Anyone tried or is doing shake that weight vlcd?

Mine is my wedding on 6th September so 4 months, my plan is to try on dresses in a month so would like to lose a bit by then preferably a stone! X

Hi all, welcome martine :D
My goal is to get to a size 14. (am size 16 now :D) am at my lightest now ever and very pleased, but would be over the moon to get into a size 14 tho :D have always been overweight (still can't say the dreaded F word :eek:) so i am still coming to terms with being a size 16 (was 26 to 28 at heaviest last year :( ) and look at clothes now and can't believe they fit :D also when trying on clothes in shops, think they hav mirrors that make u look smaller (like some Evans stores)
When in aeroplane recently (end april) couldnt wait to c how much easier seat belt would do up, also had LOADS of space when the tray was down!!!! :D Normally it was tight against my stomach :(
Sorry about essay, u will be sorry u asked question :eek:
Sent from my C5303 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Nono I love hearing everyones stories think we can all relate to a lot of the same things.

It's hard to predict weight and size isn't itm your heigh, the shop, the material...everything comes into it.
I'm 5'4, 14'9 and a size 16 but I mostly own 18s as I was that size not so long ago and I'm not going to get a new wardrobe everytime I shrink haha

When I started slimming world I was 17'3 and size 20 but I only wore jersey and chiffon type loose clothes so probably more of a 22 really :( yikes!!

I'm 5' 6" and 13st 4lb, and sometimes think i'm a size 15 lol as some 16's are a bit loose. Have bought a size 14 marks and spencer cropped trousers(from charity shop lol) and can get them on BUT cant do them up lol:D will try them on periodically tho :D

Thanks everyone for the welcomes and advice. I am 5" 8 and 17 stone and would love to be able to pick up any size 14 ! And know it will fit. Currently 18 to 20 depending on shop. Particularly want a nice pair of jeans that I dont have to squeeze into or hang over! Weight wise i would like to weigh less than hubby xx

I'm 5'5 and I was 13st 4 as of this morning, I felt 'slim' when I weighed 10st 10 so that would be amazing for the wedding!

Martine did you start today?

Tara u weigh the same as me (and really i'm 5' 5.5", but always say 5' 6" lol) what size r u?

I'm a 14 at the moment, sometimes 12 on top so you mustn't be far off a 14 Jeanette! I know everyone carries their weight different though, I hold a lot of my weight on my legs so easily covered up!

Just for the record it's 20 to 5 and I'm starving already :( god help me today!!

Jeanette that's a great achievement going down all those sizes. You must feel great. I know what you mean about airplane seat belts. I always dread the plane in case the belt wouldn't do up!! But would just like to be comfortable in the seat instead of spilling over into the next one :O

Tara that is where I hold a lot of weight as well big thighs and bum!

It's good in a way but frustrating in the summer when I'd like to wear a short dress! I live in maxis!!

Thanks for sharing your stats ladies it really helps motivate you to guesstimate how long before a new size comes calling :)
I'm an hourglass type shape (currently no defined edges haha) so I'm hoping to see some 14s in around a stones time... fingers crossed! :)

Feeling positive today, had a sneaky weigh in as was feeling lighter and was 13st 2 that's over 4lb loss since Tuesday! Just goes to show that the odd cheat day does make a difference! As I usually don't lose this much in a whole week never mind 3 days!

It has been easier as the OH has been doing it too he's lost 6lb since Tuesday!

Now to get through the weekend girls! X

Hello all how are you all doing? im enjoying my day off before doing 6 shifts straight in a row.

looking forward to the rugby tonight and might i add no pint of beer for me. Just going to sort out heathly meals for the next few days

Thank god for Maxis lol xx staple part of my wardrobe, but know how you feel would love to fling on a wee short dress in the summer xx

afternoon everyone, hope everyone is going well? i weighed (again!!!) this morning and was 1.75 lb down!!! considering i have had the odd cheat :eek: i am very pleased, as i have been hungry since i came home, also i think its because i know it's the last month on this diet, will use up what i have left, then see how much i weigh, would love to get down to 11 st something, even 11st 13lb would do lol:D. Had 2 slice of toast last night,(was really lush :D) and was out for lunch today, was going to have my bar BUT was persuaded to have a steak and grated cheese wrap, did come with chips but only had one, but have also not had breakfast so hoping it wasn't too bad???

Last edited:
How is everyone this morning? Managing to survive the weekend? Anyone doing anything nice today xx

Back