't need a meal and sometimes I can't go without... Just make sure your prepared, food wise.

Good luck for today Emmy hopefully it's all out of your system now x

Sometimes I save 2 shakes for desert after dinner mixed together the chocolate ones take away my chocolate craving!

Amazing tips thanks :) really excited to get started!

Lost 3lb today not bad as have only been back on properly since Saturday!

Hope everyone's good x

That's brilliant Tara well done x

Afternoon everyone, well am back off holidays, and put on............ wait for it lol............17lb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: nearly fell off the scale. i know i am puffy, my legs and ankles are really puffy, so praps some water retention due to flying? but am back on exante TS from this morning(came home last night) had a great time(as u can see :rolleyes:) weather really hot and hotel lovely as well. i won't mention the food or wine (as A/I) lol:D

Wow you must have really indulged! Bet the food *wine* was amazing! As long as you had a good time you worked so hard you definitely deserved it!! And it will come off just as quick I'm sure!

Hope it's not too hard to get back into it!

Hanngun good luck for your start day tomorrow! You'll have to let us know how you get on!

How are you doing Emmy?

I been good but I have wedding cake tasting tonight and it would be rude to just smell it!

X

Hey Jeanette welcome back, that week went well quick! I fell off the wagon for a few days just weighed myself and I've put on 6lb really not worth it, at least you got a holiday out of your gain lol I'm back On it tomorrow
Hope the cake tasting goes well Tara what cake you gone for? I'm having this one

image-4002442953.jpg

Love yours Emmy, our wedding colours are pastel too! This is ours but we're having to drive an hour to the lady who can do it as a lot said it was to technical!

image-1671270144.jpg

Back